Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 146

Author Topic: You are a Monster RTD - Epilogues  (Read 295713 times)

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
Re: You are a (weak but not for long) Monster RTD [10/10]
« Reply #720 on: February 28, 2016, 10:43:22 pm »

((Oh come on, I missed another turn? Can only really blame my laziness this time, though.))

Keep wandering. Soon I'll find an interesting thing that isn't suicide.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: February 28, 2016, 11:19:40 pm »

"I'd be really glad to hear more about you, Astrosa."

Ulkas wholeheartedly agreed before focusing on the task given. Somehow, remembering his first meeting with the Demoness, he could not imagine her simply 'scouting' strong individuals.

"Should I assume that by scouting you meant shoving yourself to mortals and killing a few? Heh, sorry, joking around. And I presume that we may achieve interesting results by sending me to draw their forces into some designated place. After that, you will slaughter most powerful, while I concern myself with weaker ones. If the plan fails, we'd still have most humans gathered in ine place, ready for reaping. How about it?"
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: February 28, 2016, 11:34:22 pm »

Turn 35a : Glint

Glint the Elemental Arcanivore
((Oh come on, I missed another turn? Can only really blame my laziness this time, though.))

Keep wandering. Soon I'll find an interesting thing that isn't suicide.
[If you keep avoiding danger, danger will come to you aka Dice is Sentient]
[1] You keep exploring the tunnels, bent on avoiding danger for now. Then you begin to feel something strange, like a smell. An hostile one. This is... you realize you are in the territory of some creature. You prepare to walk back, but it's too late, you sense the smell getting closer and closer.

And it appears before you : an enormous armored insectoid-like creature standing like some kind of centaur. It has six-legs on its abdomen for mobility, and its upper body arms end with deadly scythes. Its carapace is black and shiny, and its five eyes are red. Its whole body seems armored.

"This is my territory. Leave or die."

Mana regen roll :
[1] ...Mmh, let's just say you don't recover any MP.

« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 06:47:46 pm by Nakéen »

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: February 28, 2016, 11:44:32 pm »

GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT

And keep wandering. And recovering MP. And avoiding danger. The dice will break my body, but they will NEVER break my spirit! Or lack thereof. Whatever works.

((...Well, thanks for the bonus turn. I can say that much.))

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: February 28, 2016, 11:48:22 pm »

(potential farming knowledge ho!)
((You are on your way to play Hive Simulator 2016 with the Farming DLC :P))

And keep wandering. And recovering MP. And avoiding danger. The dice will break my body, but they will NEVER break my spirit! Or lack thereof. Whatever works.

((It's funny how the dice is trying to screw you. If you roll another 1 next turn, well, RIP ?))

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: February 29, 2016, 12:02:07 am »

((You are on your way to play Hive Simulator 2016 with the Farming DLC :P))

((It's funny how the dice is trying to screw you. If you roll another 1 next turn, well, RIP ?))

((Welp, just rolled my third 1 in a row while doing something IRL. Next turn is not looking up.))

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: February 29, 2016, 01:19:29 am »

"I'm Gray and this is Brown. We were blobs from the alchemy lab. The Golden Sentinel shared with us some of the crown pieces you gave them. They tasted...different, and I think whatever was in them is responsible for the changes we underwent. The Golden Sentinel sent us here believing that you would be able to help us find more of whatever was in that crown. Also, what happened to the humans that used to be here, Dovarus?"

Talky stuff.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: February 29, 2016, 02:59:19 am »

Find a safe spot to rest. Only worse monstrosity would attack a hag like me anyways.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: February 29, 2016, 03:20:17 am »

Turn 36 : Everyone bar Dahak and The Tales

Caedan the Vampire
Seriously, how do I get out of here? Keep going. Perhaps maybe accidentally find something interesting.
[No wood no worry]
[5] Your wandering continues for what seems to be hours. Trees, greenery... you are getting sick of it. Until you miraculously get out of this damned forest ! Victory ! Looking at the sun, you guess you travelled west-ward. As you are rejoicing, you notice a road. Following it, you quickly reach a crossroad with a sign :
"Doro Village East / Pocel Village South-East"

Then a voice surprises you :
"Howdy traveler ! You lost ?"

Those are a group of humans. They are unarmed and seem to be simple peasants.

Squishy the Earth Mana Amorphoid
Holy fuck this is epic.

Un-Sword myself, then try to become a form similar to that of when I was a mana shard. Then, start bashing myself against the humans. Aim for the head. If I get low on PV, then quickly retreat to the back where the monster battering-rams are.
[Da Really not so Great Escape : Only Squishy is useful and Dice Hates Monsters]
[5] You morph again, this time taking a the form of a spiky-mace, like if your mana shard form was put on a stick. Now you feel like you know what you are doing ! You guide the monster arms, and he also feels more comfortable manipulating a mace instead of a sword.
The result is devastating, [1] two Dikaios knights fail to see you coming and you crush their heads cleanly !

Random roll against you :
[3] As you are being swung wildly around, a sword slashes dent your body !
You lose 4HP

Dikaios Knights roll :
[4] vs [3] Despite their sudden loss, the knights are unshaken and fighting relentlessly. They know death is to be expected as elite knights. They keep pressing their advance, but the front monsters stand strong.

Monsters roll :
[1] vs [3] The earlier breach is quickly exploited by the knights. They storm in and break the monsters formation, gaining more ground and confusing the monsters ! Oh, and Crear is dead.

Escape roll :
[1] The rear monsters are totally caught their guard down by the knights attack : they didn't expect the front to break ! It's a total slaughter.

Monster forces : 5 Evolving Monsters
> Losses : 1d4: [3] Monsters
Human forces : 20 Dikaios Knights, 6 Soldiers
> Losses : 1d4 : 2 Dikaios Knights + [2] Soldiers

Reinforcement roll : [1] ((let's say the 1 is for the human)) < Yes, this is GM abuse
Suddenly 5 evolving monsters burst out of the various cells ! They were fred by Crear but were still recuperating.

Monster forces : 7 Evolving Monsters
Human forces : 18 Dikaios Knights + 4 Soldiers

ZoomochScoomtarto the Three-Eyed Beholder
Leave forest and Keep searching for humans, There must be a few around here somewhere....

Stormslayer the Aradian Mirage Beetle Hero
"We were sent to explore, and to learn. Food sources must be identified, though this does not stop the concept of diplomacy. Would you aid us?"
[Diplomacy part 2]
[3] Overruled by previous [5]
The Sylvarian bows :
"It is rare to meet other species ready to start contact with diplomacy. I am sure our people would be honored to help you. Shall I guide you to one of our people important figure ?"

Ulkas the Lesser Osyluth
"I'd be really glad to hear more about you, Astrosa."

Ulkas wholeheartedly agreed before focusing on the task given. Somehow, remembering his first meeting with the Demoness, he could not imagine her simply 'scouting' strong individuals.

"Should I assume that by scouting you meant shoving yourself to mortals and killing a few? Heh, sorry, joking around. And I presume that we may achieve interesting results by sending me to draw their forces into some designated place. After that, you will slaughter most powerful, while I concern myself with weaker ones. If the plan fails, we'd still have most humans gathered in ine place, ready for reaping. How about it?"
[Astrosa can be talkative]
She smiles with an amused air and chuckles :
"Oh ? I didn't know I made such a strong and ruthless impression over your last time. I'm much flattered."

She then takes a more serious tone.
"In this world, you will die if you are careless. I learnt it the hard way when I was still a weak demoness. It was months ago, when the first signs of the Awakening began. I hunted for every monsters I could, absorbing essence and getting stronger. After my first transformation, I became cocky and attacked a random demon..."

Her voice becomes full of hatred.
"He was one of the Demon Lords of the East, Malderuine the Second."

"This bastard was on another level, I should have died this day. But he let me live, not by pity, but to humiliate me. He made me a tool and tortured my life."

"But I survived and escaped. I vowed to become stronger and pay back Malderuine hundred-fold what he did to me."

She inhales deeply.
"Sorry, maybe the rest of my story will come later. But just thinking to this bastard got me much more angry than I expected."

"Anyway, that's why I always scout for opponents. I can do so so thanks to my special trait, Eyes of the Mighty. I can roughly sense the power of other beings thanks to these."

She says pointing at her deep ruby eyes.

"As for your plan, it is a good one. The only problem would be to gather humans attention and get them to come in one place : humans are not so stupid nowadays... Why not play a game to determine whose plan to choose ?"

She picks up a small rock.
"If you guess which hand is holding the rock, we will go with your plan. So ? Left or right ?"

Glint the Elemental Arcanivore

[DEAD END BWAHAHA]
[2] You run away with the child on your back, but soon reach a dead end ! The monster is blocking your only exit, this is bad.

Tirim Diplomacy Roll :
[4] Tirim is shaking, terrified. But gathering his courage, he manages to talk to the insect monster :
"P..Please wait ! W...we d..didn't meant to invade your territory !"

The monster stops, and asks :
"Mmh, is that so ?"

Gray the Metaldee
"I'm Gray and this is Brown. We were blobs from the alchemy lab. The Golden Sentinel shared with us some of the crown pieces you gave them. They tasted...different, and I think whatever was in them is responsible for the changes we underwent. The Golden Sentinel sent us here believing that you would be able to help us find more of whatever was in that crown. Also, what happened to the humans that used to be here, Dovarus?"

Talky stuff.
[Chatting with Dovarus]
Dovarus listens to you mindfully. He then answers :
"I see, what the Golden Sentinel were the remnant of a lifeforce container that a friend of mine used to acquire more power. It seems there was enough lifeforce in there to make you transform, impressive."

You ask what is "lifeforce".
"Lifeforce or Essence is a substance or energy present in every humans and monsters. You can gather it by killing and/or consuming creatures, or by finding natural lifeforce receptacles."

Then he takes a more grave tone when speaking about this kingdom fate :
"This kingdom was once called Valern, and it died long ago. All its subjects died with it or fled. It began with the death of the king Arenus, a close friend of I, who was assassinated by his own brother. The brother was a tyrannic king and he eventually became mad because of a terrible curse. Then, civil war rose and destroyed the kingdom from within. A sad but tragically common story of fallen kingdoms."

He then takes a familiar object out of a pot.
"Those are the last shards of the crown. I will give them to you."

You gobble down the shards, and feel the same feeling as before.
You gain 1 essence

Snehk the Stalker
Find a safe spot to rest. Only worse monstrosity would attack a hag like me anyways.
[Finally some rest]
[4] You find a safe haven in the form of a small unused cave. You rest there, recovering slowly.
You recover all your HP

Monsters :

Spoiler: Caedan the Vampire (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Snehk the Stalker (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Gray the Metaldee (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 06:48:40 pm by Nakéen »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: February 29, 2016, 03:25:58 am »

((I'm loving Astrosa character too much :/
It makes me miss Ferratus and Kardassus, they had a nice story arc planned.))

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: February 29, 2016, 04:03:59 am »

((I'm loving Astrosa character too much :/
It makes me miss Ferratus and Kardassus, they had a nice story arc planned.))
((I concur. Even Ulkas starts to relax a bit, seeing as she doesn't want to eat him.
It's quite interesting how her story goes and in which direction I could influence her future... As I see it now, Astrosa is quite literally broken - in mind and in personality - yet tries to mend herself back, with various degree of success. Though prolonged interaction with Ulkas seems to have positive effect on her stability - her different sides seem a bit more in tune with each other now.))

"Well, with this kind of past, I'm impressed even more that you let me live. I am thankful for this, Astrosa, and will help you however I can... Ahem. No cheating, I assume? Right hand, then. Let's see how we'll kill those mortals."

However initial phase goes, my main role in combat should be support controller, wrecking chaos onto enemy lines while Astrosa tears them asunder.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: February 29, 2016, 05:37:10 am »

KILL IT. KILLITKILLITKILLITKILLITKILLIT...!
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: February 29, 2016, 06:42:50 am »

Do I get essence from killing humans?

Ooh idea.

Absorb the essence of all the dead humans and all the fallen monsters. Muahahah.

Hmm. This is bad. Use my smashy abilities against that door which is blocking our escape, and rally the monsters once again.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: February 29, 2016, 07:21:58 am »

((It makes me miss Ferratus and Kardassus, they had a nice story arc planned.))
((Me too. Hopefully they're enjoying the afterlife.))

"Well, not anymore. I decided to explore the forest to see if I could find anything interesting and ended up getting myself lost. I just managed to find my way out now. Tell me, hu- fellow travelers, what are the happenings in the world? I've been wandering for a long time now, so I'm rather out of the loop at the moment. Oh, and if you could tell me what places lie nearby, I'd be grateful. I'm not familiar with this area."

Talk with the humans. Size them up during our conversation. Should they realize that I'm not a human and turn hostile, boil'em all.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: February 29, 2016, 07:31:52 am »

Glint nods his head.

No, we certainly didn't. We've been wandering the caverns in search of an exit or something more interesting than rock walls (and boy, I should be careful what I wish for). We stumbled upon your territory by accident.

Say that. And recover MP?
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 146