Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 181 182 [183] 184 185 ... 237

Author Topic: Mafia Marathon  (Read 230783 times)

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Marathon (Semi-bastard) Round 18
« Reply #2730 on: September 22, 2016, 07:58:12 am »

Noted.

(But with reservations. As the responsible adult around here, I have to point out how easy it would be to make even childish claims, and I'd have no power to do anything about it.)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2731 on: September 22, 2016, 08:20:00 am »

Hm.

EP's claim meshes with what I know about hector.
It also meshes with what I know about my own role.
~~~
Elephant Parade: if you want to prove to hector that you know his role, you can tell him some letters from it and their positions, for example the first two letters of the role name...
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2732 on: September 22, 2016, 08:36:21 am »

FoU, because there is no way you can know anything about my role from your own.

I know EP received my "role" because I sent it to him. What I don't know is what he received, and quite frankly I'd rather he not say because it's day frickin' 1.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2733 on: September 22, 2016, 10:16:57 am »

I used an action on you that forced you to tell somebody of your choice your role.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2734 on: September 22, 2016, 10:21:12 am »

Is this round, like, completely townies or something?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2735 on: September 22, 2016, 10:36:59 am »

Is this round, like, completely townies or something?

I find that unlikely, but not impossible.

I used an action on you that forced you to tell somebody of your choice your role.

You did.

Given what I suspect the role distribution is this round, that doesn't sound like a townie ability.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2736 on: September 22, 2016, 10:40:50 am »

Well, someone's kidding.

(Let's see, one day, eight and a half hours....)

I was thinking someone could help me by saying something they haven't yet, that I noticed. Only EP has not yet passed over the opportunity, though, so maybe I'm wrong.

[Ninjaed by Hector, but nothing to say about that.]

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2737 on: September 22, 2016, 10:50:41 am »

How abot you say something? You are quite literally the odd one out here, if I revealed my role (apparently involving TBF) to EP at the behest of FoU.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2738 on: September 22, 2016, 11:17:54 am »

Everyone:Does your wincon have an extra condition on it?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2739 on: September 22, 2016, 11:36:54 am »

I'm going to trust Hector and vote FoU, for obvious reasons.

[Ninja'd: FoU was apparently the one who forced Hector to reveal his role. I still have a question for him, though; it's at the end of this post.]

FoU, because there is no way you can know anything about my role from your own.

I know EP received my "role" because I sent it to him. What I don't know is what he received, and quite frankly I'd rather he not say because it's day frickin' 1.
I wasn't planning on dropping your full role; if you want to be sure I received the right information, I can post specific-but-useless information (number of words on each line, specific words from each line, etc.), assuming that that wouldn't count as posting a role PM—could you make a judgement on that, Tomasque?

How is TBF "basically confirmed"?

I get me being confirmed if it's my role and all that... but not TBF.
Unless this round is really weird, TBF being scum would make no sense. Think about it for a minute.

...Actually, you're right: It's possible that he isn't town; I had made a pretty silly assumption. I kinda regret posting all that, now; I figured I could clear two players at once, but I've really just disrupted the game. Sorry about that.

No.

Fallacy: You said that you were the one who forced Hector to reveal his role information to me. That's all well and good, but it still leaves a question: How do you know anything about his role?

Also: I can't explain why, but I think we might actually be dealing with a scumteam of two—most likely Fallacy and Starver, from my perspective. This obviously isn't a very useful comment, but I'd just like everyone to acknowledge the possibility.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2740 on: September 22, 2016, 01:23:17 pm »

Given what I suspect the role distribution is this round, that doesn't sound like a townie ability.

If it's a scum ability, then it's the worst role cop ever. I think town would get a lot more utility out of my claimed ability than scum would.
~~~
Fallacy: You said that you were the one who forced Hector to reveal his role information to me. That's all well and good, but it still leaves a question: How do you know anything about his role?
I don't. Only that he revealed it to somebody. I never claimed that I knew anything about what his role actually was. If you think that's true, point out the post in which I supposedly did so and I'll explain my statement in that post to you.
~~~
Also: I can't explain why, but I think we might actually be dealing with a scumteam of two—most likely Fallacy and Starver, from my perspective. This obviously isn't a very useful comment, but I'd just like everyone to acknowledge the possibility.

I think having a scum team is... somewhat more likely than normal. If the scum had a partner to tell his role to, my power would lose quite a bit of its utility. A balance to its potency.
~~~
Does yours? But yes, though I'm town, I have another option for winning.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2741 on: September 22, 2016, 01:26:10 pm »

I highly suspect No Lynch is our best option here...
Sigtext

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2742 on: September 22, 2016, 01:27:46 pm »

EP:For context, normally Townie wincon is 'You win when the evil role is eliminated'.
Sigtext

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2743 on: September 22, 2016, 01:28:25 pm »

OH. You are so tricky, Tomasque.

I have a question to ask via PM now. Regarding a realization I just had.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2744 on: September 22, 2016, 01:29:09 pm »

Well that's interesting.
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 181 182 [183] 184 185 ... 237