Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 67

Author Topic: Omega legion: The Satyr's Entourage  (Read 69647 times)

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
Re: Omega legion: The Satyr's Entourage
« Reply #690 on: June 06, 2016, 08:40:26 am »

"Nnggh?!"
Go over to Aylia or someone who  is not directly in the frost giants  path
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: June 06, 2016, 09:36:51 am »

I get out of the way and head over to the river to observe the merfolk and relax whilst beginning to acquire them as a new form.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: June 06, 2016, 02:36:42 pm »

"Cat... does not believe it can solve this problem.  Perhaps it can--Shifter?" the feline turns to see Aylia leaving.  "Oh"

Cast and maintain a dex buff.  If staying safely ahead of the giants wouldn't be a problem, get ahead of them and warn anything which somehow isn't aware of the lumbering behemoths (but don't run into a crowd or something).

If staying ahead of them wouldn't be trivial, follow along behind or beside the giants, keeping track of them.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: June 07, 2016, 05:01:32 pm »

"Oh, right."

Instruct the tourney people to get the fuck out of the way already. DO NOT IRRITATE THE FROST GIANTS, FOR YOU ARE TINY AND MAKE A FUNNY NOISE WHEN POPPED.

Should that fail, however, make sure that at least I've gotten the fuck out of the way myself.

You excuse yourself politely, and then run out to the fey and begin attempting to herd maniacs. They react more like Omegas than you are entirely comfortable with. That is, there is a lot of motion, and very little direction. If anything, the little clearing is more crowded now, and there you are , right in the middle. Well, off to a side a bit, but not exactly in the safety zone. Added to this, rocks are definitely being thrown at the humans. One of them raises a bow. You don't know for sure that the arrow is iron tipped, but it's a reasonable guess.

Thump. Thump. Thump.

And the screaming starts.

>Do that.
I have no idea what 'that' is.

"Nnggh?!"
Go over to Aylia or someone who  is not directly in the frost giants  path
You shoulder your way of to the side of the area as trees bend And very large feet make very meaty sounds. there is a lot of screaming and even some crying. People are pushing each other into the path of the Giants in their haste to get a way. those little gangs you guys broke up yesterday are bickering again. It's madness.

I get out of the way and head over to the river to observe the merfolk and relax whilst beginning to acquire them as a new form.
You find yourself on the opposite side of the clearing from the mermaid area of the river. The ground is mush, people are running in every direction, and branches are falling nearby. You catch glimpses of large movement, unsurprisingly, from teh direction of the sound stomping sounds.

"Cat... does not believe it can solve this problem.  Perhaps it can--Shifter?" the feline turns to see Aylia leaving.  "Oh"

Cast and maintain a dex buff.  If staying safely ahead of the giants wouldn't be a problem, get ahead of them and warn anything which somehow isn't aware of the lumbering behemoths (but don't run into a crowd or something).

If staying ahead of them wouldn't be trivial, follow along behind or beside the giants, keeping track of them.
Staying ahead wouldn't be trivial. Casting a dex buff, you dash to the side, swing around, and claw your way up a comically oversized shoe and onto a pant leg. Whatever this leather came from was pretty big. Whale maybe? Anyway, you found the giants. tracking them will be ... will be... let's just say you aren't going to need a roll for this one.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: June 07, 2016, 06:08:26 pm »

((Dar'yajira isn't supposed to be this clever, but oh well.))

Get off the giant, and try to find Noir.  Try to lead her away from the giants, but don't leave her if she's stubborn.

Through commstone, to Eye, Aylia, and Fiddler (nobody else has one, right?): "Eye!  Fly to top of big twoleg!  Can Blue use voice to make big twolegs stop?!"

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: June 07, 2016, 06:10:22 pm »

>Keep moving!

>"Acknowledged!"
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: June 07, 2016, 08:03:53 pm »

Noir will joyfully follow dar out of there firing orbs of holy healing at the injured while shes following.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: June 08, 2016, 12:48:59 am »

I stay where I am out of the giant's path and ask people to stay here and stay calm. If I am interpreting the layout wrong and am in the giants path after all then my action would be to move to the side to get clear and then gather people around me and ask them to stay there and stay calm while the giants pass
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: June 08, 2016, 10:21:48 am »

"This is a public service announcement," Fiddler declares. "If you want to not die, consider heading that way or that way," he points at the two 90-degree directions from the giants' path. "Thank you!"

Be out of the way as I deliver my public service announcement. Retreat further away after it's made and watch what happens.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: June 08, 2016, 06:17:04 pm »

((Dar'yajira isn't supposed to be this clever, but oh well.))

Get off the giant, and try to find Noir.  Try to lead her away from the giants, but don't leave her if she's stubborn.

Through commstone, to Eye, Aylia, and Fiddler (nobody else has one, right?): "Eye!  Fly to top of big twoleg!  Can Blue use voice to make big twolegs stop?!"
((It's okay to fail a mission due to good roleplay, you know ;P  also, yes, there were three commstones and yo uAylia and Fiddler each have one.))
You leap easily from the giant to a nearby tree and from there to the ground, abandoning your mighty steed for some reason. Oh yeah, newfriends. newfriends are nice. So you go hunt for Noir in a sea of chaos. Wounded, stunned, and confused creatures are everywhere. Where is Noir? She should be easy enough to spot, even in this crowd. Ah, there she is, firing wildly into the crowd with little glowy things, and laughing like a supervillain.

>Keep moving!

>"Acknowledged!"

Alright, you arrive at the very messy scene. Whatcha gonna do?

Noir will joyfully follow dar out of there firing orbs of holy healing at the injured while shes following.
You catch a glimpse of Dar, leaping off a giant into the other side of the clearing from you. Wisely, you decide not to cross the Giants' path to get to him, but concentrate on firing healing around. You toss little glowing orbs at various wounded critters, and they begin to look and act healthier immediately. Recognizing you as the source of their healing, several of them begin dragging, pulling, and carrying other wounded to surround you, calling out for more healing.

I stay where I am out of the giant's path and ask people to stay here and stay calm. If I am interpreting the layout wrong and am in the giants path after all then my action would be to move to the side to get clear and then gather people around me and ask them to stay there and stay calm while the giants pass
You wave a few over and begin talking calmly to them. You see the panic fade from some eyes, and before long, you have a group of a couple dozen settled in the outskirts of the area. Looks like they are calling out to others and waving them over as well. Safe zone established.

"This is a public service announcement," Fiddler declares. "If you want to not die, consider heading that way or that way," he points at the two 90-degree directions from the giants' path. "Thank you!"

Be out of the way as I deliver my public service announcement. Retreat further away after it's made and watch what happens.
Your shouts go relatively unnoticed. Fortunately, you also go relatively unstepped on. Even more fortunately, the humans decide that discretion is the better part of not getting stepped on and move quickly off to the side in a group. Except the leader and the woman, who were still near you. "Ah. Aha. W-well. i think that's enough excitement for today. look us up later for that lizard hunt." He says, beore he and she move off toward their team.

The giants take several more steps, scattering a few more stragglers, churning up the little arena into a lumpy, squishy mess, and just like that, they are through the area and moving on.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: June 09, 2016, 02:04:40 pm »

>Forward, along the giants' path, warning others to get out of the way at about T-5 minutes for the giants' arrival, unless Aylia has other orders.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: June 09, 2016, 02:20:59 pm »

Noir sets up a small area to set injured down ((clearing grass making  it more comfortable)) and begins using her holy magic to heal the wounded.
"Okay everyone I'll try my best to help here"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: June 09, 2016, 02:24:02 pm »

"Well, that went perfectly all right."

How many dead? Several dozen at least, I should hope.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: June 09, 2016, 02:56:57 pm »

Dar'yajira goes to find Aylia after the danger has passed.  Once he does, he asks: "Shifter, these ones shouldn't let big twolegs wander further, yes?  Big twolegs could make more injuries."

Uhh.  Guess Dar's 'guarding' Aylia, if anything.  Just talking really.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: June 09, 2016, 07:11:13 pm »

>Forward, along the giants' path, warning others to get out of the way at about T-5 minutes for the giants' arrival, unless Aylia has other orders.
You fly ahead of the giants and announce their presence and direction. Tehy've already gone through teh most crowded spot, but you manage to clear a few more from their path as they go. They arrive at their designated campsite in short order and settle in, sitting with loud, splashing thumps, spraying you and everything around them with swamp mud and algae tinged with ice. Lovely. It doesn't harm you, but it does obstruct your view.

Noir sets up a small area to set injured down ((clearing grass making  it more comfortable)) and begins using her holy magic to heal the wounded.
"Okay everyone I'll try my best to help here"
Okay. This will take a while. You settle into your role as Nurse Doctor for the evening.

"Well, that went perfectly all right."

How many dead? Several dozen at least, I should hope.
A GM's dream: Rolling for collateral damages. Yes, there are a surprising number of dead bodies around, considering the peaceful nature of the event. This has suddenly become the bloodiest mission since you guys joined Omega.

Dar'yajira goes to find Aylia after the danger has passed.  Once he does, he asks: "Shifter, these ones shouldn't let big twolegs wander further, yes?  Big twolegs could make more injuries."

Uhh.  Guess Dar's 'guarding' Aylia, if anything.  Just talking really.
Okay. Between Noir and Aylia, order is being returned to the area. You pick your way across a dismal scene with dozens dead on site and help Aylia keep order.

at some point in the day, as creatures are being healed, bodies are being removed and mourned, and you guys work to make things better, the liaison arrives, looking mournfully about, and approaches the group around Aylia. "A truly sad turn of events," he states, and says no more as he watches fro ma quiet place nearby.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 67