Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 146

Author Topic: You are a Monster RTD - Epilogues  (Read 295472 times)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
Re: You are a (weak but not for long) Monster RTD [10/10]
« Reply #855 on: March 09, 2016, 10:42:03 am »

Demons roll :
[6, 4] The two other demons attack Guard-Kin, this time without accidentally hitting each other. The tailed demon's tail strikes a crackled point in Guard-Kin chitin, and the tail pierce him and exit from the other side. His tail is stuck in Guard-Kin's body.
Stormslayer the Aradian Mirage Beetle Hero
there's two of them, and two of us. I strike at the tailed demon, trying to bit off it's tail and free guard-kin up to strike at the clawed one. If I can, I also try to pin the tailed demon and Mindwipe them.
[2] vs [6] You try to strike at the tailed demon, but it is far swifter than you expected. He dodges your attack with style, laughing at your laughable attempt. But he spins a bit too much and...
[1] The clawed tail ends up beheading the other demon. Woops. ((this guy killed nearly all other demons by himself, he deserves a medal or something))

(apparently they can also teleport their tail free of obstructions, or something.)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 10:44:16 am by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: March 09, 2016, 11:31:57 am »

Keep digging through the rocks trapping Vagush. Flee when he's out.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: March 09, 2016, 01:02:30 pm »

Demons roll :
[6, 4] The two other demons attack Guard-Kin, this time without accidentally hitting each other. The tailed demon's tail strikes a crackled point in Guard-Kin chitin, and the tail pierce him and exit from the other side. His tail is stuck in Guard-Kin's body.
there's two of them, and two of us. I strike at the tailed demon, trying to bit off it's tail and free guard-kin up to strike at the clawed one. If I can, I also try to pin the tailed demon and Mindwipe them.
[2] vs [6] You try to strike at the tailed demon, but it is far swifter than you expected. He dodges your attack with style, laughing at your laughable attempt. But he spins a bit too much and...
[1] The clawed tail ends up beheading the other demon. Woops. ((this guy killed nearly all other demons by himself, he deserves a medal or something))

(apparently they can also teleport their tail free of obstructions, or something.)
((You are totally right, how could I have forgotten that... Urgh, this is really inconvenient. Let me retcon your turn))

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: March 09, 2016, 01:21:44 pm »

Turn 44b : Stormslayer

[If it's not one, it's the other]
[3] vs [3] You strike at the tailed demon, whose tail is still stuck in Guard-Kin body. Thanks to your Adrenaline Rush, your movements are faster and stronger. With his movements restricted and surprised by your speed, the demon barely manages to avoid getting his tail cut off, instead deflecting the hit toward his body.
Guard-Kin presence doesn't help, as his large body give you some difficulties properly aiming at the demon.

Clawed Demon roll :
[6] vs [3] The clawed demon takes advantage of the situation and attack you from behind. Your chitin is torn apart by he powerful claws, but you suffer no serious wound. The clawed demon overestimated his momentum, and his attack keeps going toward the tailed demon.
You lose 4HP

[1] The sharp claws end up severing the tailed demon's stuck tail, and the aforementioned let out a scream.

Guard-Kin Roll :
[1] Guard-Kin attempts to move, but his wounds are too serious. Internal bleeding and nervous damage is rendering him immobile. He passes out, between life and death.

Ranged Demon Roll :
[1] The ranged demon tries to stand back up despite its wounds, but it reveals itself a bad idea. One of his broken bones punctures his lungs because of the sudden movement, and he suffocates.

« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 08:23:33 pm by Nakéen »

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: March 09, 2016, 04:15:10 pm »

New character sheet posted. Quoted here for convenience.
Spoiler: Durst, Rock Seer (click to show/hide)
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: March 09, 2016, 04:22:10 pm »

New character sheet posted. Quoted here for convenience.

((You realize that you can start at stage 3, right?))

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: March 09, 2016, 04:42:48 pm »

((I am fully aware.))
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: March 09, 2016, 05:01:44 pm »

As the remainder of his adrenaline rush surges forth, he would attempt to grab the clawed demon and power slam them into their now tail-less comrade, before attempting to bite off the head for some sustenance in this long and tiring battle.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 05:06:31 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: March 10, 2016, 04:59:55 am »

((too tired for an update. I will post it around 14 am on the forum local time))

Edit:
-To Coolrune. Do you want to begin in a known place (aka around the Elon Woods) or don't you mind beginning outside of the current map ? If you begin outside of the actual map, I will use your new monster to expand the world and explore new possible plot lines.

-Also, what do you all think about the current "level progression" ? Is it too slow ? Too fast ? Too restrictive ? It kind of bugs me.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 05:04:43 am by Nakéen »

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: March 10, 2016, 06:02:50 am »

((Just plop me down wherever.))

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: March 10, 2016, 12:30:38 pm »

((too tired for an update. I will post it around 14 am on the forum local time))

Edit:
-To Coolrune. Do you want to begin in a known place (aka around the Elon Woods) or don't you mind beginning outside of the current map ? If you begin outside of the actual map, I will use your new monster to expand the world and explore new possible plot lines.

-Also, what do you all think about the current "level progression" ? Is it too slow ? Too fast ? Too restrictive ? It kind of bugs me.
(level progression is fine as it stands so far for me, but I find that when you forced the 1, it killed and gutted my luck, so... No more forced rolls from other player's bad luck please? If you must have someone else's roll negatively or positively affect another, just add or subtract 1 from the other people's rolls.)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: March 10, 2016, 01:04:01 pm »

(level progression is fine as it stands so far for me, but I find that when you forced the 1, it killed and gutted my luck, so... No more forced rolls from other player's bad luck please? If you must have someone else's roll negatively or positively affect another, just add or subtract 1 from the other people's rolls.)
(It was a one kind of a whim, don't worry. Doing it another time would feel annoyingly repetitive, for me that is :P
Sorry for the inconvenience though !)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: March 10, 2016, 03:32:41 pm »

Turn 45 : Everyone bar Ulkas

The Ashen the Charred Wraith
CRAWL AWAY!!!
[Half saved]
[2] You attempt to crawl away to safety, taking advantage of the monster wariness. But seeing you trying to flee instead of attacking, the monster deduces you may not be that dangerous and attacks you !

Monster roll :
[1] The being flashes toward the nearest half and opens his enormous glowing mouth. He closes it with force on the black foggy form in front of him, but realize he bit into a cloud of smoke. In the meantime, both of your halves escape in separate directions.

You seem to be at a safe distance, but you are split in two. Your other half is wandering somewhere, instinctively following your last thought as one being.

Durst the Rock Seer
[In a distant land...]
Further north to the Copper Desert lies the Ashafan Kingdom. A great nation striving in the harsh desert thanks to its incredible magicians and magic prowesses, it is known by its neighbors as a mysterious country filled with riches. Monsters coming from the desert are not uncommon, but the anti-monster protective spells combined with the frequent monster purges led by the military helps maintain public safety.

Then further north of the Ashafan Kingdom, there exists a secluded place now but forgotten by time and only known in myths. A wide crater-like formation surrounded by a tall wall-like border, entering and exiting it is no easy task, and a settlement lies in the center of it.
Rocky formations that looks like houses, some individuals moving in what seems to be streets. Humanoids, quadrupeds, formless beings, exotic creatures of all shape and form are gathered there.

This is the hidden village of Coridem, a place from another era.
An era where there were no boundaries between monsters.
An era where humans and monsters were no different from each others.

You lived here for centuries, never traveling past the great natural walls encircling the crater. Known as the Rock Seer, with fellow sages you recently felt a great change in the flow of the world.

You all felt it. The Awakening.

There was a great reunion between elders and leaders to discuss the course of action to take. No monster or human who left Coridem ever returned back, as such, no one knows of the situation of the outside world. It has been like this since what is called the Silent Years, a period of time during which all contact with the outside world suddenly stopped.

All the history before is recorded, after them, no one knows what happened outside. Here in Coridem, you have all been living your lives at a calm and peaceful pace.

ZoomochScoomtarto the Three-Eyed Beholder
now to look arond, there is normally somthing to kill around here.
[Hunting Grounds]
[5] You know monsters usually hang around this place, it is often used as a hunting ground by some. You know this place really well : the good hiding spots, the places where monsters thinks they are safe... Carefully moving through the ruined place and tortuous tunnels, you check every spots for some prey.

At the fourth one, you spot three sleeping floating creature called Purple Hoverers. They are peaceful wide and flat creatures known for feeding on moss, mushrooms and the earth nutriments.[/size]

Gray the Metaldee
"A trick? It was still pretty, though. Who's there? Do you know where we can find essence?"

Search for the owner of that new voice.
[Geshkijin the Sand Djinn]
[4] The owner of the voice suddenly appears before you in a dim flash of light. Its body is made of shifting sand, and a red glow is seen in the inside. Its body shape is humanoid, with a head, a torso and two arms, but lacking a lower body. Instead there is a moving whirlwind of sand.

"Nyehehe ! Greeting traveler ! I harbor no hostile intentions as you both do. I am Geshkijin the Sand Djinn ! I followed you for a while actually."

You ask him where to find essence, and he laughs with his weird laugh :
"Nyehehe ! Essence ? But essence is everywhere ! In you, in me, in everyone ! Tell me, is this what bring you to the desert ?"

Caedan the Vampire
why

"I am just a simple traveler. I was exploring this forest when suddenly a star started falling right at me. I managed to run away and hide, but the meteor turned into the giant moth you just slew and I was too frightened to move. Thank you for dealing with this monster."

If he asks me to show myself: "I'd rather not. I am stricken with a sickness that apparently makes me look like some human-like monster species. I even was attacked not too long ago because of that. So I don't want to take any chances, especially with a person as powerful as you."

Try to drain the moth's essence while conversing.
[The Hero and the Monster]
[2] The human roars with laughter.
"Bwahahahaha ! A human you said ? You don't smell like a human at all. Show yourself talking monster !"

Faced with no other choice, you show yourself in plain sight.
"I was right on point, that was the smell of undeath."

He begins to make his axe spins slowly in his hand.

Hero behavior roll : [5]
He then slams the axe blade on the ground, lodging it firmly. Leaning over the upright handle, he looks at you with a wide smile.
"Do you know who I am and what is my mission ?"

You nod negatively. He stops smiling and gazes at you with a piercing look.

"Who are you and what is your goal ?"

Snehk the Stalker
Uhm... Hello again? Of all the possible hideouts I had to run into yours?![/b

Say goodbye and go away.
[Lunatic bear ?]
[2] You say goodbye and attempt to go away, but Bargar bars your path.
"Nope. I'm not letting you away so easily."

Barak Behavior Roll : [4]
"Hey, let me apologize for earlier, be my guest. Want something to eat ? I store some food in my lair."

Dahak the Uncanny Unreasonably Spooky Scary Skeleton
Dahak is utterly disgruntled by the current state of things.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I can't even make a spiritual call to that old bastard without my pay-per-view getting interrupted ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Dahak has no idea what pay-per-view might be, but he thinks this has gone on long enough.

FUCK EVERYTHING I'M GONNA SOLVE THIS SHIT MYSELF (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Stomp your way outside, push Delinde aside and turn on your Aura of Fear, its time to teach this interdimensional immigrant to not mess with you.
[Mind struggle]
Delinde Roll : [6] vs [3]
"I don't need my full powers to crush you !" says Delinde before rushing toward the humanoid. She grabs the Fog Reaper on the way and turns it into a bigger scythe. She slashes the humanoid diagonally, cutting it in two ! But it doesn't seem to have the same deadly effect as on a normal living being.

Now close to Delinde, the humanoid lunges forward and grabs her arm despite half its body being torn off.

Humanoid Roll : [4] vs [6]
In typical Corruptor fashion, the humanoid tries to invade the mind of its opponent. But it is different from the usual mindless Corruptor, instead of brutally sapping at the individuality of its target, the humanoid seems to be trying to implant thoughts and memories into its target.

Alien thoughts and memories pour inside Delinde's mind. An eldritch plane, a sole and all-powerful force. But amongst these incomprehensible thoughts, one familiar emotion is felt : loneliness.

Delinde is losing her grip on the scythe, but her mind also affects back the humanoid. The humanoid sees everything concerning Delinde : her past, her thoughts, her secrets. Assailed by the equally alien thoughts, the humanoid releases its grip on Delinde.

Dahak Roll :
[4] This situation is pissing you off ! You storm outside of the crypt, heading toward Delinde's location. You see her standing motionlessly like a fool in front of a weird humanoid made of black ichor. You push her aside without apologizing, and turn your Aura of Fear on.
You lose 5MP
Delinde : [6] Still lost in a turmoil of thoughts, Delinde doesn't even notice your Aura of Fear and stay lost in all these alien thoughts.
Humanoid : [1] Unexpectedly, Delinde's emotions that were absorbed by the humanoid resonates with fear, and the humanoid finds itself overwhelmed by unknown and foreign emotions. It falls to the ground, and retracts on itself.

Glint the Elemental Arcanivore
Keep digging through the rocks trapping Vagush. Flee when he's out.
[Vagush is out, time to get out]
[5] You keep digging through the rocks, and cleverly find the fastest and safest path to get Vagush out. Seconds later, Vagush is free and alive. Despite his injuries, he can still walk at a fast pace, only his upper body was injured.

You both quickly get out of here, with Tirim telling you where the blobs headed.

You decide to follow this path, and notice their tracks. After some more walking, you spot the two blobs with another figure around a hundred meter ahead.[/size]

As the remainder of his adrenaline rush surges forth, he would attempt to grab the clawed demon and power slam them into their now tail-less comrade, before attempting to bite off the head for some sustenance in this long and tiring battle.
[Somehow alive]
[6] vs [3] Pushing your body to its limits, you consume your final adrenaline rush and charge at the clawed demon. Grabbing him with force, you slam him into the once-tailed demon.
[2] Confused because of the pain, the demon doesn't see his ally body coming down on him and is crushed by the full weight of the other demon.

Your body feels so heavy. So very heavy. You are still holding the clawed demon down, but you can't find the force to follow with another attack.

You eventually pass out at the same time as the two downed demons.

(...)

It feels warm. It feels soft but strong at the same time. Like if you were an egg again. You half-open your eye. You seem to distinguish a vegetal cocoon surrounding you. Guard-Kin is net to you. There is a Sylvarian in front of you.

You gain 3 essences. You can transform.

Monsters :

Spoiler: Caedan the Vampire (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Snehk the Stalker (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Gray the Metaldee (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 08:23:38 pm by Nakéen »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: March 10, 2016, 03:42:01 pm »

Whelp, time for Lunch! or in better terms Lets Maul it!!
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: March 10, 2016, 04:00:02 pm »

Caedan answers the Hero's piercing gaze with one of his own, his red eyes shining in the moonlight.

"I am Caedan, a vampire. I wish to sate my curiosity about the world."

Answer. Also, try to drain the Moth's essence from where I am. If memory serves right humans don't see it, so why not? Should I gain enough to level up, don't transform just yet. Wouldn't want to give the guy another reason to murder me.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 04:39:17 pm by Hawk132 »
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 146