Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18

Author Topic: Darkest Heresy (DH II PbP) (OOC)  (Read 15838 times)

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Darkest Heresy (DH II PbP) (Interest Check)
« Reply #75 on: February 14, 2016, 11:55:19 pm »

Magos is a bit too high up the hierarchy.
I was going to say, I think I'm still just a normal Tech-priest. For now...
Also, how are we looking in terms of specialties? I was considering either a gunslinger or a melee-and-flame duelist.
We've got a Psyker, an Imperial Guardsmen and a Chirurgeon/Techpriest. I think anything you'd like to play, you can.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 11:59:15 pm by My Name is Immaterial »

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 15, 2016, 12:29:55 am »

I thought Magos Biologis was the organization itself? But yeah, he's probably a tech-chirurgeon that adheres to the doctrines of Biology.

Also, how are we looking in terms of specialties? I was considering either a gunslinger or a melee-and-flame duelist.

As MNiI said, the team roster is pretty open, though maybe you'd like to choose the duelist since Twinwolf's got a lasgun.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 15, 2016, 03:20:19 am »

I thought Magos Biologis was the organization itself? But yeah, he's probably a tech-chirurgeon that adheres to the doctrines of Biology.
Sources disagree. Magos Biologis refers to both the Order of the Magos Biologis/Genetors/Divisionis Biologis/Divisio Biologis and high ranking Tech-Priests in the Magos Biologis.

I'm a Lay Biologis Adept.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 15, 2016, 08:36:26 am »

And maybe I could replace the stat I thought I could purchase (which I apparently can't) with a talent? Are there any talents that would cost the amount of exp I'd have left?
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 15, 2016, 11:00:51 am »

Why did no one tell me about this?

I'm interested, of course.

Hmm, it seems there's already a chirurgeon, so there's no point bringing back scowly-medic.
Hmmm.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 15, 2016, 11:04:37 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I added 60 to the points that were there so i did that right right
Added those skill things right
Telepathy
Okay there i did that what next?
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 15, 2016, 11:16:42 am »

I'm interested, of course.

Hmm, it seems there's already a chirurgeon, so there's no point bringing back scowly-medic.
Hmmm.
If it matters, we so far have sheets for a Warrior and a Chirurgeon, a sheet in progress for a Psyker, and people that have expressed interest in but not posted sheets for another Psyker, a third person interested in playing a Psyker, and Caellath has expressed interest in either some kind of gunslinger or a melee and flame duelist. I think that's it for those who have expressed interest.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 15, 2016, 12:10:53 pm »

It's probably because powerful psykers are, well... powerful.

Does 2E have mutants? Because if so, I'm all over the walls after a boltshell that.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 15, 2016, 12:13:37 pm »

According to the "1d4chan" page, yes.

Quote from: That Page
Mutant: (Introduced in Enemies Within) Being a warp-tainted freak forsaken by the Emperor isn't entirely terrible. Sure, you start out with 10 points' worth of corruption and a mutation (obviously), but on the bright side you can choose to fail tests to resist malignancies and mutations and choose to take a mutation in the place of a malignancy.
Starting Traits: One of the following: Amphibious, Dark-Sight, Natural Weapons, Sonar Sense, Sturdy, Toxic (1), Unnatural Agility (1), Unnatural Strength (1), Unnatural Toughness (1)
Starting Skills: Athletics or Acrobatics, Awareness, Deceive or Intimidate, Forbidden Lore (Mutants), Survival
Starting Talents: Weapon Training (Low-tech, Solid Projectile)
Starting Equipment: Shotgun (or stub revolver and great weapon), combat vest, heavy leathers, grapnel and line, magnoculars, 2 doses of Stimm
Starting Aptitude: Fieldcraft or Offense
Sigtext!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 15, 2016, 12:43:38 pm »

Because I forgot and I haven't been on IRC too much. My bad. On that note, mutants are more linear and less canon-compliant in DH2e because FFG forgot the thing with mutants is that many were mutated by sources other than Chaos taint and are therefore unjustly persecuted. In 2e you start with Corruption and your mutant stuff scales with it. Less interesting than in DH or RT, where you could have no corruption and still be shunned by everyone because you have an extra arm or a third nipple.

To anyone going psyker: Try to get Warp Lock asap. It's your only safeguard against exploding into daemons or accidentally making your psyker sing the song that gave birth to the universe to everyone within 3d10 meters.

I'll start crunching after catching up with some crap. I might use one of the alternative worlds, but I'll clear them beforehand. Cheesecake, can you roll my wounds and fate (and divination)? They'll determine the character I'll play. No use trying to go melee if you rolled a beautiful one for wounds.

@Twinwolf: You can only get an Aptitude (and one named after a characteristic, at that) if you double on any of your starting aptitudes, which wasn't the case. You got Intelligence and Fieldcraft from homeworld and background, respectively, and they add to the Warrior's aptitudes without doubling.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 01:20:03 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 15, 2016, 12:53:07 pm »

If we actually end up with a ton of psykers, we might also need an Untouchable. For the non-Psykers to hide behind.

EDIT:
@Twinwolf: You can only get an Aptitude (and one named after a characteristic, at that) if you double on any of your starting aptitudes, which wasn't the case. You got Intelligence and Fieldcraft from homeworld and background, respectively, and they add to the Warrior's aptitudes without doubling.
Right then. So, instead maybe I could get another talent? Any suggestions? The "Talent Picker" from the character generator isn't implemented yet and I don't have the rulebook.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 12:56:34 pm by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 15, 2016, 12:59:18 pm »

I'll take a look at your stuff and suggest something before I work on my sheet. Please standby.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 15, 2016, 01:00:59 pm »

Man, that's lame in comparison to 1e, where you could be a giant, half-snake monstrosity.

I could be a blank, I guess. Tentative dibs.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 15, 2016, 01:02:16 pm »

I'll take a look at your stuff and suggest something before I work on my sheet. Please standby.
I've already removed the aptitude I thought I could buy, so I have 400xp left, if that helps.
Sigtext!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 15, 2016, 01:12:48 pm »

So far you spent 600xp: 200xp for each of Logic, Awareness and Dodge due to having one matching Characteristic each. Your character makes for a good balls-to-the-wall melee character (presence of Strength, Offense, WS, absence of Finesse) and reasonable ranged combatant (again, absence of Finesse but presence of BS and Offense), aptitudes-wise. 250xp for a Toughness advance so your TB is 4 is a good idea since that's one less damage from every attack towards you. Then you could spend 100xp on a WS advance or just save the remaining 150xp.

Alternatively, buy Mighty Shot with those 400xp and now every ranged attack of yours causes two extra damage (half BS bonus, round up). You could get throwing knives so that in the future you up strength and get Blademaster and then your knives get the Mighty Shot plus Str.bonus damage and re-roll missed attacks.

Ninja'd, but yeah.
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18