Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 67

Author Topic: Omega legion: The Satyr's Entourage  (Read 69413 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Omega legion: The Satyr's Entourage
« Reply #195 on: April 12, 2016, 11:23:02 pm »

Dar'yajira greets Aylia when she comes into view.  "Shifter, big lizard is not a threat.  Gray cow was merely an opportunity, not important prey."

Dar'yajira continues to speak to the lizard:

"Oh, does it require assistance?  These ones were told by Dartlimb to assist a creature.  Cat thinks lizard would be the creature, rather than stupid lumbering grass eater."

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 13, 2016, 08:10:30 am »

Dar'yajira greets Aylia when she comes into view.  "Shifter, big lizard is not a threat.  Gray cow was merely an opportunity, not important prey."

Dar'yajira continues to speak to the lizard:

"Oh, does it require assistance?  These ones were told by Dartlimb to assist a creature.  Cat thinks lizard would be the creature, rather than stupid lumbering grass eater."
"There are many creatures in this world. What would make you think I, or the other, were the one you were sent to aid?"

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: April 13, 2016, 09:16:04 am »

"Eye, how far exactly between here and where we were given directions?"
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 13, 2016, 09:26:29 am »

"There are many creatures in this world. What would make you think I, or the other, were the one you were sent to aid?"

"Laziness, simple laziness. It is by laziness that importance is correlated with size and ease of helping with need for aid. Don't suppose you're sitting on anyone presently, are you?"

If not, look around for signs of anyone else either needing help or being clearly beyond my help.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: April 13, 2016, 01:34:59 pm »

Dar'yajira gives Fiddler a reproachful glare before responding to the lizard. "Simple.  Lizard is intelligent predator.  Grass eater is stupid prey.  Helping lizard disrupts natural order less, and is better thing to do anyway."

Entirely miss the point of what the lizard said.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: April 15, 2016, 07:05:54 am »

"Eye, how far exactly between here and where we were given directions?"
Six hundred twenty one paces, according to your own footstep.

"Laziness, simple laziness. It is by laziness that importance is correlated with size and ease of helping with need for aid. Don't suppose you're sitting on anyone presently, are you?"

If not, look around for signs of anyone else either needing help or being clearly beyond my help.
"Laziness is a fine art and a noble aspiration. I am surprised you warm blooded ones understand the concept. You seem to have far too much energy for laziness.  Ido not believe there is anyone underneath me at the moment. Just rocks and mud. Ah, where are my manners? Would you care to enjoy the water? I can make room." the lizard opens it's mouth and tilts it's head at you.

Dar'yajira gives Fiddler a reproachful glare before responding to the lizard. "Simple.  Lizard is intelligent predator.  Grass eater is stupid prey.  Helping lizard disrupts natural order less, and is better thing to do anyway."

Entirely miss the point of what the lizard said.
"Well spoken. Well spoken indeed. Perhaps, then you could help me after all. I cannot quite reach my back, you see, and wonder if there might be some dry scales up there which need peeled away."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: April 15, 2016, 07:20:14 am »

"Would that I could lounge in a pool all day, but I do have theoretical things to attend to and these clothes don't really play well with water, to say nothing of the disasters that could ensue if I went and got naked."

"Although on that note, have you seen anyone of note around here? I get the impression that some form of hootenanny is in the works here, but there don't seem to be a lot of guests."

Continue making conversation until our superior officer leaves, at which point proceed to follow her.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 09:03:24 am by Harry Baldman »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: April 15, 2016, 08:56:21 am »

"Wrong clearing everyone, we need to keep going, we haven't reached where we need to be yet."
Circling well around the lizard trying to bait my teammates into eating range, I cross the water and resume moving in the direction our guide had indicated.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: April 15, 2016, 02:15:30 pm »

"This one apologizes, but the Shifter says we must proceed further.  Cat also apologizes for scaring your prey away, but you might be able to follow it.  Grazing beast seemed wounded, and is likely now easy kill."

Say goodbyes to the lizard, then follow Aylia closely.

As Dar'yajira walks along beside Aylia, he says "Lizard was nice.  Much better than twolegs.  Dar'yajira hopes more missions are in forest, rather than city.  Forest is much more hospitable."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: April 15, 2016, 02:19:36 pm »

"You do realize that that last request of it's was an attempt to get you to get close so it could eat you, right?"

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: April 16, 2016, 03:14:00 pm »

Dar'yajira looks at Aylia, and tilts his head to the side.  He speaks with a slightly confused tone. "No...?  Lizard asked Dar'yajira to get on its back.  Lizard cannot bite Cat if Cat is on Lizard's back.  Also, Dar'yajira could easily kill Lizard by biting its neck.  Why would Shifter think Lizard meant to hurt Cat?"

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: April 18, 2016, 08:01:26 am »

"Would that I could lounge in a pool all day, but I do have theoretical things to attend to and these clothes don't really play well with water, to say nothing of the disasters that could ensue if I went and got naked."

"Although on that note, have you seen anyone of note around here? I get the impression that some form of hootenanny is in the works here, but there don't seem to be a lot of guests."

Continue making conversation until our superior officer leaves, at which point proceed to follow her.
"Clothes? Oh right, you lot put things on yourself in place of fur and scales and feathers. Oh, sure, there are some powerful beings gathering for some excitement or another. Down in the Fens by where the rivers meet. You are going the wrong way. No wonder you haven't seen them. though, some of them will be unseen anyway."

"This one apologizes, but the Shifter says we must proceed further.  Cat also apologizes for scaring your prey away, but you might be able to follow it.  Grazing beast seemed wounded, and is likely now easy kill."

Say goodbyes to the lizard, then follow Aylia closely.

As Dar'yajira walks along beside Aylia, he says "Lizard was nice.  Much better than twolegs.  Dar'yajira hopes more missions are in forest, rather than city.  Forest is much more hospitable."

"Wrong clearing everyone, we need to keep going, we haven't reached where we need to be yet."
Circling well around the lizard trying to bait my teammates into eating range, I cross the water and resume moving in the direction our guide had indicated.
""Farewell to you each. I will certainly consider whether I wish to chase after the big thing or not."

You all move along into the woods, decidedly not getting trampled much by raging rhinos or eaten much by not very hungry talking lizards. The Eye floats above, carefully counting each of your footsteps. At exactly the number of paces listed in Ebony's notebook, each of you steps out into a clearing, sloping northward, and quite broad. This is the kind of meadow where a whole village or even a group of villages might gather for a three day festival or to listen to some itinerant priest and seek the blessings of the gods. It's got tall grass, gentle winds, lots of sun, and butterflies. there are birds in the trees, crickets in the bushes, and frogs somewhere nearby. It's all very noisy.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: April 18, 2016, 08:02:28 am »

Scan scan scanny scan.  According to plan.   Etc.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 08:23:25 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: April 18, 2016, 04:27:02 pm »

"Same plan"
Circling left around the clearing

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: April 18, 2016, 05:01:11 pm »

"Ah yes, the plan."

The plan! That was, I believe, for me to go in while the others faff about looking sagacious. Sounds practicable.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 67