Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 26

Author Topic: Beginners FEF: The Wayward Journey (OOC): Submissions closed.  (Read 29419 times)

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile

Ah thought I fixed that. I swapped handbooks during production and had to redo the skills sections. Thanks.
It's FEF, not FEOF

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile

Tell me if i need to fix anything.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

OK, the issues I can see at a glance:
  • The 'City boy' PS might be a little too wide - perhaps reduce it to 'when indoors'. But that's Furtuka's choice.
  • The standard crit bonus in a PS is +10
  • Having -15 evade on it's own is fine, you probably don't need the -5 hit as well
  • The sword subcategory you are wanting is called Sidearm, not Dagger
  • You need to choose a subcategory for dark magic as well.
  • Your Preferred stats are SKL and LUK
  • You can get rid of the "weapon skill" bit, your weapon profs already cover that
  • You begin with an iron dagger or a flux tome, not both.
  • You begin with a vulnerary.
  • If his mother is alive he is not an orphan by any common use of the term.

You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile

Ah thought I fixed that. I swapped handbooks during production and had to redo the skills sections. Thanks.
No problem.

I'm thinking of a sort of well-rounded bruiser in the style of Ephraim in FE8 and Gregor in FE13, so the Merc line looks good. We're going to need more front-liners here, methinks, seeing as we have a monk, a thief, and promises of another thief and a mage.

Hopefully I'll manage a better mug than a lazy recolor this time. :v
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile

Kay Flux tome it is.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile

I could always switch to a non thief-type class to avoid overlap.

You know what, yeah, I haven't played a Performer before so why not. Dancer incoming.

Edit:
Sheet. Mug is a WiP.

Double Edit:
Mug, and moving this to reply number four so it's easy to find.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 05:13:57 pm by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Two little questions about personal skills before I submit my sheet:
- My character is a (wannabe) professional monster hunter (as in the kind mentioned in the lore page.) How would I balance a personal skill giving a minor bonus to fighting monsters? I was thinking along the lines of +(X) Critical, but I'm not sure how much to add for such a broad group.
- What kind of stat boosts would be acceptable for a below-half-health-boost PS? I imagined something like +1 across the board but I'm not sure if that's too much.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile

Two little questions about personal skills before I submit my sheet:
- My character is a (wannabe) professional monster hunter (as in the kind mentioned in the lore page.) How would I balance a personal skill giving a minor bonus to fighting monsters? I was thinking along the lines of +(X) Critical, but I'm not sure how much to add for such a broad group.
- What kind of stat boosts would be acceptable for a below-half-health-boost PS? I imagined something like +1 across the board but I'm not sure if that's too much.
Probably +10, since for the most part FEF enemies are human.

+1 across the board is way to much. +2 to one stat is usually the most, or I suppose +1 to two could work. Or, +15 to Evasion or Hit.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ah, I thought so on both counts.

Therefore, sheet.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 09:05:37 pm by Tawarochir »

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That head... doesn't fit on that body. Wrong size, wrong angle.

Character description and mug request:
 Male
.Rougish Yet youthful face
Angular chin and his cheek bones are quite prominent
He is 16 years old and looks the part.
.Indigo hair short and cropped.
Wavy bangs in front of face
.Emerald Green eyes
Light clothing flat out white shirt and brown civilian clothes.
5ft4
Clothing does have a metal belt across it.
((Fixed I'll see what the gm thinks abiut city boy.))
Oh, yeah, additional issue I noticed. You have to have at least 70% in HP.  nevermind i misremembered

Your weapon profs still aren't right.
They're for weapon subcategories rather than specific weapons - when you look at the weapon lists in the handbook, the subcat is in the top left of the table on each page.
For dark tomes, for example, there are the Dread, Druidic and Ancient subcategories.
Flux can be found in the Dread list, so it is in the Dread category of Dark magic.

You'd write that in your weapon proficiencies as Dread (D).

You finally weapon profeciences, if you choose the Dread subcategory, should look like:
Dread (D), Sidearm (D), Swords (D), Dark (D)
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 07:07:50 pm by GiglameshDespair »

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ach, I guess the slightly angled neck I tried to add wasn't enough. I was waiting for commentary on it, really. I'll tear the head off and lower it a little or something, I guess. Or pick somebody who's more hunched-over.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile

Did so GD i think the build is playable statwise.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ach, I guess the slightly angled neck I tried to add wasn't enough. I was waiting for commentary on it, really. I'll tear the head off and lower it a little or something, I guess. Or pick somebody who's more hunched-over.

The body is way, way too broad for the head - or the head is way, way too small, depending on your point of view. Basically those two just don't work together.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The body is way, way too broad for the head - or the head is way, way too small, depending on your point of view. Basically those two just don't work together.
Yeah, fair point. Maybe Blazing Sword has a better-looking body...

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile

Applying for a veteran slot, obviously.

Spoiler: Jezzail the monk (click to show/hide)

Everything seems in order here.

You are missing your 4 extra stat points, and your progression totals up to 340%, 5% too high. The rest looks valid, but could use some cleaning up for convenience sake.
The bio seems like it could use some more details, and you want to reconsider the idea of it having only happened two days ago as it might seem a bit odd for him to have recovered and gathered his plans and find the job and such so quickly.
Lastly are you certain you want your Flux to have only half uses? I can grant it if you really want, but it could potentially make things difficult for you, especially if it breaks before you can find a replacement.

I could always switch to a non thief-type class to avoid overlap.

You know what, yeah, I haven't played a Performer before so why not. Dancer incoming.

Edit:
Sheet. Mug is a WiP.

Mostly checks out, though I'm going to have to say change the activation for Won’t Get Left Behind. It's current form activates a bit too easily, especially considering how Performer classes behave. Having activate when in 3 tiles of 3 or more enemies, or having no enemies within 3 tiles.

Ah, I thought so on both counts.

Therefore, sheet.

You're missing the extra four stat points. Other than that it seems to check out alright.

Cutoff date has been added to the OP, and it's been edited to mention that this will be occurring within Napelli.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Aw yiss, I only made one mechanical mistake this time. I'll feed those points into my defensive stats to somewhat offset my lower gains in them.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 26