Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 172 173 [174] 175 176 ... 237

Author Topic: Mafia Marathon  (Read 230938 times)

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Marathon (Semi-bastard) Round 16
« Reply #2595 on: August 27, 2016, 02:33:50 am »

Select markers along the way...

One of the early black marks, but with wrong thoughts behind it:
I really don't want to go that far. I think you're too eager. No questioning of me, even?

Wait, FoU claimed the same ability I have.
But you seemed less sure what you were, unfortunately.

It's obvious why the Evil role didnt kill again. For that reason, I suggest a No Lynch
Not obvious to me (or obvious to me why it was particularly obvious to you, I mean, nobody else should be hinting Protect, right?). Was wondering if special-evil-wincon included 'infect and survive' qualities to max out points, personally. The first death an accident, perhaps even a Vigilante misaim (or infection-stopper?).

Let's see. We can start with a summary of our claims.

I: Tracker.
Moonlit: Tracker/Watcher with Protect action name.
TBF: Self-watcher.
Hector: DED, Voodoo Person.
Starver: The missing link. CLAIM.
Bouncer.  Action is to Protect. As given. And I know example actly how many visitors I turn away.

And,  by the way, nobody visited Fish on Night 1 (or tried to). Can't rule out a Hectorish non-visit action (which the target wouldn't know about), but again someone goes and says exactly the wrong thing and makes me suspect them more.

Fallacy,  I trust you tried to visit Moonlit N3, but do not know for what purpose. Moonlit I trust you knew somehow what Fallacy did, N1,because it was a very lucky guess if you tried that. Fish, if you're right, its beyond my knowledge, and meanwhile someone did something to Hector (as Fallacy visited).

Someone's telling little grey lies and hiding the one telling the complete porkies.  Or a complicated recruitment. (Let me remind you what Recruitment did when I did it, BTW, so consider your loyalties if that's the case.)

Unravel this, someone.
Speaks for itself... Also the whole of Moonlit's http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=155932.msg7147650#msg7147650 is interesting in hindesight.

Day ends Wednesday, 4:00 PM PDT
             Wednesday, 11:00 PM GMT
Anybody?

Fish and Moonlit are voting for each other, by my reckoning.

Fallacy is as likely to be trying to decide whether I'm guilty of something (if both of the others are honestly misguided). Sorry I blocked your checking of Moonlit, if that was so.

Without hidden-auto or personal victory end-conditions (which, if anybody has, Moonlit may have, but that's tenuous at best) I don't think, my vote will do anything, but I'm going to proclaim Fish for being more iffy than Moonlit, in various ways.
I think I was thoroughly drawn in the wrong direction(s) by this point.

I have asked Tomasque WTF is happening here, but haven't heard back yet.  Can we hold off on lynching either of us until I've heard back one way or the other?
Too meta (I would have forced myself to ignore it) but I'd asked Tomasque to confirm my targets (misremembered who I'd protected twice) and had had a response. Could have been that you were not actually asking at all, merely flailing. I don't know if I would have used this against you if you hadn't died, and I misthought that my vote was a 'very strong finger of suspicion' actually, not a killing-blow.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2596 on: August 27, 2016, 12:23:35 pm »

Looks like claiming a tracker ability was a good idea after all. The idea was that I could redirect somebody, then tell everybody who they targeted in the morning, and the person I redirected couldn't say they were redirected as a result of being dead.

First win as Evil for me! GG.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Marathon (Semi-bastard) Round 17
« Reply #2597 on: August 29, 2016, 06:13:58 pm »

Round 17 - Night 0
 A city sits, awash in the moonlight. The cityfolk within are out in the streets - talking, laughing, and going out for drinks. No one seems to have a care in the world. What is there to be afraid of?
« Last Edit: September 02, 2016, 10:21:01 am by Tomasque »
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2598 on: September 01, 2016, 11:33:02 pm »

Round 17 - Day 1
 The sun rises and the streetlights flicker away. The parties end and the city is empty of all sound. But then, the commuters fill their cars, and the city is bustling once more. Not a care in the world.

Day ends Saturday, 10:00 PM PDT
                   Sunday, 5:00 AM GMT
« Last Edit: September 02, 2016, 12:11:26 am by Tomasque »
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2599 on: September 02, 2016, 05:13:25 am »

How can the commuters fill their cars?
... No one seems to have a car in the world. ...
:P

Anyhoo.  Sign in, guys..?

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2600 on: September 02, 2016, 03:45:22 pm »

*bump*

(Nothing to say, yet.)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2601 on: September 02, 2016, 03:46:23 pm »

So...
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2602 on: September 02, 2016, 04:28:37 pm »

Well this is all very informative.

Seems to me the Evil doesn't have an NK, unless it's something that can't be triggered on N0.

Did anyone find out anything interesting last night?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2603 on: September 02, 2016, 04:29:03 pm »

Nope.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2604 on: September 02, 2016, 04:36:38 pm »

Nothing that I can yet challenge about. And I think this round is more complex than the prior one, but that's just a personal observation. YMMV.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2605 on: September 02, 2016, 06:00:38 pm »

Y'know, I think this round is somehow connected to the previous one.

One: somewhat similar flavor.
Two: my role, which has significant parallels to a role in the previous round.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2606 on: September 02, 2016, 06:29:58 pm »

I wonder if the Protect/Protect/etc. is going on again.
Sigtext

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2607 on: September 02, 2016, 06:36:08 pm »

One of my abilities starts with the letter C, if there's a second, it starts with the letter G.

If anybody else has such letters in the start of their ability names, speak up.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2608 on: September 02, 2016, 06:37:37 pm »

G.  U people?
Sigtext

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2609 on: September 02, 2016, 06:42:20 pm »

O...
Pages: 1 ... 172 173 [174] 175 176 ... 237