Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: Mission 27: Blizzard Team (ready)  (Read 18679 times)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 27: Blizzard Team
« Reply #90 on: April 04, 2016, 11:08:29 am »

Guide existing crowd to evac portal. Have the sods help corral people.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 04, 2016, 11:41:46 am »

Try to get the location of the mayor's residence.

Don't go there yet, however, if Avalanche team has not desisted from their attempts to engage with the local populace. In that case, it will be time to enact some Lovely Consequences.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #92 on: April 05, 2016, 09:58:30 am »

Drunk people are the best people to pry information out of!

Tell me your name at least.
He slurs out something that sounds sort of like a name....or maybe an insult? Tone is hard to decipher like this. Maybe Jessit?

Guide existing crowd to evac portal. Have the sods help corral people.
You lead the existing crowd over towards the parking garage and up the several twisting floors to where the shuttle has landed the portal has been deposited.  They go in with little fuss, especially after you walk in and out to show them it's not a horrible trap. Someone comments about the marvels of modern technology. It's all very quaint.

Try to get the location of the mayor's residence.

Don't go there yet, however, if Avalanche team has not desisted from their attempts to engage with the local populace. In that case, it will be time to enact some Lovely Consequences.

You get the location of the mayor before heading over to where Avalanche team is currently screwing the pooch. You stand back and wait. Should they continue to screw the pooch in their next action, your action shall activate on their turn.

Activating your trap card, so to speak.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 05, 2016, 04:04:06 pm »

"See, now we're getting somewhere. Your name is Jessit?"

Idly talk to guy, go collect the crystal people. They're in a goop grenade, from what I understand? Use their immobility to disassemble them systematically and store their parts.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 03:50:47 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 08, 2016, 02:33:26 pm »

Establish the secondary portal outside the town we were looking for the mayor in, send Avalanche team to guard it.

Then get back to the mayor's residence now that that's taken care of along with a team of sods and probably Han as well. See if the mayor is available to receive a speech on the direness of the situation and a need for a speedy evacuation. Deploy speech (prepared, or Charlescast if that's available)!
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 03:29:08 pm by Harry Baldman »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 08, 2016, 03:51:09 pm »

Action edited to comply with friendly Cthunkan
Sig! Onol

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #96 on: April 09, 2016, 10:10:55 am »

"See, now we're getting somewhere. Your name is Jessit?"

Idly talk to guy, go collect the crystal people. They're in a goop grenade, from what I understand? Use their immobility to disassemble them systematically and store their parts.
The man just keeps muttering about being confused, cycling back over the same comments of "is this real life?" and similar.

You try to behead a crystal man to make the collecting easier but his head just grows back and the goop around him partially shrinks as it is sucked into his body to replenish his mass.

That and the severed head bites at you.

Establish the secondary portal outside the town we were looking for the mayor in, send Avalanche team to guard it.

Then get back to the mayor's residence now that that's taken care of along with a team of sods and probably Han as well. See if the mayor is available to receive a speech on the direness of the situation and a need for a speedy evacuation. Deploy speech (prepared, or Charlescast if that's available)!

Secondary portal established, order to guard it sent out. Now we just need to see if it is followed.

The mayor's residence is a large home, not ostentatious but quite spacious, and surrounded by a high wall with a rather ornate metal gate. There's an intercom you can speak through, but when you use it a house keeper or some kind of servant is the one that answers. You suppose you could just kick down the gate and go grab the mayor, but thats not the most....diplomatic approach possible. Could use the speech on the servant, get him to go get his boss. Or maybe just broadcast it super loud so he has no choice but to listen.

Hmm.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 09, 2016, 10:20:09 am »

Well, try to get the mayor either on the line or out by the door - say that it is something of an emergency we are dealing with here. Be polite, yet insistent, display genuine concern and all that.

If that fails, employ the words of Charles to convince the servant in question of the gravity of the situation and get to the mayor that way.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 09, 2016, 11:20:00 am »

Radio in for someone else on this team who's not doing anything to come help me.

See what happens when the head itself is disassembled into little bits.

Remove more limbs off the armless dude if he fucks around too much with the crystals.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 08:58:59 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #99 on: April 12, 2016, 10:38:37 pm »

Well, try to get the mayor either on the line or out by the door - say that it is something of an emergency we are dealing with here. Be polite, yet insistent, display genuine concern and all that.

If that fails, employ the words of Charles to convince the servant in question of the gravity of the situation and get to the mayor that way.

You press the buzzer again and let the servant/misstress/ person you don't care about know that you have to speak to the mayor directly because you are currently dealing with a matter of grave and ball tightening importance. You go on for perhaps too long about how this is the sort of thing that would suck a testicle right up into your abdominal cavity in sheer nervous terror. They get the mayor just as you start talking about the sound of the male sex organs inverting at subsonic speeds.

The mayor seems rather busy and not terribly patient, so you let him know in no uncertain terms that an emergency is going on and that this is a "use it or lose it" moment when it comes to power over the masses.  You emphasize that you mean this quite literally, and then outline your current forces and the severity of the situation. He says he'll be right out.

You wait. And wait. And then, a few minutes later, he comes back and says he's contacted the police and that they have no idea what you're talking about. And he basically doesn't seem to believe you.

Radio in for someone else on this team who's not doing anything to come help me.

See what happens when the head itself is disassembled into little bits.

Remove more limbs off the armless dude if he fucks around too much with the crystals.

You try to remove the jaw, and it just starts crystallizing rapidly as though it were a shot from the gun that birthed these things. You have to quickly sever one of your own arms to prevent it from growing up onto you. These things are not pleasant.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 12, 2016, 11:15:04 pm »

Right, retreat to a safe distance and let the dude from Firestorm blast them. Go cause medical pain to the guy who made the things while the blasting occurs. Ah fuck it, just go somewhere secluded and start talking to Jessit again.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 03:51:37 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 13, 2016, 01:30:34 am »

Be less comatose.

engage in looting activities by using my solid light generator to bitch slap those big shiny crystals everyones fussing over into my transdimensional bag of holding.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 13, 2016, 02:10:31 am »

Let's let DJ Charles explain. No doubt he can do it better than I can. That is, if he does have a message explaining the issue in easily understandable terms.

If that doesn't work, mention that whole 'amps exploding' thing that's been going on. Basically, that's happening. And expanding. And it's not going to stop.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 13, 2016, 09:04:37 am »

If the mayor still doesn't get it, add to the explanations mentions of invading extradimensional beings.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 13, 2016, 05:08:04 pm »

Go supervise Avalanche Team at the secondary portal. If I come upon any of them doing anything other than going to the portal or guarding the portal during my journey over there, remind them what they should be doing through application of that heat weapon that came through my suit. Maybe set it for "3rd degree burns" intensity instead of "spontaneous combustion" intensity. Or whatever intensity it needs to be to pierce a MK or MCP suit and get my point across. My point being "get your shit together or burn for it". Unless I have to deal with a crystal monstrosity, at which point shoot it with the HEP Pyramid. Try to minimize collateral damage.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9