Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: Tower of the Archwizard RTD (Recruiting, Unlimited Players)  (Read 11569 times)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tower of the Archwizard RTD (Recruiting, Unlimited Players)
« Reply #60 on: February 14, 2016, 12:06:16 am »

The ceiling ?

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 14, 2016, 12:12:56 am »

The ceiling ?
I mean, can't someone just stand outside the tower, fly to the top, then teleport inside?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 14, 2016, 12:17:48 am »

Or bash through the wall.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 14, 2016, 01:52:26 am »

Search the books for new words to use in magic. Maybe we will get lucky.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 14, 2016, 03:22:24 am »

Cast: Chaos, AOE, Power=Order; on myself.
[3]
The air screams, your blood turns green and idols begin attacking each other as well as you. Your vision begins to grow black at the edges. Your scalp whispers secrets of the perfect jelly roll recipe to your nose.

"Uggh... SMAsh... SMASH!"

Smash the serpent again.
[6]
You smash the serpent with your heavy warhammer, pounding it into a fine bloody paste. A bauxite statue to your right laughs uproariously. Even as you vomit golden bile, you feel your burn wounds fading into grisly scars.

You have levelled up! Choose one new word or trait.

Wait, recuperate, then attempt to sacrifice my eye, Odin-style. (not a limb, I suppose?)
[5-2] (Though the brackets specified removing limbs, before them I specified the fear was of self-mutilation, that's what I meant and just didn't write it clear enough in the brackets. Thus the malus applies.)
You scream as you rip out your eye with your bare hand and throw it at the ice portal. You nearly pass out from the pain as you begin to stagger forward, the smell of vomit intensifying. Do you enter the icy rectangle?

Otu marvels at his newfound...err, power ? He brushes it off. As long as it doesn't hurt, well, it doesn't hurt. Furthermore he has some kind of light source, so he is kinda happy.
Not wanting to burden himself with more crowns, he decides to leave the room.
[5]
You leave the room, hearing the barking laugh of a Terror Jackal from around the corner. It seems the thing was attracted by the crown's screams.

Search the books for new words to use in magic. Maybe we will get lucky.
[1]
You find what appears to be a promising book, but was in fact a magical trap! Your eyes bleed as you feel your very sanity beginning to crumble. You are struggling to look away.

Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)
You appear on a walkway hanging above a seemingly endless void. Candles hang to the sides in the void. Your are barely able to stay on the narrow walkway, some of your bulk hanging off the edges. Your way forward is blocked by the moaning ghosts of librarians. Behind you can hear the baying of hounds.

The ceiling ?
I mean, can't someone just stand outside the tower, fly to the top, then teleport inside?
The demon bats. Also permanent magic storms, vengeful angels and a few other stuff. Suffice to say that it's definitely easier to try from the inside than the outside.

Inventory: Mana Blaster, Mana Battery, Mana Collector, Pack (for carrying stuff in)
No.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 03:25:04 am by Demonic Spoon »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 14, 2016, 03:33:43 am »

You leave the room, hearing the barking laugh of a Terror Jackal from around the corner. It seems the thing was attracted by the crown's screams.

Otu Yhm sighs and tries to open a conversation with the crown :
"Oy buddy, look like you were too noisy. Next time you have something to say, speak properly and less loudly."

He then heads toward the Terror Jackal and lunges at it with a fierce battle cry, shouting the names of his ancestors !
"Atma Radul, Aro Vihra !"

((By the way, will there be a chance to meet some fellow audacious battle-magi ?))

Spoiler: Otu Yhm, the Sauroid (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 03:40:14 am by Nakéen »

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 14, 2016, 03:40:15 am »

Otu Yhm sighs and tries to open a conversation with the crown :
"Oy buddy, look like you were too noisy. Next time you have something to say, speak properly and less loudly."
The crown continues screaming

He then heads toward the Terror Jackal and lunges at it with a fierce battle cry, shouting the names of his ancestors !
"Atma Radul, Aro Vihra !"
[5]
You rush around the corner, screaming with bloodthirst. The jackal seems surprised, which gives you the needed seconds to grab the thing with your fire hands. It yowls in pain as its purple fur burns, releasing acrid smoke.

((By the way, will there be a chance to meet some fellow audacious battle-magi ?))
((yes))

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 14, 2016, 03:47:52 am »

All the while fighting, Otu yells at the crown :"Ar, you are pissing me off buddy ! Say something else for a change !"

You rush around the corner, screaming with bloodthirst. The jackal seems surprised, which gives you the needed seconds to grab the thing with your fire hands. It yowls in pain as its purple fur burns, releasing acrid smoke.

Now that he is close to his enemy, Otu shouts : LIGHT ! INVISIBILITY ! targeting himself. Once invisible, he drops the screaming crown to disorient the Jackal and tries to turn around it to backstab it with his spear.

((Can't wait to be backstabbed by a fellow magus !))

Spoiler: Otu Yhm the Sauroid (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 03:50:02 am by Nakéen »

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 14, 2016, 03:54:21 am »

All the while fighting, Otu yells at the crown :"Ar, you are pissing me off buddy ! Say something else for a change !"

Now that he is close to his enemy, Otu shouts : LIGHT ! INVISIBILITY ! targeting himself. Once invisible, he drops the screaming crown to disorient the Jackal and tries to turn around it to backstab it with his spear.

((Can't wait to be backstabbed by a fellow magus !))

[2]
The corridor grows dimmer as you become see-through. You try to remove the crown, but find it glued to your head! You note that the fire coming from your hands remains perfectly visible despite your own semi-invisibility. The Jackal blocks your attempts to sneak behind it with ease, and then howls! You lock up in terror, struggling to move as existential dread invades your mind. (Malus to next turn's roll)

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 14, 2016, 03:57:22 am »

Yes, I enter. Vomit is not the worst that could happen in one's life.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 14, 2016, 03:59:00 am »

Draw my Zweihander and spin in a complete circle!
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 14, 2016, 04:01:18 am »

[2]
The corridor grows dimmer as you become see-through. You try to remove the crown, but find it glued to your head! You note that the fire coming from your hands remains perfectly visible despite your own semi-invisibility. The Jackal blocks your attempts to sneak behind it with ease, and then howls! You lock up in terror, struggling to move as existential dread invades your mind. (Malus to next turn's roll)

"Tch, Karam Gor be damned !" he curses. Otu jumps backward to put some distance between him and the Terror Jackal.

((Question : is their heat emanating from the Jackal ?))

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 14, 2016, 04:03:36 am »

Yes, I enter. Vomit is not the worst that could happen in one's life.
[6]
You enter. Your ears bleed golden as your mind is assaulted with knowledge. Your empty eye-socket glows yellow as you learn that which should not be known. Your feel your broken arm knitting back together.

You have levelled up. You may choose a new Word or Trait to learn.

Draw my Zweihander and spin in a complete circle!
[4]
You spin madly, chopping up many of the idols close to you. This does not however do anything to the damned pests still clinging to you. Spots of vermillion begin to dance across your vision.

[2]

"Tch, Karam Gor be damned !" he curses. Otu jumps backward to put some distance between him and the Terror Jackal.

[4-1]
You leap back, barely managing to avoid the snapping jaws of the jackal. It's eyes glow a malevolent green as it advances on you, acidic saliva dripping from its maw and sizzling on the obsidian floor...
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 04:09:18 am by Demonic Spoon »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 14, 2016, 04:08:24 am »

You leap back, barely managing to avoid the snapping jaws of the jackal. It's eyes glows a malevolent green as it advances on you.

"This is all or nothing !" thinks Otu.

Gathering his strength in his right arm, he shouts "Atma Radul !" and throws the spear at the Jackal !

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 14, 2016, 04:14:17 am »

You leap back, barely managing to avoid the snapping jaws of the jackal. It's eyes glows a malevolent green as it advances on you.

"This is all or nothing !" thinks Otu.

Gathering his strength in his right arm, he shouts "Atma Radul !" and throws the spear at the Jackal !

[3]
You throw your spear, impaling it in the side of the Jackal. It yips angrily, but leaps at you, managing to grab a hold of your calf. It pierces your scales like nothing, flesh melting and bleeding. You desperately beat at its head, burning its ears.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9