Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 146

Author Topic: You are a Monster RTD - Epilogues  (Read 294750 times)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a (weak) Monster RTD [6/?]
« Reply #90 on: February 16, 2016, 12:55:39 pm »

Turn 8

Robobert the Clay Giant
I follow the golem
[6] You follow closely the Golem as he takes a specific path in the forest. You walk together a small distance, and reach another clearing. You notice a peculiar detail though : there is a lone dead tree in the center of it.
Gord stops and turns toward you :
"Here dangerous beast. Kill it together. Then you see."

He begins clapping his rocky hands, generating a lot of noise. The dead tree begins to move, and uproots from his location.
With crackling sound of wood, it walks menacingly toward you.

Ferratus the Animated Armor
"Your skills will be a great help, my friend. And gauging from your memories, it appears as if you also seek vengeance. Should an opportunity come, rest assured. For I will take it for you."

Continue my trek through the woods.
"Thanks Ferratus. Let us accomplish great things." answers your soul buddy. When he tells your name, you also realize you know his : Kardassus.

[5] You continue your trek through the woods, undisturbed by any hostile being. Eventually, you reach a lake. Kardassus memories surfaces, you know there is something useful there.
You walk into the cold water, though you don't feel cold nor heat. The water reach your shoulders, and you continue. Then you stop, and search for something in the lake floor.
Your armored hand grabs unto some handle. This is what your were looking for.

"This...was mine. Now, it will be yours."

You extract your finding, revealing a bronze axe. It's a bit mossy and wet, but it resisted the rust. Searching again, you eventually find a bronze lance and a shield.

You walk back to the shore with all this arsenal.

Shiny the Mana Shardling
Shiny, now more confident in his new form, tapped the giant Crystal lightly as a symbol of thanks, then floated his way back to the cave he started in, eager for any fight.
You thank the crystal, and it seems to respond with a faint glow or maybe you imagined it.
[1] You float back to the cave you started in, but the ground and walls begin to shake violently. And suddenly, the ceiling collapses !
You lose 3 HP
You managed to avoid getting crushed under the falling rock, but your path is now blocked. You can only go deeper now...

Brood Queen J9622-5 the Xenotrath Swarm
We Shall move to the forest.
Your swarm flies north, toward the forest. You still can't help but be fascinated by the vast green plain, and are eager to see and eat more new things.
[1] The forest is eventually in sight. As your swarm keeps flying toward the tree nest, undisturbed.
Until a fast creature snatches with great speed at your squad, eating a portion of it.
You lose 3 HP

Your swarm detect the aggressor : a large bloated amphibian with spikes bulging from his back.

? the Aradian Mirage Beetle
silence the creature with a leg over it's breathing orfice, and begin mindwiping it with a steady drone from my wings. It has potential, and I shall make full use of it.
[1] ((three successive '1' !))
Realizing the creature potential, you push your leg on his seemingly breathing orifice to silence it. But you miss it, and instead become entangles in a piece of its "secondary skin" that has detached ! What is this ?
Taking advantage of the situation, the creature manages to push you back and you feel a sharp pain in your leg : a cut, and ichor dripping. It has claws ?!
You lose 2 HP

The human is now standing up, armed with a dagger.

Glint the Calcivore
Spoiler: Monster (click to show/hide)
You begin to awaken as the dawn rays stimulate your glassy skin.
You are in a crystalline wasteland of quartz.

Monsters :

Spoiler: Ulkas the Quasit (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Glint the Calcivore (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 01:56:34 am by Nakéen »

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 16, 2016, 12:58:35 pm »

What I think of as Robobert, only pink and more bumpy

Walk towards the tree-thing, hands high in the air, ready for smashing.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 01:03:03 pm by Salsacookies »
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 16, 2016, 01:01:30 pm »

Reach the human while it still sleeps, inflict poison - and try to see the extent of my control abilities.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 16, 2016, 01:02:25 pm »

We shall Slay the Aggressor and Eat it's remains.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 16, 2016, 01:05:55 pm »

(Is this still accepting new entries? This looks fun :v)
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 16, 2016, 01:07:32 pm »

(Is this still accepting new entries? This looks fun :v)
(Yeah yeah, still open. Though it's beginning to get crowdy here, but I'm still fine. Updates will be a bit slower than in the beginning though)

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
Re: You are a (weak) Monster RTD [7/?]
« Reply #96 on: February 16, 2016, 01:21:05 pm »

Explore. Maybe look for interesting crystal formations?

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 16, 2016, 01:23:33 pm »

(Don't overwhelm yourself. I think 7 is a good number. Lucky Number 7!)
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 16, 2016, 01:28:08 pm »

(Fair enough, I'll be posting it here, if you decide you won't be able to handle too many creatures, I can always wait the next game.)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 01:40:05 pm by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 16, 2016, 01:42:11 pm »

With the axe, shield and lance somehow strapped to Ferratus' armor, we shall walk further through this forest. Perhaps our faint memories will find us a way outside. But before all that, let us search for something to battle. I haven't fought for so long that I am literally rusty.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 16, 2016, 01:49:03 pm »

Strike the human down with a slap of my leg, and attempt to pin them again. Kick the dagger away and resume the Mindwipe.
(Damn you dungeonmerasmus!)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 01:56:29 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 16, 2016, 02:06:32 pm »

(Don't overwhelm yourself. I think 7 is a good number. Lucky Number 7!)
((thanks for your concern ! I think I will lock at 7 as you said. I must admit I'm beginning to slowly be overwhelmed, in part because of my other RTD))

Dahak the Spooky Skeleton
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You rise in a foggy graveyard. There is an abandoned village east, and a forest west.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
Re: You are a (weak) Monster RTD [7/7]
« Reply #102 on: February 16, 2016, 02:31:37 pm »

Welp, looks like I'm going deeper. Try to absorb some mana from nearby mana crystals and convert it into health as I go.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 16, 2016, 02:53:51 pm »

Turn 9

Robobert the Clay Giant
Walk towards the tree-thing, hands high in the air, ready for smashing.
[3] You walk toward the dead moving tree, and ready yourself to smash it. Once in close range, you smash its body, making it stumble !
[1] Gord misses the tree as you smash it away. He stumbles because of the momentum, and the tree loses its balance and fall heavily on the Golem, severely hurting Gord in the process.

Ulkas the Quasit
Reach the human while it still sleeps, inflict poison - and try to see the extent of my control abilities.
[5] Like a shadow, you sneak on the human and pierce the human's skin with your claw. The slim man wakes up in a panic, but the poison acts immediately and with potent effect. The muscles stiffen, and the helpless human is now your toy.
[3+1] You focus your energy, and touch the head of the human with your clawed hands.
You lose 3 MP

His mind is complex, but simple altogether. You slowly and surely invade its mind. It tries to fight back, but to no avail.
Soon, he is totally under your control.

You begin by questioning the human :
"Where do you come from human ? And what are you doing here ?"

He answers with a toneless voice :
"From a village to the west, beyond the monster-infested Elon Woods. Looking for adventure, I went into the forest. I lost my way into the woods, and ended up here."
"

Brood Queen J9622-5 the Xenotrath Swarm
We shall Slay the Aggressor and Eat it's remains.
[6] The angry cloud of Xenotraths angrily swarms at the amphibian. Its skin is softer than the Silver Hunter, and Xenotraths fangs easily rip away its flesh. As they dwell deeper into its flesh, a strange vapor is emitted from the amphibian.
Poison ! Your warriors and servants fall like flies, the deeper they are !

You lose 3HP

Shiny the Mana Shardling
Welp, looks like I'm going deeper. Try to absorb some mana from nearby mana crystals and convert it into health as I go.
[5] Deeper it is then. You float past the crystal, and disappear into the darkness. Caverns surroundings are getting darker, only your own light is lighting up the path. Silence is reigning, only sometime disturbed by the sound of a water drop echoing in the soundless caverns.
Further and deeper, a faint glow catches your attention. Crystals ? You head toward the light.

Indeed, you arrive in a strange cave. Crystals pave the wall and ceiling, like in your old home, but those are different. There are many colors, it's your first time seeing some of them. Red, green, blue, yellow... it's amazing. You manage to absorb enough mana to repair yourself.
You have recovered all your HP
Something moves. You stay alert. This something stands up, an serpentine red crystal being.

He trembles, shakes and contort, producing high-pitched sounds. He is communicating with you in the sound language.
"Greeting. It's the first time I see a being such as you in this place. I am Karalion Kilakatine, the red crystal snake. I mean no harm, what is your name and goal ?"

Ferratus the Animated Armor
With the axe, shield and lance somehow strapped to Ferratus' armor, we shall walk further through this forest. Perhaps our faint memories will find us a way outside. But before all that, let us search for something to battle. I haven't fought for so long that I am literally rusty.
[2] You head back toward the forest, looking for something to battle. To no avail, the forest is so silent.
You keep wandering, eventually noticing what look like a village not too far away.

? the Aradian Mirage Beetle
Strike the human down with a slap of my leg, and attempt to pin them again. Kick the dagger away and resume the Mindwipe.
[4] vs [1] : The bipedal creature loses his balance and fall because of the sandy ground. You easily pin him again, and disarm him
[6] You begin mindwiping the creature. The creature slowly weaken, his mind invaded by the Hive. And finally, it is mindwiped, at least you think.
You try to make it move, but it doesn't obey. Checking closer, the creature is dead, not having stood the mindwipe. Was it that weak ?

Glint the Calcivore
Explore. Maybe look for interesting crystal formations?
[4] You know this place very well. Except from a special place, rumored to hide some secret. You head toward said place.
You arrive in some sort of crystal shrine-like formation. Pillars of quartz rising, and a lone crystal in the middle. Said crystal is not a mineral, you can feel it.
But you also catch glimpse of the guardian of the place. A bright-red tri-legged crystal creature with two arm-blades. It's a Pyrolith, a rare creature you heard of in rumors.

Monsters :

Spoiler: Ulkas the Quasit (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Glint the Calcivore (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 01:56:50 am by Nakéen »

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 16, 2016, 02:57:51 pm »

Perhaps I struck it down too hard. Regardless, It will make a decent meal.Take it back to our queen after having our own fill.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 146