Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 67

Author Topic: Omega legion: The Satyr's Entourage  (Read 69675 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Omega legion: The Satyr's Entourage
« Reply #705 on: June 09, 2016, 07:15:44 pm »

>Hopefully I do not need to roll to clean up.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: June 09, 2016, 07:31:18 pm »

Aylia stands after making sure no one else needed her and walks over to Aylia shoulders slumped and in a slightly  down tone.
"This went all wrong Aylia....."
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: June 09, 2016, 08:41:13 pm »

((So how did we fuck up. Sorry for inactivity.

For the record, if I go inactive in the future, another player can feel free to possess Ebony.))
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: June 10, 2016, 02:33:17 am »

Fiddler whistles a jaunty tune as he tries to organize the corpses into piles (well, the ones still recognizable as corpses anyway) by type and affiliation. And also to loot any valuables they may possess while doing so.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 02:52:11 am by Harry Baldman »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: June 10, 2016, 03:44:24 am »

((So how did we fuck up. Sorry for inactivity.))
((We were given an unressonable task and failed it predictably. We were told of giants planning on walking through the middle of EVERYTHING as guests. At the same time, a group of humans bearing iron showed up in the middle of the area and behaved disruptively. having not been warned of how close the giants were, the immediate problem was prioritized. Then the giants arrived, and guests paniced and didnt get out of the way. so some were stepped on.))
"Fiddler, what happened? Why werent the tournaments moved clear of the giants?"
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 03:59:04 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: June 10, 2016, 04:58:39 am »

"Fiddler, what happened? Why werent the tournaments moved clear of the giants?"

"It's a pretty funny story, really," Fiddler says, handling the remains of a halfling. "The party got crashed by a buncha human randos who wanted a little fun, see, and then handling them took a bit of time and effort and whoops, there came the giants. Oh well. Nothing of value was lost, I suppose."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: June 10, 2016, 05:44:27 am »

"Nothing of value. really? You are, right now, moving corpses created by this mistake. And you say nothing of value was lost?"
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: June 10, 2016, 09:01:33 am »

Noir looks downtrodden  as she actually looks at the corpse's.
"Their...really dead dead?"

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: June 10, 2016, 10:36:36 am »

((To be fair, we did get plenty of warning about the frost giants.  Oz mentioned them on the 29th, and nobody did anything about them.  Sending the Eye to contact them, and having Noir talk them into changing course, would have been easy and simple, without really hindering us in any other area.  But, hey, hindsight is 20/20--Dar'yajira certainly didn't do anything to help with any of this.))

The Jousting tourney is going well, and your contact is pleased with how you've managed most things, but encourages a perimeter sweep, as a pack of Lizard Raptors has bee nspotted nearby, and they are definitely not invited, due to their tendency to eat the other guests. Additionally, the Eye spots two different situations developing. First is a group of Frost Giants (I did say to expect them, didn't I?). they are heading from the direction you guys came from, with the apparent intent of crossing through he grounds to the opposite side, where, your contact informs you, a region has been set aside for them. Their path will take them straight through your impromptu sports venue, and Frost Giants are not known for deviating from a course out of courtesy or compassion. The second situation involves two groups of massive mobile plantlife, both converging slowly on the central point of the festivities - one from the hills, and the other from the swamp regions. Dar spots another situation - rodentpeople are doing possibly unsavory things within the crowd at the tourney. Dar is sure thatwhat they are doing is unsavory. They are, after all, vermin.

Dar'yajira sniffs at the nostrils of one corpse, and then responds to Noir.  "Fey fresh-kill now, yes."

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: June 10, 2016, 10:38:55 am »

"Can I fix them with holy magic?"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: June 10, 2016, 10:43:04 am »

"Nothing of value. really? You are, right now, moving corpses created by this mistake. And you say nothing of value was lost?"

"Oh, well, nothing of value aside from the lives of defenseless innocents, I mean. Because those are a very terrible thing to lose, of course," Fiddler corrects himself pointedly.

Noir looks downtrodden  as she actually looks at the corpse's.
"Their...really dead dead?"

"Possibly no! So I'd advise against burning them just in case a couple do get up later. I've heard of halflings having this defense mechanism where they curl up motionlessly and emit a powerful stench to ward off orcs. Or was that gnomes?"

"Point is, you might want to wait until the birds start going for the eyes. Usually if that starts happening and they don't protest, they're probably dead."

((To be fair, we did get plenty of warning about the frost giants.  Oz mentioned them on the 29th, and nobody did anything about them.  Sending the Eye to contact them, and having Noir talk them into changing course, would have been easy and simple, without really hindering us in any other area.  But, hey, hindsight is 20/20--Dar'yajira certainly didn't do anything to help with any of this.))

((Yeah, I just completely forgot about them, which made it that much funnier when they showed up.))

"Can I fix them with holy magic?"

"Oh, sure. Here, try this one. He's missing his skull, so I assume he's probably not just fooling."

Produce a particularly stomped fellow for Noir to try some mojo on in the middle of this.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: June 10, 2016, 10:44:26 am »

"This one... is unsure?  Master said killed were beyond its magic, but Cat does not know Halfdragon's magic.  It is unlike magic of Master and Shifter."

Find one of the more-normal smelling and definitely dead corpses, and nom on it.  Cat has no respect for the dead, and cat is hungry.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: June 10, 2016, 10:47:14 am »

Attempt to bring said person back to life with holy magic.
"Well it's  weird for me too since I kinda have magic that's  polar opposite of my holy magic so my body is very magically conflicting.  I think it's hard for me to use em both for example I don't know the limits of my powers at all."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: June 10, 2016, 11:04:12 am »

((Sy, you mixed up in-world time and RL time. Look at Fiddler's (The one I deligated the Frost Giant problem too) actions from then to now. he's mostly had talking actions since then, and its neen barely an hour ingame from when we were given notice. The Eye was disabled by a 1. Noir needs babysitting. and Dar isn't doplomatic. Though Noir and Dar might be able to work together... whatever. Anyway, IRL, I don't blame any of us for this. Ingame, Aylia is probably going to blame Fiddler.))
((Action/speech to follow / be edited in))

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: June 10, 2016, 11:42:21 am »

((I shouldn't argue this... but I cannot resist...

Firstly, I think more time has passed than that, but it should be irrelevant--we've had plenty of actions.  Even after the Eye was disabled, Aylia could have flown to the giants as a bird, and dealt with them.  Noir and Dar could have scouted the raptors easily enough, and if it came to blows, Dar'yajira is our only primary-combat character (except Ebony?) and Noir's the best healer in the game--Aylia wouldn't be necessary.  Noir could've been diplomatic too if the raptors were intelligent, so all our bases would've been covered.

Like I said, I certainly didn't do anything to help.  Dar's actions were basically just "play with Noir", and "Follow Aylia".  But, I do think failure was our fault and not Ozark's.  Primarily, I think the lesson to learn is that this mission requires us to split up and deal with problems that suit our characters, unlike the Merc mission, where splitting up gets people killed.  Funny how both teams used the opposite strategy that their mission seems to require.))
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 67