Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 146

Author Topic: You are a Monster RTD - Epilogues  (Read 294830 times)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Monster RTD [14?/?] - Turn 70
« Reply #1725 on: September 05, 2016, 09:57:05 pm »

"That sounds like a great idea. I guess this is where we part. Thank you for helping me and Brown. I hope you all have safe travels and find whatever it is you're looking for."

Exchange pieces, then head off with Kokaun and Barag. Make conversation.

"Hey Kokaun, how did you learn to speak human?"

Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: September 07, 2016, 02:38:12 am »

Turn 70.01 :

Roeway the Raging Blood Hound
Join in the sorrow howls. When the others have finished howling

During the fight I asked for power from blood and I was assisted by a presence. It is what allowed me to finally kill the damn spider as well as transform me and I think it saved your life Iverpack. I just wish it could have saved Gaverstep.

Eat some of the spiders then get Wrapfur to rest while Iverpack and I keep guard.

(After rolls like that I think its time to start a religion)

The three monsters howled in concert, chanting the departure of their friend and hoping for her soul to return to the land and be reborn.

The funeral rites finished, you told them of your belief.
"Is that so... Don't feel sorry for the death of Gaverstep. She isn't the first companion we lost, our pack was once far bigger... But those damn demons, they got us all."

You then ate both made a feast of your enemy, savoring the flesh of the spiders despite the bitterness of your loss.
And you decided to stay here for a moment, so that Wrapfur may rest a bit...

Roeway: [3]
Iverpack: [1]
Wrapfur: [2]

Wrapfur couldn't even rest due to the pain caused by the poison. From his tormented howls, you could understand that it felt hundred time worse than during the fight, due to the adrenaline drop. Eventually, the poison dissipated and Wrapfur slept for a very little while.

But you had to start moving, as you heard creatures coming from below. Their smell was close, if you didn't leave now they would be on you very soon.

Allies:
-Hell Wolves Pack : 2 (Iverpack and Wrapfur)
>Iverpack the Blackflame Wolf(M): Okay
>Wrapfur the Hell Wolf(M): Very Badly Wounded

Spoiler: Roeway's Status (click to show/hide)

Ulkas the Sorcerous Osyluth of Lies
Ulkas paused for a moment, failing to comprehend what has happened right before his eyes. And then, black rage raised from the very depths of his evil soul to flood his consciousness. These human wretches... How dare they struggle! How dare they fight back! How dare they wound Astrosa... How dare they!!!

"Huuumans! You are so... DEAD."

Tear Banel throat out with my claws, followed by tail strike for a good measure. Using unstable state of two other elders, control them simultaneously and make them execute each other.

((I wanted to tease Astrosa before this turn on struggling so long with a human... Now, I'm in dire need of human blood and to see if I'd fare better.))

Banel, the human who dared lay a hand on your precious companion, didn't even fight back as you stood before him. Your control of his body told you the necessary : he exhausted all his forces, and was unable to move.

With wild strikes filled with furor you ripped his throat apart, spilling blood all around. The messy execution didn't end here, as you stabbed him in the heart with your tail at the end. As your tail left a gaping hole in his chest, you absorbed his essence.
+8 Essence

You gasped.

How powerful. So powerful. Was this human so strong ?! His essence told you that if he was a monster, he would be on a level slightly above yours.

You then looked toward the two elders. They were fast !

[3] They were too far, your control couldn't reach that far and the rage made it difficult to focus. All you could do was use the last shred of influence you had over the Bald elder to inflict him the vision of his friend death, magnified.

That was the least you could do.

Astrosa: [1]
Astrosa laid on the ground, broken and breathing with a rasping sound. Her eyes wide open were filled with surprise and dangerous madness. She looked at you.

"Ah...ah..."

You didn't recognize her in those eyes. The captivating gaze of her was gone, and only a feral beast was looking at you.

You immediately understood what was happening. She was losing control of her berserk state, and was on the verge of losing it.
It was bad, really bad in the current situation.

Enemies :
-Bald elder: Fled
-Braided elder: Fled
-Banel, Hat elder: Deceased

Spoiler: Ulkas Status (click to show/hide)

Caedan the Bloody Impaler
"Of course. Let us go."

To the ruins!

Following Vanare, you navigated through the forest, following secret paths known only of her. She made a point of not splitting up, lest Firande and Ramas may not be able to find their way out.

Finally, you arrived to... a perfectly normal place for a forest. Bar from a tree which had a large cross-shaped carving on it.
"Good, we are a bit earlier than expected but it should work out." she muttered.

Then turning toward you three, she added :
"Prepare to witness Song Magic."

Vanare began to articulate words coming from an ancient tongue. The air around her seemed to change as the sound of her voice started to amplify as mana coursed through it.
Letters of the same ancient tongue appeared around her, circling at the pace of her song.

Then she started singing.

Such a beautiful voice... It really didn't seem to belong to the realm of mortals, everything in it, its tonality, its vibration, its harmonious flow... It seemed surreal, a human couldn't sing like this.
While the voice alone moved your whole heart and body, the words seemed to be brought to life by the chant. These words carried a meaning that couldn't be translated in normal words, but your soul felt their meanings, as if they were sung directly to it.

You were sure of it, you heard a song like this before. Such a sensation couldn't be forgotten.

Firande and Ramas were so awed they didn't dare say a word, afraid to taint this song. Even the whole forest appeared to turn silent to listen to the magical melody.

And suddenly the space before you shifted, like a curtain being drawn. The trees disappeared, and an immense patch of land appeared instead.
You could see buildings from afar, overrun by the forest.

"I opened us a path. There is a spell around each ruins, this one display a flaw for a moment right here every day.

How did you find the song ?"

"I never heard something so beautiful..." 
"So did I, I don't even know what to say...""

You looked at the broken pale stone low wall that just appeared. Gently stroking it gave you shivers...

It was the place, there was no mistake. Close, you were so close.

Allies :
-Vanaremalia, short Vanare. Songstress.

Spoiler: Caedan's Status (click to show/hide)

Squelchy the Slime
Squelchy pushes into the red slime, but instead of pushing with his whole body, he applies all the force in his body to one point of contact. He hopes to burst the either slime's membrane. If he fails, he pounces away.

Squelchy: [1]
Red: [1]
Yellow#1: [1]
Yellow#2: [1]
Green: [1] [What the fuck]

All the slimes stuck together, vying for the fruit. You attempted to push into Red, but Green engulfed you from behind. And then the Yellows took Red in the back, and all five slimes began intruding/repelling each others... No need to say pouncing away was next to impossible.

You were all a single mass of bloated slime of all colors. It could have stopped here, but excited slimes produce a lot of exotic substances, and this enzymes cocktail combined with substances not really understood in slimes anatomy worked together to...

...very violently react together.

Squelchy: [5]
Red: [4]
Yellow#1: [1]
Yellow#2: [1]
Green: [3]

The forest itself shook when the blast detonated.

You have no idea what exactly happened, but you were somehow very alive, and your body was abnormally bigger.
Somehow you integrated the Yellows bodies in yours. Confusion was invading your mind.

But hey, you still had the fruit ! And it was tastilicious after such an event.

Red and Green survived, with Red having also incorporated some of the Yellows. Green lost more than half of his body volume, and laid in some far place in a death state.

+2 Essence, you can transform.

Spoiler: Squelchy's Status (click to show/hide)

The Unnamed Ettin
Get ready to fight with the monster, use both hands to wield my club and prepare to Charge it when it gets near me

Ettin: [6]
Holding your club firmly, you charged valiantly toward your enemy. Surprising it, you made a sweeping motion summoning all your strength and landed a magnificent blow.

The gaunt creature was thrown in the air by the power of your blow, and crashed a few steps away. You are sure you attack broke more than a few ribs.

But you had so much momentum you made a full turn and lost your balance, falling face down on the ground.

Husk: [5]
The husk rose back up with terrifying agility, and took advantage of your state to jump on you and plunge its sharp claws the size of swords in your belly. It clawed you apart savagely, and you could see your guts flying.
-7HP

The unbearable pain made your two heads scream in unison.

Some event: [6]
Something moved in the ground near both of you. A low, thick bubbly sound.

Enemy:
-Gaunt Husk of Pestilence Heavily Wounded

Spoiler: The Ettin's Status (click to show/hide)

Oran the Decrepit Fountain Golem
Oran takes a slight step back,

Humans, I suppose I should feel happy to meet two of the species that I assume created me, however it seems you are not as thrilled of my presence, and one of you, injured.

Back towards the door, if they see a lack of willingness to fight, they may at least not attack.

The human was shocked to no end when you spoke his language. And suddenly he looked in a direction above the door, and shot several bolts of arcane energy, screaming in rage.

The projectiles detonated, and you felt something moving quickly. Looking in the direction of the explosion, you saw a strange being moving.

It had the same color as a starry night, a deep ink blue with many shining dots.
It had something akin to a massive cloak upon closer look, dissimulating a being even blacker than the shadows themselves. It looked like there were solid parts under this cloak, but you couldn't see.

"I beg of you, help us !" shouted the man.

Enemy ? Ally ?
-Mysterious being

Non-hostiles :
-Cloaked Humans
> One fighting
> One unconscious

Spoiler: Oran's Status (click to show/hide)

Gorra the Lich
"Come here and fight Coward, or are you afraid I'll take out your eye?!"
I prepare to bash it's hands the next time it swings at me.

You don't really know if the Cyclops understood you, but it sure answered in the way you asked him to.

Gorra: [2]
Cyclops: [5]
The Cyclops swung once more at you with renewed violence. And for some reason, you decided to bash its hand big enough to hold you by the hips.

Suffice to say it didn't work.
"Master Gorra !" shouted Osuro as he just lifted his skull.

You couldn't feel pain anymore, but judging from the intense tremor you felt in all your bones and the sound of turning something to paste, the Cyclops hit very, very hard.

Your body flew away like a spinning puppet whose strings were cut and limbs crushed with a hammer. You landed far from the entrance and Osuro.
-8HP

Osuro: [6]
The skeletal warrior hacked the Cyclops in retaliation, severing its hand. But he struck so hard his axe ended up stuck in the ground.

The Cyclops screamed in pain :
"GAAAAH !"

Enemy :
-Cyclops : lost hand

Allies :
-Great Skeletal Knight, Osuro
> Worn battle axe

Spoiler: Gorra's Status (click to show/hide)

Gray the Metalslinger
"That sounds like a great idea. I guess this is where we part. Thank you for helping me and Brown. I hope you all have safe travels and find whatever it is you're looking for."

Exchange pieces, then head off with Kokaun and Barag. Make conversation.

"Hey Kokaun, how did you learn to speak human?"

Pieces were exchanged, and farewell were bode. You felt sad leaving the company of the trio of monster that accompanied you and Brown. But you knew that you needed to leave if you wanted to fulfill your objective...

"This is a peculiar story, I can speak the Human tongue only since recently, and I only dabble. Barag can understand what I mean to some extent, but it is hard.

It began when I turned from a normal Radasar to an Elite as I am now. I suddenly had knowledge I didn't have beforehand, and understood concepts I was not used to. Then I learnt basic words back when I was still in my clan, as we captured a monster that spoke and lived with humans. The Kankasar, the present leader of the Radasars had the idea to make the most intelligent Radasar learn the rudiments of human tongue.

That's basically it."

He then asked you a question too :
"What of you, where do you come from ? And what were you seeking for in the desert ? I never saw you kind before."

Meanwhile, Brown and Barag walked at the same level, exchanging concerned glances.
Some strange bond developed between them, even though they couldn't even understand each other body language.

Allies:
-Barag, Muscular Human
> Great Spear
-Kokaun, Golden Radasar

Spoiler: Gray Status (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 02:57:22 am by Nakéen »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: September 07, 2016, 02:39:40 am »

Turn 70 Players Data

I'm rather satisfied of this turn. I felt inspired for some reason !

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: September 07, 2016, 02:55:16 am »

Roeway leads the pack on wards and upwards out of the dangerous underground. Supporting Wrapfur as much as possible as they go. (I've forgotten whether or not I'm still underground)
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 03:50:43 am by killerhellhound »
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: September 07, 2016, 02:56:41 am »

Roeway leads the pack onwards and upwards. Supporting Wrapfur as much as possible as they go. (I've forgotten whether or not I'm still underground)
You didn't reach the surface, you got attacked mid way.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: September 07, 2016, 03:15:32 am »

((I'm so very, very dead... Also, Nakeén, congrats on rolling 1's practically non-stop. I dare hope this will stop before Astrosa makes her sanity roll...

About inspiration: deaths, maimings and bad luck of others tend to do that  :P))
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: September 07, 2016, 04:51:48 am »

"...Fuck."

This single word encompassed nearly whole specter of feelings Ulkas experienced at this moment. Rage, anger, disappointment, amazement, satisfaction, worry, anxiety... and gut-wrenching terror. Somewhere deep inside, he still remained a little black imp, fleeing for his dear life from the almighty demoness. He grew in power and wisdom, gained trust and respect of his near-killer... but when shown this pure animalistic side, old fear raised its head again.

A moment passed, and Ulkas felt like his consciousness split. He felt the terror still, but it had no hold on his steeled mind anymore. It was a thing of the past. Thing he outgrew and defeated. Mind rules the body. And mind rules itself as well... Ulkas grinned smugly in his mind for a moment, before returning to the present.

Humans already fled too far, their image forever burned into Ulkas memory - in case he'll meet them again in the future. Astrosa... While greatly wounded and nearly berserk, she was still in the present, barely holding on her slipping sanity. There were many ways he could help her...

Stopped by a sudden thought, Ulkas paused, only to discard it vehemently. He'll never use his powers against Astrosa directly. This was a betrayal of trust most foul. And only a dire situation in the temple following Fenia death could make him think along these lines. Now, he had a much better solution, though not without its pitfalls.

After breaking from imprisonment, Astrosa was controlled mostly by her impulses, mind becoming suppressed in a fits of extreme emotion. And if he could fix her emotional state somewhat, it should help mitigate the immediate danger and help her recovery as a whole. But the main problem remained: how to approach this? While not being a master on emotional side, Ulkas understood that for Astrosa, extreme emotions served like glue holding together her damaged personality. It started recovering bit by bit, but still was very fragile and vulnerable to outside threat, as many events has shown. Hasty actions would only make the situation worse...

Carefully 'sedate' Astrosa with emotion of serenity while talking to her reassuringly. Hopefully, this won't trigger some underlying memories...
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: September 07, 2016, 06:12:27 am »

((im so dead)) try to dodge its attacks and cross that river, try to grab one of those big boulders and throw one at it
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: September 07, 2016, 08:08:36 am »

((Someone in her family was a siren. I'm calling it right now.))

"Indeed, a very beautiful song. Though I can't shake off the feeling that I heard a similar song before."

Let's go.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 08:46:21 am by Hawk132 »
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: September 07, 2016, 03:13:27 pm »

hmmph

Keep eyes locked on the creature, move in to protect the humans.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: September 07, 2016, 04:41:30 pm »

That could have gone better, Perhaps I Should stay away from Combat... and Stay where my own talents Lie.
I Concentrate on Drawing on the Spirits of the Departed to Necromanticly Create a Basic Poltergeist or some other Weak Spirit.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: September 07, 2016, 04:46:36 pm »

((For some reason it feels like the elders Ulkas fought with practiced Exercitus or this setting's equivalent.))
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Legendary Marksdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Praying for Nakéen to stay this time (copium)
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Monster RTD [10/10] - Now with a Google Doc ! -
« Reply #1737 on: September 07, 2016, 04:49:13 pm »

Nox the Vampire Bat
Hello, I know that there's already a lot of players, but can I please join ?
If I can't, then just put me on the waitlist, I guess :p

Spoiler: My monster (click to show/hide)

Welcome ! I liked your little bit of backstory, will try to make the most out of it :D

Thanks, and sorry for taking so long to notice that you came back, I was busy lately :x But now I'll be able to play as normal ^^

You suddenly wake up, emerging from the protective casket you hid in a cave long ago. The head hazy from years, or maybe centuries of slumbering, you can't help but feel very thirsty.

You wonder if the land has changed since you blacked out ?

According to your memory, there should be a human village in the mountain you hid in not far off.

Attacking a human village right away might be dangerous in my current state. I fly up and try to spot an animal of decent size or an isolated human with echolocation. If I find one, I try to sneakily land not too far from them, then I attack them from behind and attempt to suck their blood.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: September 07, 2016, 05:10:33 pm »

"Brown and I came from a castle to the south, across the desert. There used to be humans in it, and they made most of us that lived there, but then they disappeared. The others seemed to miss them, so I decided to leave and find friendly humans to come back. I want to make a kingdom, with humans and non-humans living together peacefully, where a being is judged on their merit, not their appearance. As for my appearance, Brown and I were originally small blobs. Kind of like a slime, but way cooler. Then we ate this piece of a crown and got stronger. We also found out we could get even stronger and grow if we found more of this 'essence' to eat. We've changed twice now, I think. The easiest way to get it is from killing things, but I don't like mindless slaughter. We could probably also get more if we ate other powerful objects. I'm sure there must be other ways to get essence that I don't know about, too. I know learning from Barag's master won't result in essence, but maybe I could learn something useful, or at least how to fight better so I can be strong enough to defend myself and Brown while we look for friendly humans and other beings to join us. Oh, and we went to that Quarry too. Then humans and Radasars showed up and started fighting. Then we went to the Oasis, where we met you."

Gray's life story, abridged.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: September 07, 2016, 05:17:48 pm »

((For some reason it feels like the elders Ulkas fought with practiced Exercitus or this setting's equivalent.))
((Indeed, I got reminded of Exercitus while writing their actions.
Though in that case, Banel was some sort of monk mainly using skills burning his life force to produce strong effects.
Other two were mages having trained in martial arts, creating/coming from some kind of martial arts magic school. )
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 05:23:36 pm by Nakéen »
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 146