Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 23

Author Topic: [ISG] Old Chaos in a New Order World  (Read 32867 times)

Chromatic Wasp

• Bay Watcher
  • Art by Tae (Raspcherry)
    • View Profile
Re: [ISG] Old Chaos in a New Order World
« Reply #165 on: March 21, 2016, 10:23:25 pm »

Primordia loves this world...If this will keep it from being destroyed, Primordia will fulfill its DUTY.
Come on up to the stage! Are you trembling with fear and excitement?

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 21, 2016, 10:54:03 pm »

Primordia loves this world...If this will keep it from being destroyed, Primordia will fulfill its DUTY.

+1
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Fallatus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 22, 2016, 04:00:17 am »

Hmmm... if Primordia is now Soul, and Soul must oppose Heart, and Heart supports Order, and Order opposes Chaos, then is Primordia on the Chaos side now?
And does this mean Primordia must oppose its new friends?

We do not oppose order, We will oppose the imbalance of order. For even order is as necessary for balance as chaos.
"If this world stagnate it will end up hurting our friends and enemies alike. We cannot let such a fate be realized.
For the sake of our friends we must walk the light, The prophet he must hear our plight; We must reason with his hearth, Soul and mind.
For the sake of the world we must endure, Or the world will surely meet its early doom.
We must seek to bring back balance where there is now none, Whether to prophets, World or Mind hearth and soul."

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
  • Panther of the East Jungle
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 22, 2016, 02:57:48 pm »

"You need not speak, it is easier if I read from your mind," the guide says in a voice that faded like a dying wind.

"My explanation will be understood in time, dwarf... A dark hammer resonates Logos in your mind, but remember: These elements are components of a structure. Opposition between them is arbitrary to my kind. We exist by two axioms: Guide the path for all worlds to transcendence; Respect what we lack: free will. If your choice is to oppose Heart, that which is naturally defeated by Soul, you may. However, Mind abolishes Soul, and Mind is hidden from our sight, and so will be hidden from you.

"If I were to posit a solution, it would be to seek out and destroy the Heart, the Mind, and finally yourself, so that the elements may be in equilibrium for a time. But, I find that beings of free will rarely seek to destroy themselves.

"If a wasp and forward man agree on love of the world, then follow what values you've taken to HEART, but temper it with the character of SOUL, and balance them with the mediation of MIND. But this internal balance will not be enough. You must carve some path to liberate your world from death.

"Intertwined snakes are correct. Imbalance is the enemy. If it were the case that Logos was Dark and Pathos was Light, I would not be intervening. But here I am, and here you sleep. Allies are hope, but beams of light are dependent on the casting and power of flames. Be sure the bridge you cross is safe, even if you've crossed it one-hundred times prior. A man whose devotion goes beyond the bounds of reality is Immutable, but one whose character transcends that of normal creatures can move stones heavier than stars. And a being whose reasoning is without flaw can trick a rat into thinking it is a cat, and send it to its death with words alone. Such powerful reasoning... Heedless to anything lesser minded." As Tessa's responses continue, her voice meanders and stutters. She loses form before your eyes, and your heightened senses dull by the second.

"Peoples with passions, murderers with spite, children who sing, or who cannot; By one rule you must be guided: Follow your soul! Don't let pride, faith, or ploy destroy you, Primordia..."

Primordia...

Primodia... ?

You have gained various stat boosts!

Spoiler: Primordia Stats (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Party (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: THINGS (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Isaac Asimov
I write for the same reason I breathe — because if I didn't, I would die.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 22, 2016, 04:09:33 pm »

Primordia is ready; go with Ser Spicious and explore some more

GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 22, 2016, 04:19:40 pm »

Adventure ho!
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 22, 2016, 06:34:14 pm »

"Of course. Primordia must learn to this new situation."
It'd be good to plant the seeds that the chaos of change is necessary for the cooperation of order within our friend so he can easier be made an ally.

Chromatic Wasp

• Bay Watcher
  • Art by Tae (Raspcherry)
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 22, 2016, 10:25:52 pm »

Primordia is ready; go with Ser Spicious and explore some more
+1
Come on up to the stage! Are you trembling with fear and excitement?

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
  • Panther of the East Jungle
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 23, 2016, 09:35:37 am »

You get up from your bed, mind swimming with new information. Certainly a strange first impression of 'sleep.'

Pushing these thoughts to the back of your mind, Ser Spicious leads you from his home. As you make your way towards the center of town, Ser Spicious explains the miscellaneous minutiae of nearby objects with a sing-song tone. "This is a bin, it is for trash. That is, refuse. It is proper etiquette to place your refuse inside receptacles such as these. In fact, it is the law."

As he continues, you notice that the streets are devoid of passerby. They might be asleep, you wager. Ser Spicious did say that he always awakens 'bright and early.' Still, it is an eerie thing to be alone on these streets.

About half way to the common area, you hear a sharp command from behind. "Halt!" You turn to face a gaunt figure with a single, critical eye. You feel FEAR rise in your emotion-place, but are unsure why.

She seems completely unfazed by Ser Spicious' friendly demeanor, and her quick command instantly affirms your fear.

Ser Spicious adopts a protective stance in front of you immediately. You can sense a harsh antipathy in the air as your emotion-place churns painfully.

Fear grips you as the possibility of destruction... of death demands your attention. Even worse, two more enemies reveal themselves and walk beside the Quisit as she marches towards you. Ser Spicious holds his ground, but whispers to you, "Primordia, I need you to go to Green Guildtown. Find the Knight Maxum and seek his protection. This is not right, I sense foul play." His words are more dire than you've ever heard, only intensifying your fear. "I can stop them for a time. Now you must go, and keep to the shadows."

He will not survive against this troop, this you are sure of. But you do not know how to fight! You must make a decision!

Fight or Flee?!

Spoiler: Primordia Stats (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Party (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: THINGS (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Isaac Asimov
I write for the same reason I breathe — because if I didn't, I would die.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 23, 2016, 10:04:07 am »

Stay and try to help fight them, futilely. When inevitably we are near being defeated, and Ser Spicious is gravely wounded, use the power of our emotions and rage and impotency and vanquish our foes with Inner Opus.

Leave no survivors. (Except Ser Spicious)

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: March 23, 2016, 11:54:31 am »

No. We cannot lower ourselves to their ways. Further, Ser Spicious has given us a mission. Bound by our sense of duty, we must fulfill it.

But in turn, we must give him one as well. Don't die Sir Spicious. Ask him to be safe. Then...

Run. Run quickly. Run swiftly as if your life depends upon it because it does.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 23, 2016, 01:46:32 pm »

No. We cannot lower ourselves to their ways. Further, Ser Spicious has given us a mission. Bound by our sense of duty, we must fulfill it.

But in turn, we must give him one as well. Don't die Sir Spicious. Ask him to be safe. Then...

+1
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 23, 2016, 01:53:47 pm »

+1, emphasis on Ser Spicious running with us.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 23, 2016, 06:49:31 pm »

+1, emphasis on Ser Spicious running with us.
+1
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 23