Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Author Topic: Mission 27: Blizzard Team (ready)  (Read 18726 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Mission 27: Blizzard Team
« Reply #75 on: March 25, 2016, 11:05:11 am »

I'm not sure where Blizzard's going or anything; maybe the secondary port at first would be alright. Either way, don't actually do much of anything, instead continuing to talk to the poor bastard I disassembled. Try to get his name, maybe a bit of info about him.
He appears to have progressed passed screaming and is now cursing you.

Eventually he's gonna get tired of this. Probably.

Hmm putting aside my whole "systematically glass the previous island plan" im still waiting on the conclusion for, lets get some prep in fir the new island.

can I get my pocket dimensions atmosphere converted into pressurised non-lethal nerve gas please?
Nobody suspects 3 am fog to really be knockout gas.

If you can get someone on the ship to do an aux roll you can.

Well, shall we encircle the coastal settlement at night? Place our portal nearby, then do some door-to-door evacuation. If questions are asked, apply previously worked-out speech on citizens. Employ the services of Typhoon and Avalanche teams (encirclement/evacuation help) and sod squad (encirclement) to help in this.
Is this an action? Because it seems you're doing it alone right now. Well...technically all your doing is waiting for the moment but you get the idea.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 25, 2016, 09:06:01 pm »

Continue trying to talk to the guy. Is he being inventive with his cursing at least?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 26, 2016, 01:34:25 pm »

Well, go check out what Avalanche team is up to. Maybe smooth over some issues with civilians with totally awesome speech.

Take sods along as well. How many do we have exactly?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 08:57:17 am by Harry Baldman »

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 28, 2016, 09:17:58 am »

Go along with [Baldwin's character]. Let's land the shuttle in the volcano for now, and be sure to help him with the speech if needed. Ask Steve if it would be possible to do a mass broadcast of the speech.

((Each Vet team has 5 sods. No other teams have them.))
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 11:09:02 am by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 29, 2016, 08:56:51 am »

Okay, so the idea here is:

Encircle a particular (occupied) house in the place Avalanche team is terrorizing, utilizing sods to cover all exits (orders are to ask any potential escapees from said house to go back inside and refrain from attempting to leave - if they persist, subdue and capture).

Knock on the door. Politely ask occupant to enter along with my wingman Han. If all goes well, deploy speech.

Then ask for assistance organizing the local community in a maximally efficient, minimally painful evacuation.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 29, 2016, 11:09:57 am »

Go along with Cthunkan and aid with the plan. Have the rest of Blizzard and our sods provide support. If all does not go well, have sods nonlethally subdue panicked civilians.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 09:15:54 pm by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 29, 2016, 02:16:55 pm »

Help with encircling the building. Ask Steve if there are any propaganda or other recordings we could broadcast through our suit speakers from that propaganda department that we have on Heph to try and keep the locals calm and cooperative.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 29, 2016, 04:55:37 pm »

DO NOT start blasting any propaganda yet, however. Quiet is desirable at this stage of the plan.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 29, 2016, 07:10:30 pm »

DO NOT start blasting any propaganda yet, however. Quiet is desirable at this stage of the plan.
((I'm aware, I was just asking now so I don't have to ask in the middle of the clusterfuck this will inevitably become.  :P))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #84 on: March 30, 2016, 11:08:27 am »

I can only imagine your face when you hear about what the newbie teams have done.

(best portrayal of Sherlock Holmes by the way, that guy)

Continue trying to talk to the guy. Is he being inventive with his cursing at least?
Well, a lot of it is...ethnic. You know, that interminable habit of people to speak in languages not your own. But the tone makes it clear that whatever he's saying it isn't friendly. Not to mention you can see the hormones and chemicals being pumped into his brain, and they are not the ones associated  with calm discourse.

He seems to be quieting down though. Must be going from fear to rage to depression.

Okay, so the idea here is:

Encircle a particular (occupied) house in the place Avalanche team is terrorizing, utilizing sods to cover all exits (orders are to ask any potential escapees from said house to go back inside and refrain from attempting to leave - if they persist, subdue and capture).

Knock on the door. Politely ask occupant to enter along with my wingman Han. If all goes well, deploy speech.

Then ask for assistance organizing the local community in a maximally efficient, minimally painful evacuation.

You can't talk your way in, but you do manage to talk them into leaving. You can't get them to assist you though, the good will that would allow such a thing has to be spent explaining away the actions of the other teams.

Though, this does cause the small problem that no one has said exactly where you're evacuating to. The ships landed in the volcano, which is several miles away, through jungle and up a rather steep hill. And no one has deployed a portal yet, though they may do so in the other threads. If so, ignore this.

Go along with Cthunkan and aid with the plan. Have the rest of Blizzard and our sods provide support. If all does not go well, have sods nonlethally subdue panicked civilians.
Help with encircling the building. Ask Steve if there are any propaganda or other recordings we could broadcast through our suit speakers from that propaganda department that we have on Heph to try and keep the locals calm and cooperative.
Ditto.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 30, 2016, 11:27:04 am »

Hm. Well, this has been an interesting proof of concept. See, the thing is that we're not trying to get them to leave. We're trying to organize the evacuation. So as to minimize the loss of the ol' life and limb, you see. Stands to reason we'd need to find a leader of the community.

Find such a person. A religious, community or political authority. Obtain pointers from intimidated populace. Instruct any interviewees before that point to be maximally on board with efficient evacuation. Gather them together in a public location first. Have sods guard them.

Once an authority figure is found, deploy speech (Charles' unholy demonspeech if applicable) along with previously detailed encirclement procedures.

Meanwhile, what exactly are the newbie teams doing? How much can I discern presently?
« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 11:51:57 am by Harry Baldman »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 30, 2016, 11:47:33 am »

Hmm. He's in my body, so can I control the hormones/etc going into his brain? If so, try to introduce a mix that'll stabilize his mood enough that he'll be a good talking partner. Not too many endorphins, but just enough, ya know?
Sig! Onol

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 30, 2016, 02:20:48 pm »

Continue aiding Cthunkan with the speeches and asking civilians. Be the wingman. Exchange occasional high-fives.

Ask Steve if there are any easily defensible locations on the outskirts of town, like isolated warehouses or maybe an airport. Just looking for possible portal locations.

Also, before we go, tall to the people we just surrounded:
"Thank you for your cooperation with this evac. I realize this must be hard for you, so say your goodbyes for now, maybe get your neighbors moving if you feel inclined. We will be in contact with you soon with the location of the portal and transportation to it."

((I say airport if they have one because of existing crowd-directing architecture, or if it's not big enough for that, then just the airstrip for shuttle landings.))
« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 02:24:12 pm by Doomblade187 »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #88 on: April 02, 2016, 11:09:57 am »

Hm. Well, this has been an interesting proof of concept. See, the thing is that we're not trying to get them to leave. We're trying to organize the evacuation. So as to minimize the loss of the ol' life and limb, you see. Stands to reason we'd need to find a leader of the community.

Find such a person. A religious, community or political authority. Obtain pointers from intimidated populace. Instruct any interviewees before that point to be maximally on board with efficient evacuation. Gather them together in a public location first. Have sods guard them.

Once an authority figure is found, deploy speech (Charles' unholy demonspeech if applicable) along with previously detailed encirclement procedures.

Meanwhile, what exactly are the newbie teams doing? How much can I discern presently?

You search around, asking anyone who you've converted, so to speak, who would be a good leader. However, you can't find anyone with any real authority. Sure, a few PTA members, Home owner's association leader, priest of the local temple, all those kinds of minor leaders but no one who could motivate and lead an entire throng of people seeking safety in another dimension. Hmm, maybe if you moved further into town, found the mayor or something.

The newbie teams appear to be fucking it up. Just fucking it right up. We'll assume you can look through their cameras so consider yourself privy to all their stupid doings.

Hmm. He's in my body, so can I control the hormones/etc going into his brain? If so, try to introduce a mix that'll stabilize his mood enough that he'll be a good talking partner. Not too many endorphins, but just enough, ya know?
[2]
Hmm, you calm him down but you don't get the mix quite right and he becomes groggy and drunk.

Continue aiding Cthunkan with the speeches and asking civilians. Be the wingman. Exchange occasional high-fives.

Ask Steve if there are any easily defensible locations on the outskirts of town, like isolated warehouses or maybe an airport. Just looking for possible portal locations.

Also, before we go, tall to the people we just surrounded:
"Thank you for your cooperation with this evac. I realize this must be hard for you, so say your goodbyes for now, maybe get your neighbors moving if you feel inclined. We will be in contact with you soon with the location of the portal and transportation to it."

((I say airport if they have one because of existing crowd-directing architecture, or if it's not big enough for that, then just the airstrip for shuttle landings.))
You keep the growing crowds calm and controlled, but the search for a civilian leader turns up nothing more than a particularly over righteous soccer mom and nosy neighbors.

There's no easily defensible airports on the outskirts. There's only one airport in town and it's a tiny thing, for small planes, not a full sized airport. And its in the center of town. The other team has set up shop in a parking structure not far from here. Its a big, robust concrete structure with plenty of levels for the forming of lines. Better than nothing.

You talk to the civies and get them ready to move out.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 02, 2016, 11:45:18 am »

Drunk people are the best people to pry information out of!

Tell me your name at least.
Sig! Onol
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9