Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 40

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia LIX: The Train - Game Over  (Read 62345 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LIX: The Train - Daybreak (Day 2)
« Reply #345 on: April 13, 2016, 10:28:56 pm »

Hmmm.  Okay, that makes sense.  I'll have to do some more reading on Mafiascum.
IC:
It's not a bad choice, but remember that our meta is slightly different from theirs. With our Day starts, we don't have some of their capabilities, but we do gain a few things. I believe our Day game is a bit stronger because of our reliance on it, but we're also more prone to distractions due to our short Day lengths. It's complicated, but what can you do?

Mainly, think of it like you would if you were buying something you really wanted from a stranger: Is this guy lying to you, or is he giving you a good deal? You'll know after you buy it, but after that, well, your money is gone.

doomchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Official Pace Car for the Apocalypse
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: April 13, 2016, 10:30:05 pm »

Wait, so those tells even differ from board to board?  Wow.  That is way more variable than I would have expected.
Quote from: webadict
I could care less what you are now, because what you will be is dead.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: April 13, 2016, 10:42:24 pm »

Think of scumtells less of as rules, and more of as guidelines. They vary depending on people and circumstances, but are good things to watch out for.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: April 13, 2016, 10:55:03 pm »

Response to webadict's post in which he voted me.

Spoiler: Wall of Text (click to show/hide)
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: April 14, 2016, 09:41:31 pm »

Well.

Extend. If we're going to waste the day, might as well waste every little bit we can get.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

O.Wilde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LIX: The Train - Daybreak.
« Reply #350 on: April 14, 2016, 10:50:15 pm »

Day 2 has been extended again. No more extensions are possible today.

Day 2 ends 4/19/16 at 23:59:59 in 121 hours.

doomchild, webadict, Gentlefish, and Silthuri have been prodded.

AbstractTraitorHero and Elephant Parade have been warned. If they do not post in 36 hours (12 hour extension because I don't think they're currently under a prod) they will be replaced.
What could pre-industrial societies do, run a bunch of cattle off a cliff? Boo fucking hoo I'll be crying for them while I just dump these litres of acidic chemicals into this river. Scrubs.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: April 15, 2016, 12:16:59 am »

I was waiting for hector13's response to my post, but it never came. That's not a full excuse, though, since I do still have things to say and things to respond to.

Actually only one of those could be even considered a bandwagon which is snowdwarf but I voted him because as it says in the quoted post I felt he was evasive and dodging questions and that felt scummy to me.Gentlefish which I assume is the other bandwagon your talking about I actually was beaten to the punch by someone else why I was writing that post but I decided to post it anyway after adding some detail about my GE history.
The Gentlefish vote could certainly be considered a bandwagon, though assuming what you said is true—and, though I'm not sure I'm reading it right, it seems kind of plausible—it actually isn't. Still, that leaves the fact that your only real vote is (arguably) a bandwagon—the argument being that your reasons for voting were fairly weak, and your question even weaker—which is really bad. Bad enough for me to keep my vote on you, for the moment.

Now, even if you claim to have reasons of your own for voting him, that doesn't change the fact that you haven't placed a real vote on anyone else. Why haven't you? Are you unable to generate content of your own (because you're scum), or are you afraid of people taking any notice of you (because you're scum)—or have I overlooked something?

ATH: Please answer the question in bold.

(I honestly have no clue what to think about your weird gambit—whether I should file it under "RVS votes", "attacks", "blatant OMGUS", or something else entirely—so I am temporarily pretending it does not exist. I will think on it in the morning, when I am less tired. Though I don't know what it is, I certainly don't think it's a real vote, so the question still stands.)

Quote from: Gentlefish
Do you plan on narrowing your hunt to one or two targets?
I don't really plan my game, targeting-wise—how can you plan stuff like that, really? It's all about who you find suspicious.

At the moment, I'm finding ATH pretty suspicious, but, if I change my mind, I'll probably have to spread out again.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: April 15, 2016, 12:26:00 am »

Answer in bold huh?
I will fully admit my reason's for voting him at the time were weak and stupid it was based off a feeling more then actual evidence I voted him because I got a bad vibe not because other people were voting him.Also the reason's I haven't voted anyone I'm having a hard time reading through all the posts people are not giving me any real vibes or feelings to help me along ultimately it comes down to that I'm having a hard time finding evidence and as such I am having a hard time forming opinions that are solid enough for me to vote someone.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: April 15, 2016, 01:05:19 am »

I was waiting for hector13's response to my post, but it never came. That's not a full excuse, though, since I do still have things to say and things to respond to.

Not really the best excuse, meng. There are other players in the game you can poke and prod :P

Anyhow, you have kinda slid down my scum read list a bit, and I'm in 2 other games (3 other games technically) which have been taking up a bit of time, energy and motivation. I'll get round to a response eventually though...

ATH, still waiting for you to start pressuring two people, like I asked. You now have until Tuesday to do it. Please get to it.

doomchild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: April 15, 2016, 02:57:17 am »

Answer in bold huh?
I will fully admit my reason's for voting him at the time were weak and stupid it was based off a feeling more then actual evidence I voted him because I got a bad vibe not because other people were voting him.Also the reason's I haven't voted anyone I'm having a hard time reading through all the posts people are not giving me any real vibes or feelings to help me along ultimately it comes down to that I'm having a hard time finding evidence and as such I am having a hard time forming opinions that are solid enough for me to vote someone.

Hold on, so your original vote was based on no evidence, just a feeling?  Then why detail could you have to post?

Actually only one of those could be even considered a bandwagon which is snowdwarf but I voted him because as it says in the quoted post I felt he was evasive and dodging questions and that felt scummy to me.Gentlefish which I assume is the other bandwagon your talking about I actually was beaten to the punch by someone else why I was writing that post but I decided to post it anyway after adding some detail about my GE history.

So you did bandwagon snow dwarf, but you didn't bandwagon Gentlefish, even though you had no actual evidence on Gentlefish?

ATH, that just looks scummy as hell.

doomchild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: April 15, 2016, 02:58:34 am »

EBWOP:

Then why what detail could you have to post?

That's what I get for posting at 2:50 AM all hopped up on cold & flu meds.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: April 15, 2016, 02:59:23 am »

Why'd you bold GE experience?

doomchild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: April 15, 2016, 03:01:08 am »

Because you said you added detail of your "GE history".  When you also just said that your vote on Gentlefish wasn't actually based on any evidence.  What "history" could you have had to post if you had no evidence?

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: April 15, 2016, 03:05:26 am »

The Gentlefish thing I clarified as I actually had my post all typed up but I got beaten to the punch with posting but I decided to post what I had typed up still making it look like I bandwagoned when I didn't plus I'm pretty sure that happened in RVS time.no I did not bandwagon snowdwarf in my opinion I wrote my opinion based off my feelings at the time but I had no real evidence beyond those feelings.
GE means general experience meaning I added detail about my general experience playing mafia it's pretty late at night for me so it's possible I'm confusing what that acronym stood for but I think it stood for general experience.

doomchild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: April 15, 2016, 03:08:40 am »

The Gentlefish thing I clarified as I actually had my post all typed up but I got beaten to the punch with posting but I decided to post what I had typed up still making it look like I bandwagoned when I didn't plus I'm pretty sure that happened in RVS time.no I did not bandwagon snowdwarf in my opinion I wrote my opinion based off my feelings at the time but I had no real evidence beyond those feelings.
GE means general experience meaning I added detail about my general experience playing mafia it's pretty late at night for me so it's possible I'm confusing what that acronym stood for but I think it stood for general experience.

Well, shit.  Somehow, I convinced myself internally that you were talking about Gentlefish, although now that I think about it, that would be GF, not GE.  That's it.  I'm not allowed to post after 1:00 AM anymore.

Unvote.  I'm an idiot.  I'm blaming it on the hour and the 600mg of Mucinex battling inside my lungs.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 40