Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 78

Author Topic: Arms Race/Design Bureau Hub/General OOC (Got a Discord Channel now)  (Read 110814 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race Hub
« Reply #60 on: March 02, 2016, 11:32:56 am »

Actually, they beat us to the punch with vehicles. We just built better ones when we got around to doing it.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 02, 2016, 11:52:36 am »

Mostly the lack of tanks from our side, the fact that there are no pistols, sniper/marksmen rifles, field guns, grenades, etc. etc.

The lack of Arstotzka tanks is due to them having the Navy slot all to themselves.  Lack of the rest of the stuff is so I can have you capture stuff from the quite large number of warlords when you wipe them out one by one.

Secondly, given the presence of the Model 4 yellowjacket, I'd hazard that Malaysia also has the Sorraia as a result. (I'd assume the the guinean T2 has the AS-1924 in place of the Brumbies/Sorraias)

I would assume the mounting of the Sorraia in a plane has it hold a quite different design than the standard weapon.  As for the Brumby, I may just replace that with the officer weapon (Making the Republic have the AS-1924 and the Federation have the Flamethrower).

And considering the horrible mix of weapons nationality, I am confused which faction I should support.

Federation has a distribution of 5 Moskurg, 4 Arstotzka, and 1 United Forenia designs.  Republic has a distribution of 5 Arstotzka, 4 Moskurg, and 1 United Forenia design.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #62 on: March 02, 2016, 11:54:21 am »

Actually, they beat us to the punch with vehicles. We just built better ones when we got around to doing it.
YADDAADADADADADADADADADADADADADADADADADAAAAA I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER THE SOUND OF HOW GLORIOUS ARSTOTZKA IS!!!
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 11:57:14 am by Kot »
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 02, 2016, 12:27:16 pm »

Not really? Really only difference would be the trigger assembly, but the main part of the weapon itself would essentially be the same.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 02, 2016, 12:31:18 pm »

I would assume the mounting of the Sorraia in a plane has it hold a quite different design than the standard weapon.  As for the Brumby, I may just replace that with the officer weapon

Tank without machineguns is not a good idea, tank with several infantry-sized flamethrowers is a potential oven for the crew. You may replace Brumbys with MK-47 that are more light machineguns than proper assault rifles

BTW, general purpose machinegun looks more useful than a Flamethrower. Add better fighter and better assault rifle and Republic is in a better shape
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #65 on: March 02, 2016, 12:49:01 pm »

Republic is in a better shape
Republic has a distribution of 5 Arstotzka, 4 Moskurg, and 1 United Forenia design.
Self-explanatory.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 02, 2016, 04:37:06 pm »

Made some changes to the initial loadouts.  Common marks that both nations have a copy of the design, with each being United Forenia versions of the various designs.  Descriptions are fairly short, but should be sufficient.  This distribution sound better?

Spoiler: Common (click to show/hide)
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #67 on: March 02, 2016, 04:47:18 pm »

Wait... so, Federation uses imperial and Republic uses metric? I am okay with this.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 02, 2016, 07:51:37 pm »

Oof, the T25? Thats gonna need upgunning quick.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 02, 2016, 08:01:32 pm »

For simplicities sake both should use metric. Less headaches for us non-US players :P

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #70 on: March 02, 2016, 08:03:12 pm »

B-but think of the poor US players! What could they do, learn obviously superior metric?

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 02, 2016, 08:04:23 pm »

...Yes, we shall make them learn to use superior metric system like the rest of us! :P

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 02, 2016, 08:20:32 pm »

Oof, the T25? Thats gonna need upgunning quick.

With the amount of downgrading I needed to do to bring down the cost of the T33 to equal the cost of the Breaker, it was essentially a T25.  Might as well just use that.

For simplicities sake both should use metric. Less headaches for us non-US players :P

I originally was going to.  Then I saw the happy accident that Malaysia actually uses portions of the Imperial system.  Didn't know that until after I gave it the Moskurg weapons.  With that and a couple other coincidences I am now noticing makes me want to keep the Imperial system around for use by the Federation.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 02, 2016, 10:03:42 pm »

Hi guys.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 02, 2016, 10:23:02 pm »

Hi guys.

Greetings Sensei.  Do have any complaints about the preview for the OP I constructed for the new game?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 78