Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: Mission 27: Firestorm Team (ready)  (Read 20561 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 27: Firestorm Team
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2016, 02:33:18 pm »

Oh yeah, Whig and I shall assist in establishing a perimeter.
Where are we, exactly? Any dirty peasants in our immediate vicinity? Keep an eye on them if so. No doubt they're up to no good.

Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2016, 03:03:46 pm »

Leap out of the side, survey area and possible lines of approach. Are there lots of people nearby?
You leap out of the shuttle and look around. Hmm. Well the only lines of approach are the previously mentioned pathways to this wider area. As per people, the only ones around here are your teammates. The people you're supposed to be transporting out haven't shown up yet. Mostly because the portal isn't open and the announcement of there even being a portal and a place to evacuate to just went out this turn.

Without instructions as to how to reach the portal, I might add.

set up defence perimeter around portal positions be on the lookout for refugees.
You find a good place and settle in, pointing your weapons squarely at the path towards this larger section.

I cloak and move out down the path most civilians are likely to travel, looking for a mildly elevated position offset from the group but still within line of sight of them, someplace out of the way of attacks but still in support range, with hopefully a small amount of forewarning.
Remember, the way they're gonna be coming is a 1 person wide pathway across the side of the steep northern section of the island. There's not a lot of places to hang around thats out of the way, short of rock climbing up the cliff wall next to the path and literally hanging out there.

Oh yeah, Whig and I shall assist in establishing a perimeter.
Where are we, exactly? Any dirty peasants in our immediate vicinity? Keep an eye on them if so. No doubt they're up to no good.

No one has set up the portal, the path here is far out of town and the evacuation call was sounded all of 30 seconds ago so no, no peasants to be seen.  You take defensive position none the less.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2016, 03:11:45 pm »

Going up that wall actually is exactly the kind of thing I have in mind.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2016, 03:31:26 pm »

How high you wanna go? 10 feet? 20? You wanna stay semi-close or get some distance?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2016, 03:33:06 pm »

How high you wanna go? 10 feet? 20? You wanna stay semi-close or get some distance?
20 sounds good. I mostly want to be out of the blast radius of whatever will inevitably blow up near the portal.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2016, 04:21:39 pm »

Setup portal and wait for people, have sods join us with defence perimeter and order them to identify anyone that has ebola or is trying to drag an entire armoury onto heph. Fly up and emplace PAWN near lyra's position somewhere it isn't likely to fall into the crowd if hit by stones. Ready baton and shield for some good ole' police brutality.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 04:35:22 pm by Corsair »
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2016, 04:42:01 pm »

Set up the gunner bot to patrol in about 40 metres from the portal site, but not to engage anyone unless I further command it to via wristpad.

That's a thing you can do with 'em, right? I hope so. Maybe make a four-character activation code, such as "fuck", to quickly activate its 'shoot everyone and everything that isn't a member of ARM' mode.

Also ponder if making said command verbally activated would be a good idea.

Booze is Life for Yoink

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2016, 04:45:14 pm »

Setup portal and wait for people, have sods join us with defence perimeter and order them to identify anyone that has ebola or is trying to drag an entire armoury onto heph. Fly up and emplace PAWN near lyra's position somewhere it isn't likely to fall into the crowd if hit by stones. Ready baton and shield for some good ole' police brutality.
I invisibly glare at my teammate putting something that will draw fire right next to where I was going to avoid exactly that, and Find a similar new place to be, without a giant "hit me" sign being put on top of me this time hopefully.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2016, 01:58:24 pm »

20 sounds good. I mostly want to be out of the blast radius of whatever will inevitably blow up near the portal.

Fair enough. You move down away from the portal and post yourself up about 50 feet away from the portal and 0 feet up off the path.

At this point we're just waiting for the people to show up. The portal is ready,  and I'll assume you guys get everything set up this turn. But it's gonna take a minute for the people in the slum to walk a few miles up hill to get here.

Set up the gunner bot to patrol in about 40 metres from the portal site, but not to engage anyone unless I further command it to via wristpad.

That's a thing you can do with 'em, right? I hope so. Maybe make a four-character activation code, such as "fuck", to quickly activate its 'shoot everyone and everything that isn't a member of ARM' mode.

Also ponder if making said command verbally activated would be a good idea.

So what, have it strafing side to side on the 3 foot wide path?

We'll assume it instead climbed up the wall and posted itself there somewhere near lyra and the pawn.

I invisibly glare at my teammate putting something that will draw fire right next to where I was going to avoid exactly that, and Find a similar new place to be, without a giant "hit me" sign being put on top of me this time hopefully.
You move further down the cliff face, about 2 dozen feet away from the newly placed gunner bot and pawn.

We're gonna time skip the waiting around and have the civs arrive at the start of the next turn.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2016, 04:42:09 pm »

fly up 30 ft so I can get a good view of the people as they are coming up the path so I can identify trouble makers and descend upon them like an avenging angel of police brutality.
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2016, 06:02:33 pm »

((Huh, I thought the gunnerbots could fly for some reason. So we have the portal set up on a narrow path through the cliffs?))

If possible, climb the cliff to a good spot above the portal where my robo-self can be less scary, whilst still having a good LoS.
Use my enhanced mobility feet, naturally.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2016, 07:41:23 pm »

Did I remember  to bring my secret kit? If I did, unpack the box of ponchos and put up a sign saying "SALVATION MIGHT BE WET! WATERPROOFS AVAILABLE HERE."

Accept whatever I get in return from refugees
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2016, 09:45:25 am »

Um, how many feet up off the path? because if it's actually 0, then I need to move up. If not then I'm ready, invisible, out of the way, and close enough to provide immediate support in case of problems.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2016, 10:46:15 am »

fly up 30 ft so I can get a good view of the people as they are coming up the path so I can identify trouble makers and descend upon them like an avenging angel of police brutality.
You fly up 30 feet and get a good view over the path and the people coming up it.

((Huh, I thought the gunnerbots could fly for some reason. So we have the portal set up on a narrow path through the cliffs?))

If possible, climb the cliff to a good spot above the portal where my robo-self can be less scary, whilst still having a good LoS.
Use my enhanced mobility feet, naturally.

You walk up the cliff face and hang around there like a gun fetishisizing gecko.

Um, how many feet up off the path? because if it's actually 0, then I need to move up. If not then I'm ready, invisible, out of the way, and close enough to provide immediate support in case of problems.
20-25.

The first wave of the crowd is here; mostly it's single men and a few women, all jogging down the path, carrying very little. Maybe a bag or two, but for the most part they seem to be packing light and moving quickly. They've got the wide eyed, panicked look of people who realize that they're in the prelude to full scale anarchy and they want to be somewhere else when it starts. About 100 or 120 of them have made it up, round the nearest bend and to the hole in the path. At this point they stop and start yelling at you guys. From their perspective it appears as though you've set up shop on a completely inaccessible section of land. And they are letting you know this with no small amount of swearing.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2016, 04:21:36 pm »

Float/fly over and placate them a bit
"People, please calm down, If there are going to be any whichunts it shall be for the stupid fucking retard that didn't follow their orders and set up the bridge. Excuse me while I set the portal within reach for you."

Re-place portal such that it doesn't block line of sight and allows people through, order sods to move/climb up in front of the portal and look for trouble makers.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 06:08:15 pm by Corsair »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8