Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: Mission 27: Blizzard Team (ready)  (Read 18709 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Mission 27: Blizzard Team
« Reply #105 on: April 19, 2016, 10:18:03 am »

Right, retreat to a safe distance and let the dude from Firestorm blast them. Go cause medical pain to the guy who made the things while the blasting occurs. Ah fuck it, just go somewhere secluded and start talking to Jessit again.
You walk into an empty house and attempt to talk.
[6]
You talk at length about several subjects, most of them in depth medical ones. You basically stonewall any attempts for him to interject.

Be less comatose.

engage in looting activities by using my solid light generator to bitch slap those big shiny crystals everyones fussing over into my transdimensional bag of holding.

You portal the crystal men away and start systematically going through the houses, tossing anything that looks valuable into your portal. And even stuff that does look that valuable. Portal is a mile cubed of space, you got plenty of room.

Let's let DJ Charles explain. No doubt he can do it better than I can. That is, if he does have a message explaining the issue in easily understandable terms.

If that doesn't work, mention that whole 'amps exploding' thing that's been going on. Basically, that's happening. And expanding. And it's not going to stop.

You select the most fitting of Charles' speeches. After it plays you mention that the evacuation has already begun and that its gonna continue regardless of whether or not he helps. There's no reply. He might have turned off the intercom. Or he might be thinking. Hard to say.

Go supervise Avalanche Team at the secondary portal. If I come upon any of them doing anything other than going to the portal or guarding the portal during my journey over there, remind them what they should be doing through application of that heat weapon that came through my suit. Maybe set it for "3rd degree burns" intensity instead of "spontaneous combustion" intensity. Or whatever intensity it needs to be to pierce a MK or MCP suit and get my point across. My point being "get your shit together or burn for it". Unless I have to deal with a crystal monstrosity, at which point shoot it with the HEP Pyramid. Try to minimize collateral damage.
Go post in that thread.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 19, 2016, 10:24:33 am »

...and that's how you repair the fifth of the big bone thing running up your back. So what did we learn?

Quiz him on some topics. Begin teaching him medicine.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 21, 2016, 11:12:04 am »

Wait patiently for a bit. Maybe knock on the door or push the buzzer again.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 24, 2016, 09:20:52 pm »

If this.. town.. is advanced enough to have a pizza joint, surely it has a police station or sherrifs office.

Find it.
if noone is there, loot it.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #109 on: April 25, 2016, 10:08:08 am »

...and that's how you repair the fifth of the big bone thing running up your back. So what did we learn?

Quiz him on some topics. Begin teaching him medicine.
"That you need a medical dictionary"

Thats the rough translation.

Wait patiently for a bit. Maybe knock on the door or push the buzzer again.
After a few minutes a middle age man  half opens the front door of the building and looks out, skittishly. You're getting the feeling this guy is less a cautious, pragmatic ruler and more a coward who dislike the idea of leaving with strangers.

If this.. town.. is advanced enough to have a pizza joint, surely it has a police station or sherrifs office.

Find it.
if noone is there, loot it.

It does, it has a fairly large police station, but there are clearly people still there. Looting it would involve removing them...one way or another. 

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 25, 2016, 10:19:46 am »

Fair point. You talk, then.

Let him talk about something.
Sig! Onol

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 25, 2016, 11:16:01 am »

That's a perfectly valid way to feel when faced with an 8-foot-tall heavily armored stranger. Inform him that it would be a good idea to proceed with the evacuation in an orderly fashion in any case. If he has no executive power to facilitate this on a broader scale, relay him over to Typhoon team and have them deliver the man (and probably his household) to the portal.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 26, 2016, 05:06:11 am »

Waltz in through the front door.

Push anyone in line at the font desk out of the way and play ye olde "recorded evacuation message" to the officer behind the desk.

if no evacuation occurs, go with plan B.

plan B is break through random doors until I find the armory.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 27, 2016, 07:46:18 am »

Quote from: BLOPS Lead Gree to: Veteran teams Blizzard and Firestorm
Greetings. As you know, we are evacuating the universe due to the recent invasion, and a team of us is testing various new locations for humanity to live. We have found several promising universes. One in particular seems well suited to human life. there are a couple of concerns, however. The most relevant one, and one of some interest to some of you, I believe, is that Origin tech is viable there.

I would like to offer one or more of you the opportunity to visit that universe, and make use of whatever Origin tech you are familiar with (we will provide the hardware, if you do not currently retain such), in order to test it's function, and reliability. Of special interest are the side effects from Lurker infestation. I would like to determine if and how those side effects operate in that universe. If interested, please reply and explain which origin tech you are familiar with. I believe the three most prominent categories are Amps, Manipulators, and Synthflesh, but that other examples exist as well.

If you agree to the opportunity, please head to Hephaesus through the portals you have established, and a ship will deliver you to us. In the unlikely event that we get an overabundance of volunteers, I leave it to you or your superiors to decide who is able to come and who should remain. Thank you. Good luck in your ventures.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #114 on: May 05, 2016, 11:35:15 am »

Fair point. You talk, then.

Let him talk about something.
He asks, in less calm and friendly terms, why exactly you disassembled him and ate him.

Admittedly from an outside perspective it does seem rather unfriendly.

That's a perfectly valid way to feel when faced with an 8-foot-tall heavily armored stranger. Inform him that it would be a good idea to proceed with the evacuation in an orderly fashion in any case. If he has no executive power to facilitate this on a broader scale, relay him over to Typhoon team and have them deliver the man (and probably his household) to the portal.

He says he can order the police to cooperate, if that will work.

Waltz in through the front door.

Push anyone in line at the font desk out of the way and play ye olde "recorded evacuation message" to the officer behind the desk.

if no evacuation occurs, go with plan B.

plan B is break through random doors until I find the armory.

The evacuation message doesn't help, but I'm gonna assume you're listening in to whats going on with Harry, so I would assume your character would be prudent enough to wait 5 minutes to get what he wants rather than plunge himself into a firefight due to lust for subpar weaponry.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 05, 2016, 11:50:39 am »

Yes, it would be very helpful if he could order the police to cooperate.

Once he does order the police to cooperate, head over to the police station and get on with the process of evacuating the rest of the settlement.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 05, 2016, 02:02:43 pm »

Explain in calm tones that I need his body temporarily for a purpose in the future I'm not elaborating on. He'll recieve a new body once I've achieved my goal, he needn't worry.
Sig! Onol

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 06, 2016, 08:05:28 am »

Wait for the order to cooperate to come through from the mayor.

then demand to be taken to the armory and shown the equipment available for use in subduing those more resistant to the idea of not being eaten by the lurker.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #118 on: May 07, 2016, 02:30:40 pm »

Yes, it would be very helpful if he could order the police to cooperate.

Once he does order the police to cooperate, head over to the police station and get on with the process of evacuating the rest of the settlement.

You get the police to cooperate and work in tandem with them and the rest of the teams to finish evacuating the city. Now, everyone who is willing to go, has been grabbed and funneled into the portal.

Explain in calm tones that I need his body temporarily for a purpose in the future I'm not elaborating on. He'll recieve a new body once I've achieved my goal, he needn't worry.
He insists on being worried.

Wait for the order to cooperate to come through from the mayor.

then demand to be taken to the armory and shown the equipment available for use in subduing those more resistant to the idea of not being eaten by the lurker.

Their weapons are, at best, some civilian level gauss gear, it's all rather underwhelming. You're actually more interested in  the non-lethal stuff like gas grenades and flash bangs and radio disruption gear. If only because it is something you don't have in heaps already. 

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 07, 2016, 03:57:05 pm »

Tell him that's his choice; does he want to learn medicine so he can do something with his life once I give him a body again, or would he prefer to just sit in silence?
Sig! Onol
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9