Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 146

Author Topic: You are a Monster RTD - Epilogues  (Read 295842 times)

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
Re: You are a (weak) Monster RTD [9/9]
« Reply #225 on: February 17, 2016, 07:04:16 pm »

Stay at a distance and treat the hunters to my new breath attack. If any more archers aim at me, try getting them appropriately mesmerized.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: February 17, 2016, 07:12:12 pm »

((Welp, time to add a dash of insanity to Ferratus))

Ferratus speaks to himself, though his voice feels distorted... and wrong somehow. "This rush of power... I like this feeling. But it's not enough."

Go somewhere. Whether back to the forest or a new place, doesn't matter. Find a body. Any body, living or dead (with the exception of that skeleton. It proved useful, and that dagger should not be trifled with). I need it.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 07:21:56 pm by Hawk132 »
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: February 17, 2016, 07:16:04 pm »

Now we shall poison it again, that should end it but if not we will still consume more of it, perhaps we will turn it into a liveing hive?
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: February 17, 2016, 07:18:39 pm »

Dahak flexes his... Bones? Revenge was the only goal in his mind. In fact, he doesn't know much of anything in regards to goals, he just knows he woke up in a graveyard, and felt a need to scare things. In the back of his mind, the image that flashed on his mind still disturbs him.

Eh, don't know about you, but I don't feel like playing undead hobo in this now less than haunted abandoned village. You seem like you... Want to be left alone? Hey, thats fine by me, even if you guys make decent meat shields.

Dahak keeps his new stabbing implement close, just in case. Conveniently, an empty ribcage is a rather decent place to keep stuff in. Still can't help but to feel uneasy at having the damn thing so close.

Search around the village and general surroundings, trying find whats close by, and maybe a lead on where to go next.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: February 17, 2016, 07:39:56 pm »

((I read through my new abilities again and it looks like I'll have to change my concept from relatively stealthily taking people over and strengthening them against their will to a more obvious form. Outright forcing myself on people or tempting them with promises of power and using them as fuel (also, going through hosts (well, the word victim is now much more appopriate) much quicker). In other words - bitch, I eat people. I think I'll call it Armored Horror.))

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: February 17, 2016, 07:46:48 pm »

(Happy to see that 1 transformation rolls doesn't mean you get sucky abilities. Your transformations actually look slot like your planned ones, only tooled differently.)
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: February 17, 2016, 07:53:06 pm »

(Happy to see that 1 transformation rolls doesn't mean you get sucky abilities. Your transformations actually look slot like your planned ones, only tooled differently.)

((...Well, my abilities aren't bad, per se, but I feel that I might be in danger of exploding.))

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: February 17, 2016, 08:16:39 pm »

(Yes, I didn't want to penalize transformations, it would be so unfair. Instead, I try to take inspiration from the wished traits/skills and repurpose them depending on the situation. It's great fun.)

((...Well, my abilities aren't bad, per se, but I feel that I might be in danger of exploding.))
(As long as you don't get a [1], you should be safe, mwahaha...)

(Oh, and trivia. If Coolrune had rolled a 1 with his Squishy, I would have turned it into a slime girl :P )
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 08:18:10 pm by Nakéen »

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: February 17, 2016, 09:04:28 pm »

((Dammit, Rune! Why didn't you roll a 1? But yeah, Corrupted Armor is like Parasite, although with its priorities changed. Things like masquerading as an adventurer are out of the window because it's obvious that the armor is bad news, but that means that I can focus on draining my victims strength. Combat prowess instead of subterfuge.))

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: February 17, 2016, 09:30:28 pm »

Turn 18

Robobert the Beige Clay-Wood Giant
Now that my foes are held down by roots, I raise my fists and slam them down hard on each of them, being sure to avoid my friend's roots.
"Damnit ! A Sylvarian !" shouts one of the restrained men.
"Don't worry for the roots friend ! They aren't mine !" yells Arbos in your direction.
[3+1] Hearing this, you slam the three helpless men with full force ! You slam relentlessly, until they are reduced in an unrecognizable pile of goo. Their essence flows to you.
You gain 3 essences

"Fascinating" remarks Arbos.

"Eram ! Diorn !" yells a stunned man.
"Bord, one of us has to flee and report back to the guild ! Go ! I will hold off this monster !" shouts the other.

One of the human stands back up and run away. The other get back into a battle stance, picking back his axe and shield.
The last one is still unconscious from the impact with the boulder.

Ulkas the Quasit
"I am ready."

Test? Certainly easier than surviving one mayadere.
"Simple" the Sentinel says.
"The last King became mad because of a cursed relic. The fool. I just want you to wear the relic. If you survive, then it will means you are worthier than this stupid king. I believe this is what Dovarus has in mind."

The Sentinel then open the Vault and goes into it. It quickly comes out with a magnificent large golden crown set with magnificent jewels. A huge jewel, the size of a hand, is set in the middle of the upward "spine".

The Sentinel hands it to you and says :
"This is the Cursed Crown. The cause of the demise of this king and country. Now wear it."

Shiny the Earth Mana Shard
Try to force the earth elemental crystals on the creature's back to explode. That ought to stop it for a while. While it is stunned from that, ping some mana sparks at it.
[2] You try to make earth crystals on its back detonate, but there are too many interferences. It seems the Crystaloid can control its own crystals !
[2] You don't lose your time and immediately launch a mana spark at it ! But the monster protect itself with one of its numerous arms, shrugging the bolt away.
You lose 3MP
Crystaloid roll :
[6] The Forar Crystaloid rears up a little. You feel an increase of elemental energy in the air, and you understand at the last minute what is going to happen.
Suddenly the Crystaloid opens his mouth and breathe an extremely powerful elemental energy beam !
[1] You are totally caught by surprise by the attack, and are caught directly in the attack. The intense energy melt away your crystalline structure, and sap some of your mana !
You lose 11 HP
You lose 6 MP
The Crystaloid over-exerted itself with this attack, and is now recovering from the effort.

? the Aradian Mirage Beetle Lord
Well, I should of expected all of this. I was a commoner in fancy Chitin...He would think as he attempts to reconcile with the offended princess.
"Forgive me your highness, this is my first time courting and I was ill prepared for it.. I will do whatever it takes to earn your favor if you will give me a second chance.."

Sounding halfway between hopeless and regretful, he would make his plea to the princess.
(them rolls though.)
[5] (Yiiis !)
Your pleas didn't go unheard. The princess stops, and turn toward you. She bows to you and apologize :
"I should be the one apologizing, sorry for doubting you. I shouldn't have reacted with such impulsion."

She seems charmed by your clumsy honesty. You then explain everything, your travel, your transformation, and your goal.
The glory of the Hive, by extending its territory. And by that, you need a Queen. You asks her to be this Queen.

She listens closely and accepts your proposition.
"It will be my honor. Every princess of this hive dreams of creating her own hive. But the egotistical Queen keeps us imprisoned in this prison. As a last formality, will you dance for me ?"

She is talking about the Aradian courting dance. You execute yourself, skillfully moving your wings and arms, weaving together a powerful choreography.

The princess answers by joining the dance, signifying she accepts your courting. The formalities done, you quit the cell and speak to the guard. The courting is successful, we will be able to leave and form a new hive. Overjoyed, the Aradian Beetle then leaves and tell you to meet at the West hive entrance later. The migration will begin there.

Glint the Unstable Elemental Calcivore
Stay at a distance and treat the hunters to my new breath attack. If any more archers aim at me, try getting them appropriately mesmerized.
[4] As soon as the hunters came into range of your breath, you unleash a powerful breath of mixed ice and electricity ! It actually hurts you a little, but the results are incredible.
You lose 1 HP
You lose 4 MP
Riders rolls :
3d6 : [3, 1, 3] The two front riders are caught in the breath and feel their body contracting violently because of the electricity, and  number because of the ice. They fall on the ground. The last one isn't so lucky. The combination violently stops his heart, and he falls dead on the roll.

Ferratus the Corrupted Armor
((Welp, time to add a dash of insanity to Ferratus))

Ferratus speaks to himself, though his voice feels distorted... and wrong somehow. "This rush of power... I like this feeling. But it's not enough."

Go somewhere. Whether back to the forest or a new place, doesn't matter. Find a body. Any body, living or dead (with the exception of that skeleton. It proved useful, and that dagger should not be trifled with). I need it.
[4] Without a word, you leave the skeleton to his own devices. You feel changed. As for Kardassus, he too feels different.
You decide to head further ahead, to the West. You walk a long distance silently, not speaking a word. Kardassus is strangely silent too.
Then you come across a young boy driving a cart hauled by a mule. Aah, life. He sees you, and shouts :
"Oy mister knight ! Or adventurer ? D'ya need help ?"

"Yes" you answer with a hungry voice.

Brood Queen J9622-5 the Poisonous Xenotrath Swarm
Now we shall poison it again, that should end it but if not we will still consume more of it, perhaps we will turn it into a liveing hive?
[6] You order your remaining Xenotraths to unleash all their poison at once. The effect is deadly : its flesh and cartilage melt away extremely fast. So fast that an articulation is melted, and the tail part fall far away on the ground with your swarm inside, because of the dragon wild movements.

The Shegarian then looks angrily at the tail and inspires deeply.

Dahak the Spooky really Scary Skeleton
Dahak flexes his... Bones? Revenge was the only goal in his mind. In fact, he doesn't know much of anything in regards to goals, he just knows he woke up in a graveyard, and felt a need to scare things. In the back of his mind, the image that flashed on his mind still disturbs him.

Eh, don't know about you, but I don't feel like playing undead hobo in this now less than haunted abandoned village. You seem like you... Want to be left alone? Hey, thats fine by me, even if you guys make decent meat shields.

Dahak keeps his new stabbing implement close, just in case. Conveniently, an empty ribcage is a rather decent place to keep stuff in. Still can't help but to feel uneasy at having the damn thing so close.

Search around the village and general surroundings, trying find whats close by, and maybe a lead on where to go next.
[1] You look around the village, trying to figure out where you are and where you could go.
You don't find anything, but something find you. You feel an indescribable chill in your bony back, and you turn back.

A grotesque humanoid being the size of a man is standing before you. But it is not a man, nor is it alive.
It has no face. It is made of the same ectoplasmic mass as the amalgamate. But without souls inside it, its surface and appearance is eerily clean. It is a tad bloated, and begin walking toward you.

A word flashes into your mind, you know what this thing is from your previous life. A Corruptor. Malevolent beings that twist the mind and steal souls, to corrupt and torment them. It was probably the source of the amalgamate here now that you think of it.

Monsters :

Spoiler: Ulkas the Quasit (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Snehk the Hidden (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 09:58:23 pm by Nakéen »

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: February 17, 2016, 09:35:26 pm »

Rapidly float backwards making high pitched beeps. Keep trying to detonate the crystals on its back. If the monster is not hindered by this and keeps following me, retreat to that red snake dude. He seemed capable enough.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: February 17, 2016, 09:37:37 pm »

We shall split again.
I shall Consume the tail.
The rest of the swarm will assult the beast through the large hole in it.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: February 17, 2016, 09:38:08 pm »

"YOU CHASE MAN-THING! I FIGHT OTHERS!"

I go into my own battle stance, looming over the human with axe and shield. Slowly lumbering my way toward, him, I throw a Clay Ball at him, then charge forward, trampling him
Yep, the sig is here
I am a Christian

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: February 17, 2016, 09:42:38 pm »

"I've slain a rather powerful monster and some of its bits got stuck on my breastplate. I'd be grateful if you'd help me in removing this."

Walk towards the boy in a friendly manner. Should he realize my true nature rush him and throw him to the ground. Force myself on him once I have the chance.

"This your new home. Sweet dreams."
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 09:47:17 pm by Hawk132 »

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: February 17, 2016, 09:44:45 pm »

(I think The Corruptor got to you, Hawk. I see why people are generally so scared of undead)
Yep, the sig is here
I am a Christian
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 146