Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 146

Author Topic: You are a Monster RTD - Epilogues  (Read 295486 times)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
Re: You are a (weak but not for long) Monster RTD [10/10]
« Reply #870 on: March 10, 2016, 04:08:28 pm »

A surge of power, unlike anything he had ever felt before. It was as if tapping into a source of limitless power for the first time. Seizing on it, he bursts forth from his cocoon, twice reborn and all the stronger for it.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 04:11:56 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: March 10, 2016, 04:28:00 pm »

Catch up with the blobs and go off to the side to recover (me too, I still haven't gotten my MP back). Listen to the blobs' conversation and chime in if there's something I can add.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: March 10, 2016, 04:44:01 pm »

I accept your apologies, and want to apologize too...

Be Barak's guest.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: March 10, 2016, 05:00:24 pm »

Dahak is now mildly pleased with this situation, BUT STILL PRETTY PISSED OFF.

LOOKY HERE, I DON'T KNOW WHO OR WHAT YOU ARE, BUT THANKS TO YOU, I'M DEAD AS ALL HELL, MY MASTER IS DEAD though thats not really your fault but meh, details AND DELINDE IS EXHAUSTED AND SEEMS TO HAVE HAD HER BRAIN CHANGED FOR A POTATO OR SOMETHING

Dahak glances at Delinde. What the hell is she doing? This is no time to daydream, even around someone as dazzlingly cool as yourself.

Dahak walks closer, standing tall above the quivering mass of dark otherwordly snot.

So, you do seem affected by my fear aura, like the corruptors, and altough I don't know why, I'm rather pleased by this. So before I decide to personaly teach you the about the consequences of having a full spectrum of negative emotions around me, I will ask you some things!

Dahak removes his two pair of sunglasses, his eyesockets now emitting an incandescent crimson light.

WHO AND WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU AND WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME?

Question the extradimensional immigrant. If it tries to make any hostile moves, make it regret having emotions by making it Feel the Fear.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: March 10, 2016, 05:02:31 pm »

On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: March 10, 2016, 05:05:18 pm »

Be Barak's guest.

((Oh. I didn't realize this.))

edit: reading through past turns, it seems I accidentally changed the bear's name from Bargar to Barak. I must be tired.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: March 10, 2016, 05:23:30 pm »

(( I knew there was something not right about that Barak, but I was too lazy to check. ))

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: March 10, 2016, 05:30:56 pm »

"I'm Gray, and this is Brown. We're blobs. Or, we're blobs, I guess. We come from that ruined castle to the south. One of the Guardians there gave us some essence, and we changed. They said we could find more out here in the world. And humans. There was a time when we worked with them, I'm hoping to find some good ones so maybe we can do so again."

Naive optimistic talky stuff.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: March 10, 2016, 06:25:20 pm »

My other side knows what to do, so I won't worry about it. Continue Westward
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: March 10, 2016, 06:32:03 pm »

((Whew, got really distracted by RL stuff.))

"Really?"

Ulkas still needed essences, yet he could not leave Astrosa alone without help.

Try again. Even if it's small, it is still a distraction. Also, incorporate illusions into the mix.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: March 10, 2016, 06:32:23 pm »

((I forgot to tell, for future transformations it won't be compulsory to change your species. See it more as a title than a proper species name))

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: March 10, 2016, 06:32:49 pm »

((No worry, glad to see you back !))

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: March 10, 2016, 07:29:13 pm »

Turn 46 : Everyone bar Durst

ZoomochScoomtarto the Three-Eyed Beholder
Whelp, time for Lunch! or in better terms Lets Maul it!!
[Ambush]
[2] You sneakily approach the Purple Hoverers when one of them suddenly wakes up ! Upon seeing you he waggles his two front tentacles around and emits a lot of noise, waking up the other two. The hoverer quickly get out, but the two others are still half-asleep.

[6] You rush at one of them and bite it savagely. The other hoverer makes a float for it and disappears with the first one into the ruins.

Hoverer roll :
[1] The hoverer tries to break free from your bite by excreting an irritating liquid. But half-asleep and in pain, it fails to do so and keeps getting shaken around. It is bleeding a lot.

Caedan the Vampire
Caedan answers the Hero's piercing gaze with one of his own, his red eyes shining in the moonlight.

"I am Caedan, a vampire. I wish to sate my curiosity about the world."

Answer. Also, try to drain the Moth's essence from where I am. If memory serves right humans don't see it, so why not? Should I gain enough to level up, don't transform just yet. Wouldn't want to give the guy another reason to murder me.
[Kill steal]
You answer to the human about yourself and your goal, keeping up with his strong gaze.
[5] Despite being far from the dead Moth-like monster, your soul attracts its essence and it comes flying toward you. A voice suddenly shouts :
"Hey ! That monster is stealing your kill's essence !"

You gain 5 essences. You can transform

Before you can process what the voice said, the imposing human shouts back to the voice :
"What ?! Are you braindead or what ?! You had one easy job !"

Then turning back to you, he says with a half-serious half-mocking tone.
"Surprising, and extremely audacious of your part. But hey, you couldn't have known right ? This fella behind me is a monster just like you."

You remember there were around 2 to 3 other figures excluding the insanely strong human. Three humanoid persons emerges from the back of the earth wall. One of them takes of its hood, revealing a knight helm. Then this person takes of its head and put it under its arm.

The separated head speaks.
"Yup. I'm a Dullahan."

You are unsure at what to do in such an uncanny situation. You do have a human and a monster in front of you, maybe more, and they vaguely seem to be working together. You never heard of this before.

Stormslayer the Aradian Mirage Beetle Hero
A surge of power, unlike anything he had ever felt before. It was as if tapping into a source of limitless power for the first time. Seizing on it, he bursts forth from his cocoon, twice reborn and all the stronger for it.
[Transformation]
Transformation Success Roll : [2]
As you regain consciousness, your power awakens. Untapped mana courses through your body, filling you with a feeling of power.
You feel your body changing slightly as your colors shift to blue and orange.
As you transform, the vine cocoon gently puts you down on the ground.

You gained +2POW, +7MP and +4HP
You lost the trait Hive Minded
You acquired the trait Adaptive Mentality
You acquired the trait Mystic Shell
You acquired the skill Mirage Storm
You are now an Aradian Mirage Beetle Mystic

((note on Mystic Shell, it won't work against every type of attacks))

Amarilys is standing in front of you.
"You were lucky to have survived, we arrived just in time to save you. Your companion is there."

She points at Guard-Kin who is still recovering in the cocoon.

Glint the Elemental Arcanivore
Catch up with the blobs and go off to the side to recover (me too, I still haven't gotten my MP back). Listen to the blobs' conversation and chime in if there's something I can add.
[Mirage and Oasis]
[1] You try to catch up with the blobs, but Vagush suddenly collapses.
"Ah !" shouts Tirim panicking.
"Damn...injuries." says Vagush with a pained voice.

Furthermore there shape seems to be shifting, like a mirage. You can't distinguish where they are.

[5] Then you notice an oasis ahead. You head there with Vagush to rest and tend to his wounds.
You recover 2MP

Snehk the Stalker
I accept your apologies, and want to apologize too...

Be Barak's guest.
[Convenient neighbor]
[5] Bargar accepts your apologies, and apologizes even more. It is like a stupid game of who will crack and stop apologizing. After ten whole minutes, you win, and defeated, Bargar goes to fetch some food. Local berries, a piece of high meat, true delicacies.

Then another bear-like monster appears.
"Oh this is Barak, my neighbor."

You greet Barak who greets you back.
"To properly apologize, how could I help you Snehk ? You are not from here are you ? Looking for something out there ?"
You recover all your MP
You recover all your HP

Dahak the Uncanny Unreasonably Spooky Scary Skeleton

Dahak is now mildly pleased with this situation, BUT STILL PRETTY PISSED OFF.

LOOKY HERE, I DON'T KNOW WHO OR WHAT YOU ARE, BUT THANKS TO YOU, I'M DEAD AS ALL HELL, MY MASTER IS DEAD though thats not really your fault but meh, details AND DELINDE IS EXHAUSTED AND SEEMS TO HAVE HAD HER BRAIN CHANGED FOR A POTATO OR SOMETHING

Dahak glances at Delinde. What the hell is she doing? This is no time to daydream, even around someone as dazzlingly cool as yourself.

Dahak walks closer, standing tall above the quivering mass of dark otherwordly snot.

So, you do seem affected by my fear aura, like the corruptors, and altough I don't know why, I'm rather pleased by this. So before I decide to personaly teach you the about the consequences of having a full spectrum of negative emotions around me, I will ask you some things!

Dahak removes his two pair of sunglasses, his eyesockets now emitting an incandescent crimson light.

WHO AND WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU AND WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME?

Question the extradimensional immigrant. If it tries to make any hostile moves, make it regret having emotions by making it Feel the Fear.
[Many 5s]
[5] You question the strange humanoid, glancing at Delinde with the corner of your vision. And unexpectedly, it answers.
"Daaahaaaak...Finaaally..."

His answer creeps you out a little, it sounds like something a stalker would say. But it keeps speaking, saying something else than your name.

"You...Call...Me... You...Called...Me..."

Its speech is becoming more and more coherent.

"From the *this word is incomprehensible* we longed for someone... And you called Us, and we answered...And you fed us Essence, and we became bound..."

It then looks at you, then at his hand.

"Who am I ?"

Delinde Roll : [6]
Delinde suddenly wakes up, gasping for air. But the voice that comes out is not Delinde's.

"I have no name. I was nothing. I was part of the everything. Now I am free."

She coughs and comes back to her senses :
"What was that ?! What are those...memories ? Dahak ?! What are you doing here ? What about Morvad ?"

Gray the Metaldee
"I'm Gray, and this is Brown. We're blobs. Or, we're blobs, I guess. We come from that ruined castle to the south. One of the Guardians there gave us some essence, and we changed. They said we could find more out here in the world. And humans. There was a time when we worked with them, I'm hoping to find some good ones so maybe we can do so again."

Naive optimistic talky stuff.
[Tourist Guide]
Geshkijin snaps his fingers, and a strange mirage like air surrounds you.
"It seems you were followed. This should take them away."

He circles around his hands in the back.
"What a curious monster you are. Judging from what you said, you were probably born an artificial monster ? Or maybe something else. If you want to meet humans, suit yourself, though I doubt you will find "nice ones". Just keep going North, I will give you a shortcut."

He gives you some explanations to quickly reach the Ashafan territory.

The Ashen the Charred Wraith
My other side knows what to do, so I won't worry about it. Continue Westward
[Split to reunite ?]
[4] You continue westward, toward the unknown. You pass some hills and woods, carefully avoiding confrontation. The surrounding atmosphere is changing as you get deeper into the hills, it seems heavier than usual. The air seems charged with spiritual presence, this is really strange.
Whether it is North, South or West, you don't know what lies ahead.

Other half roll :
[2] Your other half instinctively tries to get back to you, but get lost in the process. It is not sure where you went. Something is stalking it.

Ulkas the Lesser Osyluth

"Really?"

Ulkas still needed essences, yet he could not leave Astrosa alone without help.

Try again. Even if it's small, it is still a distraction. Also, incorporate illusions into the mix.
[Fight for the control]
[6] You focus once more on mind controlling the Chosen, but this time taking a different approach. Thanks to your expansive mind, you remember of something about the Soul and Mind Theory, globally saying the mental mind and the body mind are different. So you focus on the body's "mind", and this time it works ! You feel no presence kicking you out, and you take control of some of the chosen limbs. You are not used to this, so it costs you more than usual.

But you don't have a full control over them, you are basically piloting the body simultaneously with Tinzakena. As a result, the Chosen movements becomes so erratic that Astrosa is taken by surprise !
You lose 7MP

Astrosa Roll : [2] vs [3]
"What the hell are you doing to her Ulkas ?!" she yells with frustration.

Then she misses a claw attack to the arm of the Chosen because of the erratic and unpredictable movements, and get a taste of the thorny sword in her own arm.

Chosen Roll : [5] vs [5]
The Chosen regains control of her movements for a moment, and takes advantage of the opening in Astrosa's guard to unleash a series of deadly slashes.
Astrosa manages to deftly parry the majority of the slashes with the mentally controlled blood red substance, but some strikes passes through. She manages to catch the handle of the blade at the end of the combo, stopping it in its tracks.

Astrosa is bleeding, and the sword seems to have a strange effect on here body. Her mana is evaporating and her wounds aren't regenerating like they should.[/size]

Monsters :

Spoiler: Durst, Rock Seer (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Caedan the Vampire (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Snehk the Stalker (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Gray the Metaldee (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 08:23:41 pm by Nakéen »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: March 10, 2016, 07:39:37 pm »

Chew! Chew! The little purple pile of meat shall be lunch!
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: March 10, 2016, 07:58:35 pm »

"Oh? A human working alongside a monster? That is entirely unexpected. Forgive for taking this essence then. Anyhow, I have answered your question. Allow me to ask you one of mine. Who are you and what do you want to achieve by cooperating with monsters?"

Converse. Should they turn hostile, run and use the night to hide myself. I will transform later. My phone fu isn't advanced enough to write a transformation sheet.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 146