Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Now then. It seems that my co-mod's vanished from the forums. Options?

Just run the game without a co-mod. You can handle it, yeh? Pros: !!insanity, fun!!, Cons: Game might not go so well, roles might be unbalanced.
- 8 (53.3%)
Seek out a new co-mod. You might need it. Pros: sanity, good design, general boost, Cons: less !!insanity!!.
- 3 (20%)
I have no opinion on the matter.
- 4 (26.7%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 33

Author Topic: Fallacy's BYOR(5/9): GAME OVER.  (Read 59236 times)

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR(8/9): Day 3: Nobody died. Again.
« Reply #330 on: June 14, 2016, 06:37:57 pm »

... Interesting. Do you know who it is?
I do. The reason why I'm not going to reveal who they are should be obvious.
Obviously. When was the quicktopic started?
Last night, after I got redirected three times.

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: June 14, 2016, 07:37:40 pm »

Turiun! You don't exist anymore

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: June 14, 2016, 07:38:23 pm »

Well, uh, if there's no death in Tiruin's future, I guess she's immortal.

Long live the queen?

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: June 14, 2016, 07:40:04 pm »

One more question... Why did you guys decide not to let Turiun die?

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: June 14, 2016, 07:56:20 pm »

I'm working under the assumption that a cop has already investigated Tiruin due to the attention she's attracted. If not, well, The Sun.

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: June 14, 2016, 09:30:16 pm »

I'm working under the assumption that a cop has already investigated Tiruin due to the attention she's attracted. If not, well, The Sun.
But didn't Turuin get hit with like all of the randomizers that day too? IDK maybe an action got through.  But Jack, if he is mafia, and telling the truth about how his ability works, clearly had an explicit incentive to cast it on Turuin.  If Turuin is clean, Jack might be too.  Turuin could be dirty and Jack could still be good of course.
I'm kinda feeling mass-claiming times.

(I am so sorry Turuin!!!! I'm spelling your name wrong over and over again)

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: June 15, 2016, 06:47:49 am »

PFP

Also, after some reviewing, I've decided TBF is going to be my vote.

BHK, what do you mean by "The Sun?"

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: June 15, 2016, 06:58:52 am »

BHK, what do you mean by "The Sun?"
PFP
A major arcana tarot card. The Sun.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: June 15, 2016, 11:53:21 am »

I'm pretty sure he meant 'what relevance does drawing the Sun (on a player that isn't Tiruin) have as a backup if Tiruin wasn't inspected?', not 'what's the flavour behind that ability?'
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: June 15, 2016, 11:55:45 am »

What does it do, in other words?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: June 15, 2016, 02:04:49 pm »

PFP

The Sun will give the person I drew it the exact alignment of a random player. Unless by some fluke Tiruin and Deus are partners (I do have some... feeling that Tiruin might actually be scum), if that 1/7 chance that Tiruin is picked comes up, then that problem is solved. Even then, it's not a bad card.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: June 15, 2016, 02:07:29 pm »

Wozzy:Why vote me?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: June 16, 2016, 12:48:55 pm »

PFP

Haven't had a chance to get to a computer, but when I do, I'll have a response. Thankfully, we still have 3 days.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: June 16, 2016, 06:07:59 pm »

I know this is going to sound kind of weird, but I would like to at least have everyone's say said and there are some people who haven't even weighed in here yet, so Extend.
Sigtext

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: June 16, 2016, 06:22:40 pm »

Fallacy: Mechanically (not by flavour), how do notifications of being blocked and notifications of other action failures differ?

"Yes! Now here's why: players can see how many shots they have left in their abilities, and Disaster Aversion is a one-shot ability. If Disaster Aversion triggers, notquitethere would be made aware of it automatically because it went from one shot to zero."
Alright.
Given that the only evidence that NQT was hit was a garbled and mechanically-incorrect statement in his second post-hammer post and that there is strong evidence (the 6 points and their lack of mention of being hit) that NQT was not told he was hit, it is safe to say that NQT's one-shot kill immunity was not activated.

That being said, whether or not NQT was hit doesn't mean much about his point against Deus.  NQT argued that Deus, in omitting the possibilities of scum being blocked or choosing not to kill and in dismissing a cult, was making assumptions about what happened to the kill that town would not have realistically made, indicating he knew what happened to the kill.
Cult isn't particularly consistent with either the flavour (game designed by a character who wants lots of kills) or the game description (simpleish, 7 town, 2 mafia, no thirds).  Choosing not to kill is a rare choice, to say the least.  What's left is one odd omission of a realistic possibility.  Not much, but worth asking about.

Deus Asmoth: Why didn't you bring up the possibility of scum having been blocked?

Wozzy: I'm still not quite seeing how you came to the idea that Tiruin was avoiding questions.  Can you please clarify?

So Woozy, I don't think that NQT was inherently right because he never got a notification his one-shot went off, and fallacy said that would of happened.
griffinpup: So, what does that say/what did you think that said about NQT's arguments about Deus?
Also, which components of BHK's explanation of his hammer do you most trust?  Which do you least trust?  Why?

Jack A T since he still has no explanation for why NQT actually wasn't scum.
Didn't nqt explain that quite aptly? He never had any 'jail' effect whatsoever. He was just pretending to in order to get more info.
That is absolutely something I would say if I were scum to get out of accidentally falling into a gambit. "I was only pretending."
BHK: ...Considering how NQT flipped and when he gave that explanation, do you not accept it as the truth?
Did you even read the post-hammer statements by NQT, at least after the "I was town" statement?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 33