Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 67

Author Topic: Omega legion: The Satyr's Entourage  (Read 69567 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Omega legion: The Satyr's Entourage
« Reply #825 on: June 25, 2016, 06:09:05 pm »

Welp, what is our tasking for the ceremony?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: June 25, 2016, 10:50:26 pm »

It's literally the first option in the font list...

But yeah, etc., etc.

and so on and so forth.

Noir closes her eyes relaxing thinking of mother and trying to let her mind clear of the undead.
"Sorry for crying a little bit guys I had a bad dream Is all."
Apologize  to my Mankey friends then try to find  Aylia or that other girl ((Ebony)) she seems intresting.
You gather with the glorious leader and the tag-a-long, ready for whatever.

Has the corpse's aroma changed significantly?

In any case, drag it and the carpet it's in over to where the Eye indicates. Another day, another chance to profit in the extreme.

It has not. It smells like rotting. You dump the corpse in your Omega campsite and ready up.

Welp, what is our tasking for the ceremony?
I ... wow we made it. We're like, actually there. that was a lot of detours, you know? Well, the liaison, directs you to some carts full of manure, some sacks of seeds, and a couple large bags of flower petals, and instructs you to invite the guests to spread the manure around, toss the seeds in the wake of the wedding parties, and then around the sight when they have joined, and to just go crazy with the flower petals. make it festive. plus, he asks that you ensure that no one get in the path of the two creatures. Speaking of which, you arrive at the field for the ceremony and see, on one side, a group of tall, woody ents with very rough bark and thin, needle-like leaves. A particularly dark, straight, and bare tree stands in front of this group. No ... is walking ahead of them. Must be the 'groom.' on the far side, you see an explosion. of color. Just leaves and flowers and red and grean and yellow and orange and blues everywhere. this crowd is much shorter, and spreads out much wider than the other group. It's hard at first to make out the 'bride' amidst all the color, but there she is, right in front, smaller than the others, flowers still budding, and colors less vibrant. But her branches are waving and her leaves are shimmering.

At several points around the clearing, you make note of several of the nobles - a very large ent near the center, some humanoid fey, a patch of darkness at a point alongthe edge of the clearing. best to keep the plebs away from those spots too. All in all, looks pretty straightforward. if nothing like a warwiththe fire elementals should spring up. Oh, you see the heads of  a couple of the Frost Giants peek up from over the trees off toward their site.

Keep watching.  That woman's actions are reasonably excusable as collection--Dar dislikes it, but is primarily worried about actual physical harm.

Also, he describes what happened to Aylia, over commstone.

She goes and sleeps a while back at camp before dawn approaches. Looks like she felt she got all she could for one night. Another fellow from the human camp arrives shortly after she does. You didn't see where he had been.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: June 26, 2016, 03:15:39 am »

Set a shitty mood with my fiddle as I instruct the fine guests I'm actually allowed to bother to get this shit in order.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: June 27, 2016, 08:09:41 am »

Continue watching the people.  Preferably follow that guy that went out yesterday, but if someone else (who isn't the woman) goes out first, follow them instead.
That guy lurks in the shadows, like a cat stalking it's prey. Could be trouble.

Set a shitty mood with my fiddle as I instruct the fine guests I'm actually allowed to bother to get this shit in order.
((you okay? sound a little put out.)) You fiddle morosely, and a tad hung over-ly, and point people to the manure. Hilarity ensues, as the various people start flinging the crap indiscriminately. You cover your head with your cloak and fiddle on, turning slightly to protect the instrument from the festivities.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: June 27, 2016, 08:14:29 am »

((Not at all put out, actually. It's just a very shitty job if you get my meaning.))

Continue shitting the place up. Expand the festivities as long as it doesn't interfere with classes above our competence. Let the miracle of Brownian motion cover the ground and guests in a lovely fertilizing layer. Encourage the guests to roll away as they dodge (with predictable results), but DO NOT demonstrate myself.

What sort of manure is it, by the way? Forest creature, farm animal, monster, some other kind? I'm not really a ranger but I presume that you could tell at least the rough size of the creator from the shape and overall look.

Also, if any guests lose a hat, see if I can nab it in the confusion and put some manure in it. If spotted, pretend that I was cheerily going to return it and, if it's still wanted, proceed to do so.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 08:19:36 am by Harry Baldman »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: June 27, 2016, 11:48:12 am »

Continue observing.
Basically this, also, keep people out of the way.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: June 27, 2016, 12:45:45 pm »

I'll participate in the festivities. no reason not to. the Eye and Dar are watching over the suspicious people after all.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: June 27, 2016, 01:50:41 pm »

Noir will participate in the festivities very happily.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: June 28, 2016, 08:06:33 am »

((Not at all put out, actually. It's just a very shitty job if you get my meaning.))

Continue shitting the place up. Expand the festivities as long as it doesn't interfere with classes above our competence. Let the miracle of Brownian motion cover the ground and guests in a lovely fertilizing layer. Encourage the guests to roll away as they dodge (with predictable results), but DO NOT demonstrate myself.

What sort of manure is it, by the way? Forest creature, farm animal, monster, some other kind? I'm not really a ranger but I presume that you could tell at least the rough size of the creator from the shape and overall look.

Also, if any guests lose a hat, see if I can nab it in the confusion and put some manure in it. If spotted, pretend that I was cheerily going to return it and, if it's still wanted, proceed to do so.

((I know exactly what you mean :P))
It appears to be an eclectic mix of manures of various shapes, sizes, and viscosity. People dodge and roll and in general carouse to their hearts' content. And the plants move together, crawling over the revelers and caressing their filthy parts. You note with dismay that the predictable happens, in large quantities - people are getting way too close to the elite. Perhaps it's time for a more coordinated dance? The Dance of the Equilateral Rectangle, perhaps?

Continue observing.
the guy slips away from you at one point. You catch a glimpse of him, further along, on the other side of a crowd, carrying something that he wasn't before.

Continue observing.
Basically this, also, keep people out of the way.
it gets to be quite a mess, and your polite rejoinders to move along are unheard. Might need to be a bit more pointed in your delivery. Like, with a pointed object to some backsides. It's like these people never learn.

I'll participate in the festivities. no reason not to. the Eye and Dar are watching over the suspicious people after all.
You throw flower petals and dodge the "life giving soils" as well as you can. the wind takes your petals the wrong way though.

Noir will participate in the festivities very happily.
You dance and spin and laugh. One of the flowery trees steps on you and crawls over you. it feels like a dozen tree branches are trying to give you sholder massages all at once. and knee massages. It's pretty unpleasant, but before long the tree is past you and you lay on the ground, covered in dust and smelling a tad less like crap than you did a moment ago.

the ceremony is rather odd. the Ents all stand at various spots in the field and raise their branches to the sun. they make a long hum, each with a different note. Some pixies fly over, throwing something less smelly than waht you guys have been reveling in. the two who are being united shamble forward. the tall thin one approaches the spot first and begins digging in with it's roots. Then the other crawls forward and begins wrapping itself around the first, climbing upward like a vine, it's toes digging in to the dirt above the toes of the other, it's branches tracing out along the supports of the other's branches until it's leaves and flowers extend beyond the tips of the fir's branches. And then a line of Merfolk and others begin bringing buckets of water to pour at their feet, while some large flying beasts pass overhead, their riders casting some kind of light spell, making the day brighter and brighter. Aside from the more mobile of the elite, the party ignores the lessers almost completely at this point.

the Liaison mentions to each of you that "this will last all day."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: June 28, 2016, 11:25:42 am »

Actual telekinetic shoving, got it.  Also, ping Aylia.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 11:29:14 am by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: June 28, 2016, 11:28:37 am »

"I'm going to clean off at the river guys."

Noir gets up and if she was dirty goes to clean herself off she will of course not interrupt the ceremony to do this or any other activity she will most likely clean herself off in the river but she will not jump in and if the water looks to fast she won't  go in.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 11:31:29 am by AbstractTraitorHero »
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: June 28, 2016, 11:35:23 am »

Form up the shitflingers (as in bark orders at them authoritatively and urgently enough to seem more important than they are and thus worth listening to) nearer to the elite into a formidable force of chimpalikes, and lead them in a glorious offensive (in more ways than one) toward the other, more distant half of the guests, seeking to drive them back.
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 67