Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: Mission 27: Firestorm Team (ready)  (Read 20543 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 27: Firestorm Team
« Reply #45 on: March 10, 2016, 01:02:22 pm »

There is nothing productive for me to do.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 10, 2016, 03:46:04 pm »

Okay then, let the people flee down the mountain. Begin flying back to the checkpoint, pickup PAWN and sit on a cliff face pondering how this all went horribly wrong. Help avalanche-7 if he needs it and it won't screw anything up.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 05:28:01 pm by Corsair »
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 10, 2016, 09:01:16 pm »

Equip ":'(" emoticon. Punch corpse a few more times, then collapse in a heap and cry, as only a sad pizza-deprived robot can.
Hug my gauss rifle for emotional support. She's my only friend in the world.

Edit: If I should somehow manage to recover from my emotional breakdown this turn (Mind roll?), stand up, slap a determined emoticon onto my robofact, sling Whig over my shoulder and head into town. Look for any non-dead civilians who I can approach, as non-threateningly as possible, to ask for directions.

Of course, once one is within my reach, grab them by the throat for easier interrogation, as before. I will find pizza, damnit.

If there are no civvies in sight, look for large, important-looking buildings. Compared to the rest of this overgrown slum, anyway.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 06:11:37 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 12, 2016, 03:55:49 pm »

Throw a tarp over vanessa, lie down on the largest patch of blood, and try to look like a casualty because we've got civilians incoming and I don't want them running off the cliff in fear too.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #49 on: March 14, 2016, 12:46:16 pm »

There is nothing productive for me to do.
This is a good point. I feel like there's very little in the way of productivity for anyone at this point.

Other than perhaps packing up and moving on to the next island.

Okay then, let the people flee down the mountain. Begin flying back to the checkpoint, pickup PAWN and sit on a cliff face pondering how this all went horribly wrong. Help avalanche-7 if he needs it and it won't screw anything up.
Done.

As per what went horribly wrong, it appears to have been a convergence of several things, namely overt strong arm tactics that frightened the populace.

I suggest in the future that if you do need to murder someone, that you do it out of sight of the rest of the group.

And keep Xanessa out of sight, earshot and preferably smell range.

Equip ":'(" emoticon. Punch corpse a few more times, then collapse in a heap and cry, as only a sad pizza-deprived robot can.
Hug my gauss rifle for emotional support. She's my only friend in the world.

Edit: If I should somehow manage to recover from my emotional breakdown this turn (Mind roll?), stand up, slap a determined emoticon onto my robofact, sling Whig over my shoulder and head into town. Look for any non-dead civilians who I can approach, as non-threateningly as possible, to ask for directions.

Of course, once one is within my reach, grab them by the throat for easier interrogation, as before. I will find pizza, damnit.

If there are no civvies in sight, look for large, important-looking buildings. Compared to the rest of this overgrown slum, anyway.

At some point you're gonna remember that robots can't eat pizza.

[1]

It appears to have been right now.

Sobbing intensifies. Which is hard to do without eyes, lungs or tear ducts but you do your best.

Throw a tarp over vanessa, lie down on the largest patch of blood, and try to look like a casualty because we've got civilians incoming and I don't want them running off the cliff in fear too.
Wait...do you want Vanessa to lie down and look like a casualty or you to lay down and pretend to be dead while Vanessa just wanders around under a big blue tarp like an industrial park ghost?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 14, 2016, 01:23:20 pm »

Until something changes I have no way to be productive. Am standing by invisibly in case of actual attack, and waiting for us to pack up and move on from this failure.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 14, 2016, 05:35:24 pm »

Vanessa gets to be the Ghost of Manufactory past.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 15, 2016, 06:51:34 pm »

Sobbing intensifies. Which is hard to do without eyes, lungs or tear ducts but you do your best.
Rock back and forth, clutching my rifle and playing the audio from this video over my speakers in an attempt to convey my grief.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 15, 2016, 09:59:38 pm »

Help maintain order by intervening to stop rioting looting and other anarchic matters use non lethal "beatdown" force via nightstick reverting to PAWN in extreme cases. If there are people requiring medical attention fly them to the nearest medic [preferably not xanessa]. Keep to the general area of the portal say 10km and 1km up.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 10:11:36 pm by Corsair »
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 15, 2016, 10:20:21 pm »

Rock back and forth, clutching my rifle and playing the audio from this video over my speakers in an attempt to convey my grief.
((Play this one next.))
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 12:45:46 am by Egan_BW »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 15, 2016, 11:03:23 pm »

Help maintain order by intervening to stop rioting looting and other anarchic matters use non lethal "beatdown" force via nightstick reverting to PAWN in extreme cases. If there are people requiring medical attention fly them to the nearest medic [preferably not xanessa]. Keep to the general area of the portal say 10km and 1km up.
((nearest will probably be Lyra. Are you sure that's where you'll take them instead of simply portaling them to Heph for treatment?))

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 16, 2016, 05:13:16 am »

((nearest will probably be Lyra. Are you sure that's where you'll take them instead of simply portaling them to Heph for treatment?))
((The time it takes to get medical treatment may mean death also flinging people at the portal will likely make the grand general eat me))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #57 on: March 19, 2016, 01:16:10 pm »

PACK IT UP, ROLL IT OUT PEOPLE. WE'RE DONE HERE. GET GOING FOR THE NEXT PLACE

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 19, 2016, 02:37:06 pm »

PACK IT UP, ROLL IT OUT PEOPLE. WE'RE DONE HERE. GET GOING FOR THE NEXT PLACE
Ready

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 19, 2016, 03:11:46 pm »

Reclaim my tarp, wave at a sod, and get back into the shuttle.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8