Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 88

Author Topic: ORO: ANOTHER QUESTION  (Read 114916 times)

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
Re: ORO discussion
« Reply #840 on: October 09, 2016, 12:16:32 am »

I also vote for demons to happen…..I may be dead but my vote lives on.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: October 09, 2016, 01:10:45 am »

In the main game, isn't the intention that when your humanity drops to 0, you become an NPC demon and fun happens?
May as well try it out. Team red will probably suffer for it, unless there is some "and turns on those he once served" clause tucked in there as well.
Or it wanders off, completely uninterested in the proceedings, seeking to find it's place in The Flying Dutchman Oro's mass.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #842 on: October 09, 2016, 09:59:34 am »

Alright then, lets make a demon.

When a human goes demon, it's not a simple thing of him just becoming an NPC with all the same parts. Thats boring. They become powerful demons with their form and abilities related to whats left of the human when they go demon. So lets see whats left

Main body
1.Head (50 hp)
2.Chest- corrosive goo, core. (135 hp remaining)(-8 humanity)

Right arm
1.upper- vessel of souls (50 hp, 5 heart. Regens 10 humanity per body section absorbed) (-10 humanity)
2.lower (30 hp)
3.hand (15 hp)

There's a bit of arm left on the other side too but this is the main parts. So his core was sitting around in his chest and that chest is basically the major part of his body. Corrosive goo huh? Sounds like Vile-King territory, so we'll make this demon on of his and gift him with some magic. Infect seems like a good one. And his arm has that vessel of souls, so we're gonna give him an passive ability where he drains the humanity of creatures around him. D6 drain should be good.

Now lets look at his stats
Strength: 35
Dex: 48
Speed: 35
Int: 85
Heart: 55

Clearly his strength isn't strength, it's int. So we're gonna do this

Strength: 65
Dex: 65
Speed: 1
Int: 100
Heart: 0

And grant him writhe of flesh as well.

Now about his body...We're gonna make him what amounts to a gelatinous cube with lots of thin, tendril arms. Body is 4 parts, 100 HP each, 6 tendrils, 2 parts each, 30 HP each part.  His core is a big pulsating  brain held in the center of the cube. Dealing damage to him with melee body parts still deals 10 damage to the part, because he is corrosive.

So, Whisper's body swells huge, the gooey core inflating to be easily 5 feet on every side. A half dozen thin tendrils sprout out of the cube and each one of them glows a sickly green at their tip. Within the center of the cube, a pulsating purple brain glows faintly with a two pointed green crown of light floating just above it.

Now, demons have no side, they just want to kill. But you guys all still have sides and you only win if the other one dies and you survive.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: October 09, 2016, 12:53:23 pm »

Can they take cut this demon's arms and replace their own in midfight?
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: October 09, 2016, 01:45:49 pm »

replacing body parts requires an int roll, I believe.

PW, I have questions. Please review this post, including the spoiler.

When a human goes demon, it's not a simple thing of him just becoming an NPC with all the same parts. Thats boring. They become powerful demons with their form and abilities related to whats left of the human when they go demon. So lets see whats left

Main body
1.Head (50 hp)
2.Chest- corrosive goo, core. (13558 hp remaining)(-8 humanity)

Right arm
1.upper- vessel of souls (50 hp, 5 heart. Regens 10 humanity per body section absorbed) (-10 humanity)
2.lower (30 hp)
3.hand (15 hp)

I don't know if this matters but his head was destroyed, and his gooey center was down to 58 hp as a result of the last attack on him.
granting him the passive humanity drain, the gooey body, and infect all make sense, but why Writhe?

So the Demon, from a Character sheet standpoint, looks something like this?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Does he have infect on all his tendrils? Do the spells deduct from his int? How are the spells and passives powered, since he has no humanity to draw upon? (i.e. can he cast them as often as he wants?)

Finally, can we get an updated map? ren, Syv and I were at teh entrance to the conveyor room that team blue entered from, and whisper and gentle were nearer to where team red entered, if memory serves.

Action edited.

What body sections are the demon's tendrils attached to?  I think it should have eight limbs, two per body section.  Symmetry!
nah, his head is completely encased by the other three cube parts. Two per exposed part, or one per cube side
« Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 01:48:46 pm by Ozarck »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #846 on: October 09, 2016, 08:57:02 pm »

Sure, with the right rolls

replacing body parts requires an int roll, I believe.

PW, I have questions. Please review this post, including the spoiler.

Main body
1.Head (50 hp)
2.Chest- corrosive goo, core. (13558 hp remaining)(-8 humanity)

Right arm
2.lower (30 hp)
3.hand (15 hp)

I don't know if this matters but his head was destroyed, and his gooey center was down to 58 hp as a result of the last attack on him.
granting him the passive humanity drain, the gooey body, and infect all make sense, but why Writhe?

So the Demon, from a Character sheet standpoint, looks something like this?

Does he have infect on all his tendrils? Do the spells deduct from his int? How are the spells and passives powered, since he has no humanity to draw upon? (i.e. can he cast them as often as he wants?)

Finally, can we get an updated map? ren, Syv and I were at teh entrance to the conveyor room that team blue entered from, and whisper and gentle were nearer to where team red entered, if memory serves.

Action edited.

What body sections are the demon's tendrils attached to?  I think it should have eight limbs, two per body section.  Symmetry!
nah, his head is completely encased by the other three cube parts. Two per exposed part, or one per cube side
Nah, doesn't matter

In terms of demon part locations it would be more like

Brain
       Goo
            Tendril
            Tendril
       Goo
            Tendril
            Tendril
       Goo
            Tendril
       Goo
            Tendril

The goo surrounds the brain, the tendrils come from the goo. Can't strike the brain till you get through some goo. Brain is core, obviously. Thats the thing bout demons, they're powerful but they're not as robust as you are usually, They tend to have set cores that are easier to guess.

Infect doesn't say it has to be on the limb used, it just has to be on the body.  And as to how they work; it doesn't drain int and it uses them whenever they want. It will probably have a time limit between spells in the finished version.

I'll get you a map soon

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #847 on: October 10, 2016, 03:53:21 pm »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: October 10, 2016, 05:14:59 pm »

Team This Color

I'm going to move north east to the open area behind the two pillars in the room I am currently in and wait a turn. Is there and exit back in the room team red entered from?

Spoiler: Stats etc (click to show/hide)

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: October 10, 2016, 07:23:33 pm »

Spoiler: Updated-man! (click to show/hide)

Run away! Towards the conveyor belt. Spend 16 humanity to get going more faster. Head-butt someone blue along the way if possible (no bite this turn)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: October 10, 2016, 08:43:56 pm »

((I took the metal spike intending to grab people, and then use it for a called shot on the grappled person to one-hit them.  I would've also used it on Ren rather than grabbing, but by the time grabbing was no longer my strategy my humanity cap had gotten so low that trying to penetrate people with my spike would instantly turn me into a demon.))

Ren punchies.  Spend four humanity, might as well.

Nope, that's not a good idea with the demon here.  Chase down Ren--if I get into close range AND none of my allies follow, I'll use my metal spike to do a charged attack on him.  This will immediately turn me into a demon, hopfully screwing him over before Whisper screws my team over.  If, instead, there are allies nearby, I'll just punch Ren instead.

Spoiler: Red Rod (click to show/hide)

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: October 10, 2016, 10:20:04 pm »

Blue Team

Retreat! Get out of group curbstomp and dodge attacks. Go back the way I came in maybe?

Spoiler: Stats/Spells/Limbs (click to show/hide)
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #852 on: October 11, 2016, 10:00:57 am »

Gentle 60 +[68]
Oz 40+ [88]
Sy 38+[60]
DEMON: 1+[67] 
Ren:60+ [2]

Team This Color

I'm going to move north east to the open area behind the two pillars in the room I am currently in and wait a turn. Is there and exit back in the room team red entered from?

Spoiler: Stats etc (click to show/hide)
You jump the conveyor belt and hide behind the north most pillar in the room.

An exit back in the room the red team entered from? I'm not sure what you mean.

Spoiler: Updated-man! (click to show/hide)

Run away! Towards the conveyor belt. Spend 16 humanity to get going more faster. Head-butt someone blue along the way if possible (no bite this turn)
"Head towards the conveyor belt"

There are conveyor belts in both directions! There are conveyor belts everywhere! I'm gonna make the assumption that you mean to run in the direction the conveyor belt moves, so towards the room the blues originally came out of.  In which case, I'm gonna have you run over to where sy is right now and headbutt ren.

81+ [81] vs 72 + [38] for damage of 52 to his....Chest. 130-52=78 hp left.

And you want to try and keep running. 60+[23]

Nope.

((I took the metal spike intending to grab people, and then use it for a called shot on the grappled person to one-hit them.  I would've also used it on Ren rather than grabbing, but by the time grabbing was no longer my strategy my humanity cap had gotten so low that trying to penetrate people with my spike would instantly turn me into a demon.))

Ren punchies.  Spend four humanity, might as well.

Nope, that's not a good idea with the demon here.  Chase down Ren--if I get into close range AND none of my allies follow, I'll use my metal spike to do a charged attack on him.  This will immediately turn me into a demon, hopfully screwing him over before Whisper screws my team over.  If, instead, there are allies nearby, I'll just punch Ren instead.

No self sacrificing today, it seems.

76+[42] vs 72+[31] for damage of 15 to his right lower arm. 15 hp left on it.

DEMON

The demon glides into the room like an ice cube sliding along a glass table. It reaches out and tries to touch Gentle.

65+[84] vs 50+[96] very close but the demon wins by 3.

A pulse of green light travels out from the brain all the way down to the tip of the tendril touching gentle's....Right upper leg. The leg instantly rots away into a shriveled black mass (100-43=57), as does his gut (57-10=47). The black infection spreads up to his chest, shriveling it horribly, but not destroying it completely. (70-47= 23 hp remaining).

Blue Team

Retreat! Get out of group curbstomp and dodge attacks. Go back the way I came in maybe?

You immediately leap back through the hole blue team originally emerged from and then hop off the conveyor belt and run to the far side of the room.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: October 11, 2016, 10:18:29 am »

Blue Team

DOOOODGE

Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: October 11, 2016, 12:29:24 pm »

Chase down Ren--if I get into close range AND none of my allies follow, I'll use my metal spike to do a charged attack on him.  This will immediately turn me into a demon, hopfully screwing him over before Whisper screws my team over.  If, instead, there are allies nearby, I'll just punch Ren instead.

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 88