Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 237

Author Topic: Mafia Marathon  (Read 230885 times)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Marathon (Semi-bastard) Round 18
« Reply #2745 on: September 22, 2016, 01:32:02 pm »

Huh—I'm town, but I don't have another option. Hmm...

I am very much against no-lynching, in the current context.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2746 on: September 22, 2016, 01:33:58 pm »

That's very strange.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2747 on: September 22, 2016, 01:52:56 pm »

Given what I suspect the role distribution is this round, that doesn't sound like a townie ability.

If it's a scum ability, then it's the worst role cop ever. I think town would get a lot more utility out of my claimed ability than scum would.

I disagree, but that's not really grounds for voting for you. Unvote.

Do note I didn't say anything about you being scum, just non-town. Your role has negative utility for town and scum. Probably neutral. But your immediate jump to "you think I'm scum when you say I'm not town" is noted.

Starver is being quiet, but I don't think lurking is too bad at this point... so I'll slide my vote on over to EP. Don't rightly like the way he went from RVS questions to role revelations.

EP: What is the current context and why does it make you so against no lynching at this point?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2748 on: September 22, 2016, 02:31:07 pm »

EP: What is the current context and why does it make you so against no lynching at this point?
I can't think of any ways to phrase it that either aren't uselessly broad or useful to scum, unfortunately.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2749 on: September 22, 2016, 02:32:53 pm »

Also, I actually do have an alternative wincon. Whoops. I suspect it might actually be possible for everyone, scum included, to win, this time.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2750 on: September 22, 2016, 04:06:54 pm »

EP:How do you figure that?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2751 on: September 22, 2016, 04:09:24 pm »

To answer the question of posting roles:

It's more than halfway through the game, and my roles always follow a structure. Because of that, you guys should know how to make one yourselves, meaning that posting one in thread doesn't prove its real.

So yeah, you can go as far as posting the whole role (or faking a whole role) and I wouldn't care.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2752 on: September 22, 2016, 04:20:04 pm »

How abot you say something? You are quite literally the odd one out here, if I revealed my role (apparently involving TBF) to EP at the behest of FoU.
FoU forcing you to talk, you talking to EP and Fish somehow meshing does reveal something... apparently. But, somewhere along that line I suspect opportunism.

Everyone:Does your wincon have an extra condition on it?
Not an extra condition, no, but an extra option. Which I'm not betting on going to happen if things go the way I've been seeing them lean. If Fallacy is Town, perhaps Fallacy understands this, but I rather imagined it as part of my lot in this game, not something shared. I don't know..  You wait days for something like this to come along and three come along at once, is it, including EP? (now ninjaed)

Starver is being quiet, but I don't think lurking is too bad at this point... so I'll slide my vote on over to EP. Don't rightly like the way he went from RVS questions to role revelations.
A few hours otherwise occupied, that's all.  Plus, right now, EP's unfamiliarity might cut some slack, but we've been publicly playing this, so not entirely an alibi.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2753 on: September 23, 2016, 08:25:43 am »

Huh. Apparently, when I win, I'll stay in until the round ends. Didn't expect that. Thought I would be removed when I won. Hm.
~~~
Had another thought. Everybody, are you capable of voting? If you are capable of voting, but have not yet done so, please prove it by voting somebody in one post and then unvoting them in the next.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2754 on: September 23, 2016, 08:33:33 am »

So you are basically admitting to being neutral then?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2755 on: September 23, 2016, 08:43:58 am »

Uh what? No. I said nothing of the sort. I even said I was town earlier.

But yes, though I'm town, I have another option for winning.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2756 on: September 23, 2016, 09:07:32 am »

But why, as town, would you remain in the game after you (and you very specifically mentioned only yourself) won? That would be silly.

Huh. Apparently, when I win, I'll stay in until the round ends. Didn't expect that. Thought I would be removed when I won. Hm.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2757 on: September 23, 2016, 09:17:54 am »

Bang goes another theory about my connections with others. Looks like Tomasque isn't redoing/linking the features I have in this role.

(Three times I've given details of my role in transparent-to-those-who-would-know terms. I'm giving up on that approach, but its all there in the record if you still want to give it another go to establish your connection with me.)

Going to go through the round again.

Also vote FoU for confirmation purposes only.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2758 on: September 23, 2016, 09:19:18 am »

And unvote again because I have nothing to vote for, and less than no reason to do so indiscriminately.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2759 on: September 23, 2016, 01:50:41 pm »

Okay hector. I have two methods of winning.
One is standard town.
One I am keeping hidden, but is a condition that may or may not be common to any other players. In the event that it's not common to any other players, and I win with it, I will still remain in the game and be able to assist the other town.

Barring a secret auto, anyway.

Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 237