Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176 177 ... 237

Author Topic: Mafia Marathon  (Read 230945 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Marathon (Semi-bastard) Round 16
« Reply #2610 on: September 03, 2016, 11:51:35 am »

One of my abilities starts with the letter C, if there's a second, it starts with the letter G.

What do you mean "if"? Surely you either do or don't have a second action.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2611 on: September 03, 2016, 12:23:20 pm »

I believe the intention is to keep some element of doubt in the mind of the opposition.  I can relate to that.  I already said there's complexity, probably across all alignments.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2612 on: September 03, 2016, 03:40:32 pm »

I believe the intention is to keep some element of doubt in the mind of the opposition.
This.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2613 on: September 03, 2016, 05:05:58 pm »

I believe the intention is to keep some element of doubt in the mind of the opposition.  I can relate to that.  I already said there's complexity, probably across all alignments.

That element must be Cesium then, since it's bloody huge.

It does nothing for town, and could easily be scum trying to set up a fakeclaim later, while also trying to figure out how many abilities the town has on D1.

I'm inclined to believe that's the case.

FoU
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2614 on: September 03, 2016, 06:59:50 pm »

It does nothing for town, and could easily be scum trying to set up a fakeclaim later, while also trying to figure out how many abilities the town has on D1.

... could easily be scum trying to set up a fake claim later? [1]

Trying to figure out how many abilities the town has on day one? [2]

[1]: Could be. Could also not be. I don't see why that's the highest probability, however.
[2]: Oh, I see. We've got vanillas sometimes now. My bad.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2615 on: September 03, 2016, 07:00:46 pm »

.... *blink*

Huh.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2616 on: September 03, 2016, 07:03:32 pm »

... could easily be scum trying to set up a fake claim later? [1]

Trying to figure out how many abilities the town has on day one? [2]

[1]: Could be. Could also not be. I don't see why that's the highest probability, however.
[2]: Oh, I see. We've got vanillas sometimes now. My bad.

Alright.

How does figuring out how many abilities the town has on D1 help town?

How does it help scum?

How does it help town find scum?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2617 on: September 03, 2016, 07:04:51 pm »

Huh???

I think you're reading a bit much into that.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2618 on: September 03, 2016, 07:07:41 pm »

What I'm saying is that I didn't realize it could be used to figure out how many abilities the town has until after I did it.
~~~
[1] How does figuring out how many abilities the town has on D1 help town?

[2] How does it help scum?

[3] How does it help town find scum?

[1] I wouldn't say it does.

[2] It probably wouldn't help scum too much on Day one, unless there was a bit more claiming going on. On later days, it might help, but the scum would gain that advantage anyway from claims.

[3] See [1].
~~~
And a bit of this too.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2619 on: September 03, 2016, 07:13:23 pm »

Considering y'all didn't follow-up on FoU saying he visited me on the night I died in the last game, I'm inclined to think you're not reading enough into things.

What I'm saying is that I didn't realize it could be used to figure out how many abilities the town has until after I did it.

A likely story. You clearly thought you were going to get something useful out of it, else you wouldn't have posted. What was it?

[2] It probably wouldn't help scum too much on Day one, unless there was a bit more claiming going on. On later days, it might help, but the scum would gain that advantage anyway from claims.

[3] See [1].

So you see my point then? What you did has benefits for scum in the present - figuring out how many abilities the town has D1, which'll guide their night game - and in the future, so they can make some claims based on what was said.

And a bit of this too.

I'm sure the person I'm voting for is quite willing to make me seem like a paranoid loon. I refer y'all again to the last game.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2620 on: September 03, 2016, 07:28:51 pm »

Okay, four  responses while I was gathering my thoughts.  Remaining unchanged.

Moonlit: Finds nothing, implying that something could be found.
Fish: Finds nothing, but without that implication.
Hector: Speculates and jumps on shadows, par for the course.
Fallacy: Caution befitting power-role of either alignment, perhaps?
(Me: Waiting for someone to trip up, but gave a clue along the way.)

Anyway, there's (at least) two roles in the last round that together provide components of my role this time. (But not my own last-game role.) If this is not obviously refelected amongst everyone else, I suspect it might still be with another Super Secret Squirrel thing involved. To hat's my best guess at the moment. Anybody want to defer from that?

Less than five hours left, I think. Don't see a reason for a baseless lynch. There's information yet to find, methinks. I think those that can should try (again, adding to N0 efforts) to do so.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2621 on: September 03, 2016, 07:29:35 pm »

What on earth is a Super Secret Squirrel thing?
Sigtext

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2622 on: September 03, 2016, 07:36:40 pm »

Like what you had... (Ok, ignore the "squirrel" bit, that was poetic licence.)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2623 on: September 03, 2016, 08:03:33 pm »

Ohhh, right.
Sigtext

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2624 on: September 03, 2016, 08:19:09 pm »

Considering y'all didn't follow-up on FoU saying he visited me on the night I died in the last game, I'm inclined to think you're not reading enough into things.

[1] A likely story. You clearly thought you were going to get something useful out of it, else you wouldn't have posted. What was it?

[3] See [1].

[2] So you see my point then? What you did has benefits for scum in the present - figuring out how many abilities the town has D1, which'll guide their night game - and in the future, so they can make some claims based on what was said.

And a bit of this too.

I'm sure the person I'm voting for is quite willing to make me seem like a paranoid loon. I refer y'all again to the last game.

[1]: I thought I could use that to figure out the likelihood of anybody having abilities with the same names, like last round.
See context:
I wonder if the Protect/Protect/etc. is going on again.

[2]: See [2].

Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176 177 ... 237