Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 37

Author Topic: Omega legion: Bluff Harder!  (Read 50493 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: Omega legion: Merc Madness
« Reply #465 on: June 07, 2016, 05:20:05 pm »

Twelve beings - thirteen. And they are heading straight from Omega Base toward your normal meeting place.
((I'm sorry? Are these omegas coming, or mercs? Also, what is our normal meeting place again?))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: June 07, 2016, 05:25:56 pm »

Twelve beings - thirteen. And they are heading straight from Omega Base toward your normal meeting place.
((I'm sorry? Are these omegas coming, or mercs? Also, what is our normal meeting place again?))
oops. i'll edit it. it's straight from the merc base toward that place on the hillside you guys appeared in and have rendezvoused in a couple times.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: June 07, 2016, 05:30:22 pm »

oops. i'll edit it. it's straight from the merc base toward that place on the hillside you guys appeared in and have rendezvoused in a couple times.
((Oh yeah, a dozen mercs heading straight for us. Yeah, that's going to go just fine. oh boy))

"Statement: Welcome back to the world of the living, organics. I have carefuly calculated the most probable future. It seems that a contingent of 12 to 13 mercs are heading straight for our usual rendezvous spot. Try not to panic."
« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 05:35:54 pm by Pancaek »

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: June 07, 2016, 05:49:40 pm »

Head south, avoiding where I found the Goblins at, stick off paths. Try to wind along past the town I was spoken off before going south towards it.
Say the following as I go
If I see anyone pounce them and bite their throats

If you're going to follow me, at least have the decensy to talk. I was going to be honest and let you guys talk with my friends and try and negotiate with them
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: June 07, 2016, 06:51:57 pm »

"Interesting.  They shouldn't know where we are--If they had farseers, they would have used them instead of sending out parties.  Perhaps... among the possessions looted from the party you destroyed, were there any items which might share their location?  It's reasonable to assume the raiding parties would have some magical items of that sort.  If not... perhaps that golem isn't as useful as I assumed it would be.  They might have tracked it."

Mordred pauses to scratch his chin introspectively.

"In any case, tell the goblins to move their camp to the best of their ability.  We're not going to do well when outnumbered and expected, and I would rather fail the mission than throw my life away for useless greenskins, so confronting the warband isn't an option.  Instead, we kill the golem, and head to their camp--the bulk of their fighting force is coming here, so those at home will be unprepared and underpowered.  And not eager to give chase, making a hit-and-run attack easier."

He turns to watch Arileth go, and mutters "Oh, of course he's leaving.  Well, no large loss." ((syvarris reading comprehension: 0))

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: June 07, 2016, 06:53:12 pm »

((I'm not with you guys))
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: June 08, 2016, 04:18:18 am »

"Statement: If they were tracking the golem, why would they be coming to the rendesvouz point, and not right here? Even if they were tracking the golem, would it not be better to send it in a direction away from the goblins instead of killing it?

Statement: I believe we went over this once before with the goblins. They cannot abondon their camp for some reason or another, something to do with their herd beasts. To do so would also mean death for them."

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: June 08, 2016, 06:23:15 pm »

Head south, avoiding where I found the Goblins at, stick off paths. Try to wind along past the town I was spoken off before going south towards it.
Say the following as I go
If I see anyone pounce them and bite their throats

If you're going to follow me, at least have the decensy to talk. I was going to be honest and let you guys talk with my friends and try and negotiate with them
You make your turn, and make your announcement. the latter kinda defeats the purpose of the former, doesn't it? Ah wel. several step out of hiding nearby and you leap at the nearest, getting hold of his cloak before being brought down by the group. You are pinned and find yourself staring at a pair of sturdy brown boots. "Well, well, well. useless after all. Tie him up. he might not be much as a hostage, but perhaps we can use him as a horrible example."

You are bound and gagged, and the group sets out again, more slowly this time, dragging you along.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: June 08, 2016, 06:38:49 pm »

try and use my fangs to chew through the gags. Wrigle and thrash about, try to get stuck on something and be a general pain
« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 05:17:19 am by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: June 08, 2016, 06:40:52 pm »

((syvarris reading comprehension: 0))

"Eh?  Didn't you say they were heading here, to this camp?  ...I probably should have slept longer.  My point stands, though; we should make a small hit-and-run attack on their main camp.  It is not well defended, especially with so many mercs exploring, and they won't be expecting an attack."

Formal action post saying we should head to the merc camp.  Knife/Mordred won't go alone, though.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: June 08, 2016, 06:47:42 pm »

"statement:to what purpose? If we attack their camp now, it will be mostly empty, probably. Which doesn't solve the problem of the coming warband, which might find this village and slaughter our mission objective."

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: June 08, 2016, 10:56:07 pm »

"WE COULD BURN THEIR CAMP, TO SEND A MESSAGE. I HAVE LITTLE EXPERIENCE HANDLING FIRE MYSELF, BUT I UNDERSTAND THAT IT CAN BE QUITE DESTRUCTIVE.

OH, AND WHILE I AM NOT CONVINCED THAT WE NEED TO KILL IT, I DO THINK THAT OUR... "GOLEM" MUST BE CONTAINED FOR THE TIME BEING."

Make sure that vineguy hasn't run off on us. That would be bad. I'm cautiously supporting attacking the (hopefully vacant) merc camp, unless anyone has a better idea.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: June 09, 2016, 01:23:31 am »

"statement: what message would that be? 'haha, we burned your stuff while you slaughtered the goblins, suckers'? If that warband makes it here, our mission is a bust"

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: June 09, 2016, 11:47:59 am »

"But didn't you just say... argh."  Mordred pinches the bridge of his nose and takes a deep breath "There are more than thirteen mercs--we'd be killing their support staff, and the weaker, easier targets.  Even if the camp were abandoned, destroying it has value; we'd ruin their food.  Their comforts.  Their trust in their leaders.  Even if there were nobody to kill--and there are more at the camp, I'm sure--we could strike a powerful blow against their morale."

Mordred tips his head to the side, and gives an overconfident grin "Besides, there isn't much risk to the goblins.  Even if there were, when did you become such a selfless hero?  I wouldn't take you for the sort to sacrifice itself for lesser creatures.  Regardless of how you feel, we should definitely get going somewhere, even if it is to attack the warband at its strongest.  Sitting here whining is doing nobody any good, except the mercs."

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: June 09, 2016, 12:12:59 pm »

"Annoyed statement: Screw heroics, this one doesn't even like these creatures all that much. This one is just saying, if we go and attack their camp, those thirteen might stumble upon this village and destroy our only mission objective. Whatever good destroying their base camp will do will have zero effect if the goblins die and the mission will fail. There is also that imbicile who left for their camp. Who knows what he's told them, the fool.

Annoyed statement: But fine, let us go and demolish their base camp. If they find this place and commit a tiny genocide, this one will not be held accountable."

Another vote for heading to the merc camp.
Tell Vinebeast to go hide somewhere away from the village. Remember where so I can pick him up later.
Tell the goblin elders to hide their village and perhaps even relocate their people (though they probably won't do that.)
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 37