Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 26

Author Topic: Vengeful Mafia 11: its over town won  (Read 42038 times)

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
Re: Vengeful Mafia 11: Day 1 - It Takes Three Thieves [5/5]
« Reply #90 on: February 14, 2016, 02:59:23 pm »

You call your vote random temp, but admit it wasn't random in fact it was quite deliberate. You wanted to see how someone (reverie) would react.

Random votes are a passing fancy for nonsensical reasons imo.

How did she react? And why was that worthy of changing your vote to person (rev) you suspected all along?
Or not it's cool.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 14, 2016, 03:09:33 pm »

origamiscienceguy:
Reverie: slight scum. Noticing a bit of tunneling on Temp Acc, and something about you just irks me. Not enough to warrent a vote yet.
I beat myself up for thinking people might find me peculiar in general, so irking people might be par for the course :-)
I can't argue against a feeling though, so whenever you come up with something more substantial feel free to prod me with it.

Reverie: Remains scummy to me, the whole ~lol temp u backpedal arguebargle~ thing seemed suspicious at the start when I didn't even suspect her, and from then the scum suspicion has increased. OSG picked it up too, which can mean one of two things->
Why would it matter if you suspected me or not when I confronted you? The 'lol temp u backpedal arguebargle' thing was for catching some deflection from harmlessly RVS questioning OSG when you said:
I'm a lawyerthief, I can smell this stuff from a mile away, which is why I'm not making your mistakes and am keeping an eye on Roo.
...where the bolded part (my supposed mistake) alludes to my
willingness to question OSG
...when just before this you did so yourself.
OrigamiScienceGuy: I have a faint memory of seeing you in the "play with your friends" subsection of the ~other games~ forum. Did you ever take part in dominions 3/4 matches?
Follow that up with your OMGUS when I place some pressure on that, and this is my impression of you in a nutshell. Dodgy.
Do you have anything to attack me with besides being aggressive against you or the roo thing I dropped?

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 14, 2016, 03:13:50 pm »

Oh, and then there's this, of course:
Reverie just became extra suspicious.
OSG's behavior with Roo may be a red herring, which warrants suspicion.

This still means nothing. It's a token gesture placing him at arms length. See where I'm going with this?

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 14, 2016, 03:16:11 pm »

Oh and OSG, only the top part of my above post was meant for you, I forgot to separate it from my response to TempAcc.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 14, 2016, 03:22:58 pm »

INFINITE NINJAS, NINJAS R SCUM
@Roo
Of course it was nonsensical, it was random after all, there was just an abstract reason behind it, but none that made it necessary for the vote to be towards you.

Well, I kinda already said how she reacted already :v, though not fully, so here's a better explanation.

My initial vote on you was random in the sense that I didn't have any idea of who could be what, so I picked you for no real reason to see how people would react to it. I had no reason to vote for reverie at the time, altough she did vote for me, I just took it as a random vote.

After that point, she went a bit on the odd side claiming I was ~backpedalling~, which doesn't make any sense, since I had nothing to backpedal from at the time, and at the same time, she insisted on defining you as townie, while painting me as scum. I thought this was odd, and I figured she was trying to protect you and trying to paint me as scum, so I changed the vote to her to gauge everyone's (and hers, specially) reaction to it. Her actions after that just further solidified her as scum to me, and others seem to be picking up on it. OSG also did mention how she was kinda "tunelling" me, which maaay indicate they're on different teams, meaning I'm either getting a lucky shot on a mafia member or serving as cannon fodder to a mafia plot in which OSG is involved. I dont have enough reads to change my current votes, though.

TL;DR: I didn't suspect reverie all along, I became suspicious after her reaction to my vote on you, and changed my vote to her when she seemingly only reinforced this outlook.

@Reverie:
At the time of the initial post, I was mostly joking and part roleplaying it out (which is something common in every mafia game I played, mind you, and which I'm kinda still doing since I assume this is just what people do :v). There was no special reason for me to claim you made mistakes at the time, altough I guess it did serve as a convenient excuse for you to use against me. Using something so trivial as argument fodder seemed specially ~forced~, among other things already mentioned, which helped cement my current vote on you.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 14, 2016, 04:04:03 pm »

OSG also did mention how she was kinda "tunelling" me, which maaay indicate they're on different teams, meaning I'm either getting a lucky shot on a mafia member or serving as cannon fodder to a mafia plot in which OSG is involved.
At this point, you may as well put on a blindfold, sit in a chair and spin a bit, and pull the trigger.

TL;DR: I didn't suspect reverie all along, I became suspicious after her reaction to my vote on you, and changed my vote to her when she seemingly only reinforced this outlook.

Wait. You think I asserted that I thought Roo was town because of this...
I'm a lawyerthief, I can smell this stuff from a mile away, which is why I'm not making your mistakes and am keeping an eye on Roo.
...and not because I caught roo failing the how-does-scum-work exam? That's the basis for your vote? Can you see how weak this is?

@Reverie:At the time of the initial post, I was mostly joking and part roleplaying it out (which is something common in every mafia game I played, mind you, and which I'm kinda still doing since I assume this is just what people do :v). There was no special reason for me to claim you made mistakes at the time, altough I guess it did serve as a convenient excuse for you to use against me.

I don't think this is a case of my humour detector not working, the below post reads flat as a pancake to me.
Reverie: Not sure if your willingness to question OSG is veteran scars showing up or a not so veiled attempt to shift attention from yourself. When did you join the forums, though?

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 15, 2016, 07:07:26 am »

Wait. You think I asserted that I thought Roo was town because of this...
...and not because I caught roo failing the how-does-scum-work exam? That's the basis for your vote? Can you see how weak this is?

Uh.. Not really? I mentioned it more then once (thrice, actualy) already that, at that point, I was basically throwing random stuff around to catch on people's reactions, and that I became suspicious of you due to your posts after that :v

I don't think this is a case of my humour detector not working, the below post reads flat as a pancake to me.
Reverie: Not sure if your willingness to question OSG is veteran scars showing up or a not so veiled attempt to shift attention from yourself. When did you join the forums, though?

~"At the time of the initial post"~
Also, just because about halfo f my posts aren't completely serious, it doesn't mean it can't have one serious moment every now and then in between the lines. Prodding people is the most common way to get them to react and provide info, anyway :v
None of this is actualy meant as actual offense, anyway, even the saltier parts, I even made this obvious enough with something as cringey as this.
(...)
Even now you remain his caring guardian, a Toriel to his Frisk, but a Flowey to everyone else.

:v
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 15, 2016, 08:06:25 am »

Uh.. Not really? I mentioned it more then once (thrice, actualy) already that, at that point, I was basically throwing random stuff around to catch on people's reactions, and that I became suspicious of you due to your posts after that :v
My posts after that concerning you literally just consisted of bringing attention to the fact that you've OMGUS'd me for reasons I've already stated, and bringing attention to the weaksauce 'red herring' comment that still means nothing. This doesn't include the back-and-forth quipping we've partaken in since.

Anyways, I concede that I've tunnelled you a bit and I need to find reads for other people, too. The town-hunting question from earlier only ended up with me explaining exactly what it means and didn't lead into anything insightful.

I'm a bit busy today, so I'll post more later.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 15, 2016, 11:09:44 am »

I have played with roo enough that stuff like not reading the OP are just things he does. However, I have noticed that when he is scum, he tends to withdaw from the game after RVS. Something to look out for.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 15, 2016, 02:21:43 pm »

Votecount:
*origamiscienceguy - Elephant Parade (1)
*roo - (0)
*Elephant Parade - (0)
*Reverie - TempAcc (1)
*TempAcc - Reverie (1)

Not voting: origamiscienceguy, roo

3 to hammer.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 15, 2016, 02:34:23 pm »

origamiscienceguy:
I have played with roo enough that stuff like not reading the OP are just things he does. However, I have noticed that when he is scum, he tends to withdaw from the game after RVS. Something to look out for.
Okay, so would you consider it a point in his favour that he simply stays in the game against his typical behaviour? (Heh, that rhymes!)
How about if the opposite happened? Would you scrutinise his successor strongly?

roo:
Random votes are a passing fancy for nonsensical reasons imo.
Is this why you have a penchant for not answering RVS questions? Or don't like playing by RVS etiquette in the first place? I am speaking, of course, about the comment OSG made nearer to the start of the game:
Revarie: You seem to be a returning veteran, but I have never played with you. Just to let you know, roo will never answer anything, and he always gets lynched day one because of it.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 15, 2016, 02:36:44 pm »

So I had a post and I rephrased accidentally fml.
Or not it's cool.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 15, 2016, 02:37:18 pm »

Refreshed*
Or not it's cool.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 15, 2016, 02:39:28 pm »

Every few minutes I put the entire post into my clipboard in case something disastrous like that happens. That's if it actually gets long enough to bother :P

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 15, 2016, 02:47:17 pm »

So tl;dr basically I don't believe temps account.

He said that his vote was random and nonsensical but has a "abstract" reason. But it is totally random.

The abstract reason was seeing how reverie would react or act.

Originally I thought the vote was random then it was revealed that it wasn't. I thought oh okay it was a reaction test of sorts. But it was revealed by temp that it wasn't a reaction test and holds to his stance that it was random. It's just a lot of spin.

tempacc

That is -1 btw
Or not it's cool.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 26