Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Now then. It seems that my co-mod's vanished from the forums. Options?

Just run the game without a co-mod. You can handle it, yeh? Pros: !!insanity, fun!!, Cons: Game might not go so well, roles might be unbalanced.
- 8 (53.3%)
Seek out a new co-mod. You might need it. Pros: sanity, good design, general boost, Cons: less !!insanity!!.
- 3 (20%)
I have no opinion on the matter.
- 4 (26.7%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 33

Author Topic: Fallacy's BYOR(5/9): GAME OVER.  (Read 59204 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR(9/9): Day 2: Nobody dead?
« Reply #420 on: June 23, 2016, 10:38:06 pm »

As Tiruin is acting like an idiot right now, I'll just roleclaim, so you can decide what to do with her.

OK, what made you think like that? :v It was a pressure vote since it would be very redundant for MAFIA to have an auto that is Mafia.

Rude much. >_>

Can y'all not vote willy nilly next time, and just use FoS? I mean, that was 3 votes on NQT that could have easily been an FoS instead, because Jack didn't even show his proof until afterwards. It's that fucking simple.
Yeah, because the hammer (by which I assume 3/4 total votes) can land on you because ONE PERSON voted :v
During the day, the day may end because of a hammer(getting the majority of the game's available votes on a player will lynch that player, ending the day), or because of the deadline.
"Why do you not die?"

Votecount Initiating:

Votecount:
Deus Asmoth(0): []
griffinpup(0): []
Jack A T(0): []
BlackHeartKabal(0): []
Wozzy(0): []
4maskwolf(0): []
Tiruin(0): []

Day will end 6:30 P.M. central/forum time Monday.
With ONE MAFIA MEMBER left.
That's enough to call someone stupid and then commit your next posts to reaction fire. That's the kind of attitude that won't help you. It's better to work with what's being done--NQT's example is on a whole 'nother plane of existential difference in contrast.

Unboat

That said, I sincerely did think TBF in a neutral way because the tells that others voted him for were not within my priority list of scumtells. Different notes for different folks :D

As for my fullclaim:
I have one (1x) more of a 24 hour day extension (Dayshot)
I have one (1x) of an after-death-post. Meaning I can post once post-death limited solely to in-game information (meaning act as if I'm alive for one more post and not dead--I can't deadchat post until then). (Dayshot)

I'll claim the rest later on.

Suspect list: 4mask, griffin, DA.
Will be checking back for pattern behavior and assessing TBF's behavior.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR(7/9): Day 4: You make Null weep.
« Reply #421 on: June 23, 2016, 10:53:37 pm »

#calledit

I have two parts to my role that I can share at this time.

The first, which I used on Jack A T, was a one-shot ability that caused all other actions targeting my target to be randomized.  This was already claimed in the past.

My second power is a two-shot protect.  I have used neither of them.

Also, I was roleblocked last night, although I took no action.

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: June 23, 2016, 11:35:26 pm »

Real post eventually.  Just a few quick thoughts.
1)Jack and BHK get a temporary clean bill of health.  Jack would of been really ballsy or really idiotic to burn his magic Queen powers on not his scum partner.  BHK and TBF being scum both seem unlikely, and I think I was misreading BHK's personality/playstyle, not real scumtells.
2)That leaves DA, Woozy, 4mask,and Turuin.
3) I too support a full roleclaim today, but my full roleclaim isn't very helpful :p
4) Who roleblocked 4maskwolf last night?

BHK: Can I get a bit more info on your softclaim? As in, what do those cards actually do?

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: June 23, 2016, 11:40:10 pm »

Turuin:
What's your reasoning for leaving Jack and Wozzy off of the suspect list?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: June 23, 2016, 11:45:55 pm »

Wozzy opened a quick topic with me offering to skip N4 so you don't die, and I assumed he had the ability to. Seriously consider whether Wozzy dying is beneficial.

And as to the response, I was telling Griffinpup what I drew for them.
I respectfully request you withhold that skip for other uses--let me die tonight; I fear not the destiny picked out for me.
This also helps eliminate possible suspects.

Alright, disclosing flavor of the redirects; I was redirected to NQT on N1 (Aimed @Jack), flavor was a white flash.
Roleblock was a short-term-memory loss (ie Anything that causes blunt impact trauma to the head).
Or at least that's what I infer, given N2's results. (And subsequently NQT's information)

N2 had me with the same similarity of STM (this time with me smelling like alcohol) and presumable trauma sources on my body (ie Bruises), however my action was REDIRECTED to 4mask and it wasn't roleblocked. So someone kept redirecting me :v

I won't disclose my action in N3 (because its only one action I can do albeit in 2 different iterations--this at least explains TBF's curiosity about what I could do, especially considering that last sentence in another perspective entirely). But I wasn't affected by anything OTHER THAN what I can presume BHK's tarots working.

Real post eventually.  Just a few quick thoughts.
1)Jack and BHK get a temporary clean bill of health.  Jack would of been really ballsy or really idiotic to burn his magic Queen powers on not his scum partner.  BHK and TBF being scum both seem unlikely, and I think I was misreading BHK's personality/playstyle, not real scumtells.
2)That leaves DA, Woozy, 4mask,and Turuin.
Honestly, my nature in scumteams equal a bit more humor and punnery. :P
Also do you autocorrect spelling my name into Turuin because that's how you keep spelling it since forever, THIS GAME ONLY. :I

Turuin:
What's your reasoning for leaving Jack and Wozzy off of the suspect list?
Because I love Jack (and he is my law ♥) and I saw Wozzy's full role last night thanks to BHK's card and can reasonably on behalf over a doubt that he's not scum given the circumstances of his role. :P

But seriously. Jack: I'm leaving him off because he's a very acute, analytical, and critical fellow; a scumteam with him and anyone else would bring a certain amount of tension and tone to the game which I don't feel is present in noticeable amounts here--he's actually the guy I really spent all my guardedness on because I believe he's really important, AFTER I discerned him to my feelings-of-being-towny.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: June 24, 2016, 12:16:02 am »

BHK: Can I get a bit more info on your softclaim? As in, what do those cards actually do?
The High Priestess: Learn a random player's entire role, sans alignment.
The Empress: Additional action the night it takes effect useable beyond death.
The Chariot: Target's night action will work as intended regardless of protection, role blocking, redirection, etc.
The Hermit: 1 shot lie detector that cannot be replenished with The Renewal.
The Wheel of Fortune: 1-shot night ability from list of: Track, Watch, Alignment Inspect, Block, Kill, cannot be replenished with The Renewal.
The Fates: Target will have their night action redirected randomly.
The Moon: Mafia cop result on a random person. Ignore this card if drawn.
The Sun: Truthful cop result on a random person.
The Renewal: Replenishs all limited shot actions.
The Fool: Target will be effected by any other card completely at random.
Death: Target will die, nothing will stop it, do not pass go, do not collect 200$.

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: June 24, 2016, 12:19:55 am »

Tiruin: I do it cuz I care  :P (I tend to type your name very quickly, and in my head it flows with a u, so that's what my keystroke always does.. It's not on purpose)
BHK: You gave me really awesome ones

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: June 24, 2016, 01:28:53 am »

Extend because I feel this is a crucial day. :v

I'll be using my 24 hour extend right before the day end today, if nothing much is reached--I also repeat that I'm ok with dying tonight so people can narrow down their suspect list. ^ ^

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: June 24, 2016, 05:07:10 pm »

I blocked 4mask last night. Also, the Sun (I think) triggered for me. Jack is town, surprising no one.

Tiruin, did you use that mass protect? Seems relevant for figuring out who could have had a kill stopped.

Jack, it was just a gut feeling. I don't recall there being a solid reason for picking him other than that.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: June 24, 2016, 09:05:06 pm »

PFP
Extend though

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: June 24, 2016, 11:26:54 pm »

I blocked 4mask last night. Also, the Sun (I think) triggered for me. Jack is town, surprising no one.

Tiruin, did you use that mass protect? Seems relevant for figuring out who could have had a kill stopped.

Jack, it was just a gut feeling. I don't recall there being a solid reason for picking him other than that.
Fullclaims please :P I'm not claiming that bit there because it's essentially the only thing I'm not claiming until everyone else has claimed. My previous posts already...answer that however.

PFP BECAUSE THESISFUNTIME!

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: June 24, 2016, 11:35:25 pm »

I'll add to the extend vote.

Because discussion is good, I'll fullclaim in hopes of sparking some amount of discussion.

I am Bay12Games.  My abilities are as follows.

Dwarf Fortress (one-shot): A single-target ability that surrounds the target with a "learning cliff", randomizing the target of all other actions targeting them.  This was my N2 action on Jack A T.

Liberal Crime Squad (one-shot): A single-target ability that kills the target and tells me who they were targeting.  This is the one I was on the fence mentally about claiming, because it could have been a useful ace in the hole.

World War Two Medic (two-shot): Basic single-target protection, nothing special here.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: June 25, 2016, 12:53:13 am »

Extend.

I'm in the middle of the really long examination of the game, which will take a while (particularly since I'm otherwise busy).

One thing to note about inspect results now: we have only one scum.  Inspection results not disputed by the inspected player are safe to consider real results: the inspector and inspected can't both be scum.

Anyway, unvote.  TBF held griffinpup's predecessor tied for most votes through the end of D1, and griffinpup's troubling actions can be explained reasonably well by frustration.  Still uneasy about him, but for him to be scum, TBF would have had to take a significant risk.  Losing half the scumteam D1 would have been pretty painful.  The D3 interactions between griffinpup and TBF (to be shown in my eventual megapost) come off more as TBF latching on to what seemed a good town case than as coordinated team action, too.

My claim:
*I am Canadian Criminal Code s. 49.
*Day action: Pass the Crown.  Makes someone the Queen of Canada, giving them an auto that says that.  Can only be done when no living player is Queen.
*Night action: unclaimed.
*Auto: Enforcement of the Law.  Can activate once per phase.  Stops a kill or hammer [on the Queen].  Kills are blocked, and hammers result in the hammerer losing their vote for the rest of the day.  Flavour: Canadian jail.  Cannot trigger in a LYLO phase.
The night action is a one-shot called Loophole Abuse.  Interpreting the law loosely allows me to block all players who take a kill action that night, throwing them into Canadian jail.  This is the last way to end up in Canadian jail.  I used it N2.

The 'make actions go wrong' theme in this game is strong.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: June 25, 2016, 08:04:36 am »

PFP

extend fo sho

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: June 25, 2016, 01:13:06 pm »

Null is nowhere to be found. Also, it's raining gumdrops.

Votecount Initiating:

Votecount:

Extend done.

Day will end 6:30 P.M. central/forum time Tuesday.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 33