Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 146

Author Topic: You are a Monster RTD - Epilogues  (Read 295759 times)

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
Re: You are a (weak but not for long) Monster RTD [10/10]
« Reply #735 on: February 29, 2016, 08:19:09 am »

((:v! Maybe it is I who is the real unluck catalyst))

Dahak recollects himself then flails his arms wildly when he notices Delinde is ready to throw the fog jerk at him.

HOLY CRAP WOMAN CALM THE HELL DOWN ITS MEEE I ATE THE ESSENCES MORVAD HAD STORED AND THEN STUFF HAPPENED AND NOW I'M LIKE THIS

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Dahak's mind finally focuses again. Its like that time with the corrutor, something really odd happened to Dahak while transforming. Not only that, but it feels wrong, there's something within him that feels strange and alien, and yet very familiar, but there's no time for that now, we need to appease Delinde :v!

Try to calm Delinde down and explain to her what happened, and how you feel different. If that works out, store all the stuff in the bag and tell her that you want to attempt the revised ritual to try and contact Morvad in the spirit world.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 08:22:04 am by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: February 29, 2016, 09:30:25 am »

Infravision to detect another monster to devour.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: February 29, 2016, 09:49:37 am »

"If they are willing to speak with us, then yes. Otherwise, we shall leave you in peace while we continue our search for knowledge and food."
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: March 01, 2016, 01:53:29 am »

Turn 37 : Everyone bar Gray and ZoomochScoomtarto

Ulkas the Lesser Osyluth
((I'm loving Astrosa character too much :/
It makes me miss Ferratus and Kardassus, they had a nice story arc planned.))
((I concur. Even Ulkas starts to relax a bit, seeing as she doesn't want to eat him.
It's quite interesting how her story goes and in which direction I could influence her future... As I see it now, Astrosa is quite literally broken - in mind and in personality - yet tries to mend herself back, with various degree of success. Though prolonged interaction with Ulkas seems to have positive effect on her stability - her different sides seem a bit more in tune with each other now.))

"Well, with this kind of past, I'm impressed even more that you let me live. I am thankful for this, Astrosa, and will help you however I can... Ahem. No cheating, I assume? Right hand, then. Let's see how we'll kill those mortals."

However initial phase goes, my main role in combat should be support controller, wrecking chaos onto enemy lines while Astrosa tears them asunder.
[Astrosa's Modus Operandi]
If roll >3, you are right : [1]
"Oh, that's too bad, it was the left hand. We will then go with my usual routine."

"We first need to find a good hiding spot from which I will observe the village. Nor too far nor too close, so that I can scout the global power of the humans living here. If I feel an overwhelming presence, we will locate it and analyze it. If not, we will just barge in the village and take a human hostage. The strongest and bravest should come out to try to save the man, we will only kill them. If no one comes to save the man..."

"Then it will mean they are all worth less than scum. We will kill the hostage, and kill the most humans possible."

[3] You both scout around the village, looking for a suitable spot to spy on it. After some time looking around, you finally find a good hiding spot. It is not the best, but it is still a decent one. You wait and observe Astrosa.

Her ruby eyes glow brightly, and she seems to be focusing.

[4] "Oooh... How interesting... This village seems better protected than I imagined. I don't feel any overwhelming power here, but many different humans stronger than what I suppose are mere peasants are living here..."

"We will head right now, are you ready or do you want to wait ?"
asks Astrosa.

The Tales of Five Dark Wanderers: by Bernardo Yhaes, the Living Book
KILL IT. KILLITKILLITKILLITKILLITKILLIT...!
[Fight for the Precious]
Inhakat roll :
[2] vs [4] Inhakat hears your mental command and charges at the Alpha Silver Steppe Hunter, intending to tear it apart with its rotten claws. But the Alpha swiftly dodges the attack.

Alpha roll :
[3] vs [1] The Alpha counterattacks, but this time aiming at you. Thankfully Inhakat protects you but takes a dangerous blow in the process ! He begins to lose hold of you.
Inhakat loses 4 HP

Squishy the Earth Mana Amorphoid
Do I get essence from killing humans?

Ooh idea.

Absorb the essence of all the dead humans and all the fallen monsters. Muahahah.

Hmm. This is bad. Use my smashy abilities against that door which is blocking our escape, and rally the monsters once again.
[Da From Bad to Worse Escape]
[6] Despite the various corpses being far from you and the essence absorption interferences caused by the presence of the other evolving monsters, you somehow manage to gather nearly all the essence present here that wasn't already absorbed ! ((=everything bar casualties of the last turn with a malus))
You gain 2 essences (Soldiers), 4 essences (Dikaios Knights), 8 essences (Monsters), for a total of 14 essences !

But in the process, you garner the Dikaios Knights attention and you lose focus on the battle...

Dikaios Knights roll against you :
[6] "All this lifeforce...we can't let this monster get alive ! If it transforms, it will fully regenerate !"
As a knight shouts this, the majority of them stop what they were doing to focus their might on you. Dozen knights storm on you, and three of them are just within range to slash you apart.
[5, 3, 3] The first one stabs you with his enchanted two handed sword, piercing you thoroughly. The other two slashes at you with difficulty because of your spikes, but still manage to dent your body.
You lose 6 + 2 + 2 = 10 HP

As a result, the Dikaios knights are no longer heavily attacking the other monsters.
Monster roll :
[1] vs [4-1] ((seriously monsters, make an effort !)) Despite the sudden decrease in pressure on them, the monsters fail to inflict any serious damage on the fighting knights. Worse of all, they somehow manage to lose more of their members despite there being less knights actively fighting them !

Escape roll :
[2] Only one monster is bashing at the door right now, and all by himself he doesn't get really far.

Monster forces : 7 Evolving Monsters
> Losses : 1d4: [4] (!) Monsters
Human forces : 18 Dikaios Knights, 4 Soldiers
> Losses : 1d4 : 0 Dikaios Knights + [1] (!) Soldiers

Monster forces : 3 Evolving Monsters
Human forces : 18 Dikaios Knights + 3 Soldiers

((I FEEL LIKE THE DICE IS TRYING TO RETCON MY ABUSE))

Caedan the Vampire
((It makes me miss Ferratus and Kardassus, they had a nice story arc planned.))
((Me too. Hopefully they're enjoying the afterlife.))

"Well, not anymore. I decided to explore the forest to see if I could find anything interesting and ended up getting myself lost. I just managed to find my way out now. Tell me, hu- fellow travelers, what are the happenings in the world? I've been wandering for a long time now, so I'm rather out of the loop at the moment. Oh, and if you could tell me what places lie nearby, I'd be grateful. I'm not familiar with this area."

Talk with the humans. Size them up during our conversation. Should they realize that I'm not a human and turn hostile, boil'em all.
[Mister, you have nice eyeteeth up there. Wait a min...]
"Oh ! You must be some traveler from the southern lands then ? We emigrated from the Ashafan Kingdom which is north from here, far into the desert, after the security became threatened by the increasing monsters invasions. We were currently heading toward the Pocel Village, will you join us ?"

[1] Then a man that was hidden in the caravan suddenly comes out.
"Wait ! Are you out of your mind to trust a stranger in such dire times ?!"
"But mister adventurer... he is a lost traveler !"

The man takes a precise look at you, and quickly yells with a panicked tone :
"This is not a human ! It's a monster !"

He unsheathes a two handed axe.

[3] You react immediately and try to boil the blood out of all of them. But you are no super monster, and this is not an easy task. The weaker ones get red markings as small blood vessels explodes, but the stronger ones only sweat more than before.
You lose 4MP

Glint the Elemental Arcanivore
Glint nods his head.

No, we certainly didn't. We've been wandering the caverns in search of an exit or something more interesting than rock walls (and boy, I should be careful what I wish for). We stumbled upon your territory by accident.

Say that. And recover MP?
[Sometimes you just need to ask]
[4] The once aggressive monster suddenly calms down, and apologizes.
"Ugh, sorry for jumping unto conclusions. I thought you were trying to invade my territory. You see, there have been a lot of monsters stealing lairs and territories recently. I was on my guard."

"If you need an exit, I know a sure one. Let me show you."

He guides you through his territory until a tunnel opening.

"Go straight there, and you will reach the surface. Oh, and you are a strange duo you two."

Dahak the Uncanny Unreasonably Spooky Scary Skeleton
((:v! Maybe it is I who is the real unluck catalyst))

Dahak recollects himself then flails his arms wildly when he notices Delinde is ready to throw the fog jerk at him.

HOLY CRAP WOMAN CALM THE HELL DOWN ITS MEEE I ATE THE ESSENCES MORVAD HAD STORED AND THEN STUFF HAPPENED AND NOW I'M LIKE THIS

Dahak's mind finally focuses again. Its like that time with the corrutor, something really odd happened to Dahak while transforming. Not only that, but it feels wrong, there's something within him that feels strange and alien, and yet very familiar, but there's no time for that now, we need to appease Delinde :v!

Try to calm Delinde down and explain to her what happened, and how you feel different. If that works out, store all the stuff in the bag and tell her that you want to attempt the revised ritual to try and contact Morvad in the spirit world.
[Delinde freaks out. For Really Good Reasons]
[1] You try to calm down Delinde, but it's too late. She got so scared that she unwittingly activated her Fog Reaper into "automatic carnage mode", which means even her can't call it back. The Fog Reaper charges at you and strike its scythe down on your head !

[5] You swiftly manage to dodge it, and the scythe get lodged into the wooden floor. ((bonus next action))

As for Delinde, she is still so deeply perturbed that she can't speak and is paralyzed. She doesn't know what to do. After all, an impossible phenomenon is taking place in front of her...

Abnormality from Another Plane : [1] ((AAAAAH))
Suddenly, space in the room begins to twist and contort. Something wrong is happening. Something terribly wrong.
Then a rift opens right in the middle of the room, and black tendrils of malevolent origin emerge from it. They are trying to maintain the passage open, like if something was trying to come out...

Snehk the Stalker
Infravision to detect another monster to devour.
[Am I infrablind or is there nothing here ?]
[2] Using your infravision, you carefully look around this small wood to find another prey...to no avail. You find nothing here.

Stormslayer the Aradian Mirage Beetle Hero
"If they are willing to speak with us, then yes. Otherwise, we shall leave you in peace while we continue our search for knowledge and food."
[Diplomacy Simulator On]
You agree, and the Sylvarian guides you through the forest. After a long march, you finally reach a forest clearing with nothing else in it, except for a feminine-looking Sylvarian.

"My name is Amarilys, I was notified of your coming. It is an honor to meet another species willing to talk instead of trying to kill and dominate. How may I help you ?"

Monsters :

Spoiler: Caedan the Vampire (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Snehk the Stalker (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Gray the Metaldee (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 06:49:45 pm by Nakéen »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: March 01, 2016, 01:56:04 am »

((Coolrune, I think you are going to die soon. The monsters trying to escape are a bunch of incompetents :/))

edit : DAHAK IS SO FUCKED
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 01:59:57 am by Nakéen »

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: March 01, 2016, 02:14:51 am »

"Let's head out now and test the power of those humans. I'm practically dying to see you getting serious in battle."

((All tactics were already mentioned: control, chaos and fear.

Dahak... Why did I let you live?! Coolrune... Ouch.))
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: March 01, 2016, 02:50:59 am »

"Thank you, Dovarus. Maybe there are still some good humans left. It looks like we'll have to leave this castle anyway to find more of this 'essence' stuff. I'll keep an eye out for any. Do you have any recommendation where we should go, Dovarus? Or any tips to help us? Did you want us to carry a message back to the Sentinel before we leave?"

Talky stuff. Look for anything interesting in this room.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: March 01, 2016, 04:34:25 am »

Try somewhere else.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: March 01, 2016, 06:30:44 am »

FLOAT TO THE BACK! Hide there and now consume some essence.

I have started to realize how useless I am without mana.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: March 01, 2016, 07:15:57 am »

FLY AWAY!!!
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: March 01, 2016, 07:19:58 am »

"This is why both humans and monsters can't have nice things, dammit!"

Unsheathe my blade and cast another Blood Boil on the axe guy, while backpedaling away from them.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 09:00:19 pm by Hawk132 »
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: March 01, 2016, 07:44:43 am »

Yeah, I suppose we do make an odd pair. I could tell you about it, assuming Tirim's all right with that. It's pretty personal for him.

Stay and chat, I guess? If there's nothing more to say, thank him for his help and exit to the surface.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: March 01, 2016, 07:56:32 am »

((egads :v!))

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU AND THE EVERYHING WHAT IS THIS

THIS IS NO TIME FOR SKELETON JOKES

Grab everything INCLUDING Delinde, who's too paralyzed to do anything, and run the hell away, closing the doors behind you. Whatever is happening will maybe take care of the fog jerk. Once you get far enough, try to get Delinde to calm down and see if its possible to stop these momentaneous otherwordly shenaningas using one of the rituals.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: March 01, 2016, 05:50:39 pm »

"Greetings Amarilys. There is a time and place for fighting, but that is not here or now as far as I am aware. Our hive has recently moved into the nearby area, and we are looking for are allies and food sources respectively. We are natural hunters, but even so, the forest will be a limited resource and one that is shared none-the-less. Perhaps you could help us, or at the very least be reasonable in sharing."
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: March 01, 2016, 06:36:40 pm »

EAT IT WHOLE. BLOOD, BONE, AND SOUL.
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 146