Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 237

Author Topic: Mafia Marathon  (Read 231347 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Marathon (Semi-bastard) Round 10
« Reply #1695 on: May 07, 2016, 05:54:14 pm »

@Starver:You have those the wrong way around, I always refuse, not always accept.

I find this quite difficult to believe, but it also could be telling that two people have assumed that your lack of choice meant you always accepted visitors, particularly when one of them assumed it would be a town weakness role to allow all visitors in. FoU claimed Neutral, now I think it's Starver's turn to make his claim.

Why do I find TBF's claim hard to believe? Unless Tomasque is playing silly buggers with the non-town roles, I also refuse all visitors, in essence. My role name is Illiterate Shut-In, so I don't allow visitors and can't read anything they leave behind in their stead.

'owever, FoU: what is your wincon, Mr. Neutral?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1696 on: May 07, 2016, 05:55:47 pm »

That's weird.

And the last time we had duplicate auto claimants, one of them was scum, hector.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1697 on: May 07, 2016, 05:57:00 pm »

...Hang on a second, I misread.

I auto-refuse offers, and I don't actually know if I let people in or not.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1698 on: May 07, 2016, 06:08:55 pm »

That's weird.

And the last time we had duplicate auto claimants, one of them was scum, hector.

Evidently not weird enough for you to want to vote me outright. Why not?

My assumption at this point is FoU and Starver have actions that require their target's permission, and we've heard not much from Moonlit, but I think given the mechanic he has one too.

Now, FoU claims to have had two visitors, one of whom tried to recruit him, though he also didn't allow the other one in, citing fear of his safety. How do you know there was a recruitment attempt then? I find it hard to believe you'd accept one visitor and not another.

Moonlit claims FoU did something to him last night, but doesn't know what it is, while FoU said it was benign - despite his Neutral role. If you have an action, FoU, what is it?

So, we've had 3 claims, 2 of which don't seem to have any actions (myself and TBF, if his is a similar role to mine, which I can't rule out...) and FoU claimed to have two visitors to him, and he visited Moonlit, while also claiming that another visitor to Moonlit could have done something unpleasant to him. If you're keeping count, that's 4 actions for 3 roles. I'm not liking FoU too much just now, but we'll see what Starver claims.

Moonlit what did you mean when you said FoU is being very rude to you?

PPE: you refuse offers, but what about visitors? Does your flavour give you any indication of what these offers are?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1699 on: May 07, 2016, 07:19:53 pm »

Huh... Me neither.

Well, I'm not answering that. FoU understood. I was vague for a reason.

Indeed. You're putting a lot of trust in someone who was rude to you. You're also leaving a lot of room for Starver, TBF and myself to make assumptions about FoU and yourself.

For example, he has claimed a neutral alignment, which could easily turn out like my neutral role in the previous game, so your reticence to say how the neutral role was rude to you makes it quite difficult for us to believe that you're going to be a town role.

He did also claim he wouldn't be joining whatever entity made him an offer. This could easily be a verbal sleight of hand in which he is the recruiting role, and has recruited you.

So perhaps you will answer a different question: if you are so unwilling to share relevant information with the town, why shouldn't we lynch you?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1700 on: May 07, 2016, 07:34:11 pm »

Y'see that's the thing; if you're town, you win with the rest of us. It doesn't matter if something bad happens to you, as we have numbers, so your reticence to share what FoU has done to you leads me to believe you're probably not town.

FoU has claimed Neutral, so we know he doesn't care about town winning, and we as town shouldn't care whether he wins (unless he does what I did last round :)))

Why are you so unwilling to share?

I also note you failed to answer the question of why we shouldn't vote for you. Seems to me you're of no use to us at all.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1701 on: May 07, 2016, 07:54:05 pm »

@hector:Because I'm cautious with voting to begin with, and I wasn't sure if you actually had an actual duplicate of my auto.

Okay, TMS, what's up with the 'rude' and 'hospitable' comment?

That's completely irrelevant.
Sigtext

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1702 on: May 07, 2016, 07:55:39 pm »

*commentS

Why does this matter to begin with?

Why even bother?
Sigtext

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1703 on: May 07, 2016, 08:04:56 pm »

Well now I have.

I still don't like it.
Sigtext

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1704 on: May 07, 2016, 08:36:11 pm »

I'm not too useful, but as you yourself said, we aren't trying to lynch useless town, we're trying to lynch scum or hostile neutral.

I visited FoU last night, and he didn't let me in (thus rude, not being hospitable). I have nothing more to say on the subject.

Indeed. The question now being are you useless town or are you scum pretending to be useless town?

You said you visited FoU and he didn't let you in. How would he know you were being hospitable or not (and thus get your vague references) if he didn't let you in?

He also said someone tried to recruit him. Perhaps that was you, and all this vagueness going on is you letting him know know it was you? Makes sense if you don't have a quicktopic to discuss nefarious goings on.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1705 on: May 07, 2016, 09:05:30 pm »

So why are you revealing a little bit like that then? He said he didn't let you in, you said he won't know what you're saying unless he let you in. He's not going to go back on saying that, so you trying to give him a hint is making you look über scummy.

I don't understand why you won't share, though. If you are town, you've basically told the scum you have something useful. Much like last round, though this time you have two players claiming they pretty much can't be acted upon, as far as I understand it. Who do you think of those three seems the best target for scum? It's the same argument I make time and again: over sharing on D1 of your own abilities.

This is perhaps why Starver has won twice as scum; he's rather good at blending in with minimal release of information, while we get you releasing little tidbits and implying you have more to say but won't say it, so we waste the day focusing on you,  trying to pry that information loose bit by bit.

Also, TBF, your vote is your voice. Use it or nobody will take you seriously.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1706 on: May 07, 2016, 09:13:12 pm »

Also, I think I'm the only one voting. Again. Day ends in 13 hours guys, get it together.

On a purely statistical standpoint, lynching every day is good for us. 1 in 5 chance of scum today, 1 in 4 tomorrow and 1 in 3 on D3. I don't understand why you're all being such cowards :P if you make a mistake, big deal!

If we don't know who to lynch, FoU claimed neutral. That's better than hitting a townie, right? I'd much rather vote for Moonlit, but I want to see what Starver says before moving my vote.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1707 on: May 07, 2016, 09:51:09 pm »

LOVE.
I'll explain after you read through the rest of this post.

FoU has claimed Neutral, so we know he doesn't care about town winning, and we as town shouldn't care whether he wins (unless he does what I did last round :)))
Actually, I do care about town winning.
~~~
So here's the deal. I don't want the game to end. Yet.

One of you gents is my "beloved". I win when I find my "beloved" and when my "beloved" wins after that.
As you might imagine, when I meet with someone, I'm finding out if they are my "beloved".

So... I might be on the town's side, I might not- I just don't know yet.
~~~
So... I'm not currently willing to lynch anyone other than Moonlit... and I only want to lynch Moonlit if he's town(because if he's Evil, the game ends and I still haven't found my "beloved" and there goes my victory).

~~~
Also, I think I'm the only one voting.
Wrong.
Hector13
now, at least.

FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1708 on: May 07, 2016, 10:04:29 pm »

There is such a thing as too cautious.

TBF, for example. Two FoS's. How does that help the town?

Ah, Hector, but if you make a mistake, big deal is right. And I'll drop my vote on you for that one. It still pays to be cautious, as you well know.

Hector13

This is your first vote of the day, with 13 hours to go. How is that helping the town?

FoU, no vote. How does that help the town?

Starver, one vote and an immediate unvote. How does that help the town?

I don't want to make a mistake, but it's better than a no lynch because we get the info from the flip. A no lynch which, if you will note, is what will happen now that you've voted for me, tying it up.

This is a meta thing, I've been trying to encourage more aggressive voting on D1 a lot of the time. Why is it suddenly scummy now? Poor word choice?

PPE:
LOVE.
I'll explain after you read through the rest of this post.

Actually, I do care about town winning.
~~~
So here's the deal. I don't want the game to end. Yet.

One of you gents is my "beloved". I win when I find my "beloved" and when my "beloved" wins after that.
As you might imagine, when I meet with someone, I'm finding out if they are my "beloved".

So... I might be on the town's side, I might not- I just don't know yet.
~~~
So... I'm not currently willing to lynch anyone other than Moonlit... and I only want to lynch Moonlit if he's town(because if he's Evil, the game ends and I still haven't found my "beloved" and there goes my victory).

~~~
Also, I think I'm the only one voting.
Wrong.
Hector13
now, at least.

so basically when your beloved dies you do too? Makes sense, as far as I'm aware that's how the beloved thing works. I'm not liking how you and Moonlit seem to be teaming up here. This recruitment thing you mentioned bothers me. Also, there's nothing to say your beloved isn't evil, which means you'll be against us.

It would make sense that you would figure out who your beloved is even if they don't let you in, else the claimed roles relally are bastard for you.

Or you could be talkin' out her arse and that isn't your wincon at all.

Also dat thing about my vote. Filler. You don't want to help the town at all. Is this neutral or is this scum?

So, on the basis the town is knackered if we mislynch today and FoU discovers their beloved is the Evil role, I'll vote FoU.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1709 on: May 07, 2016, 10:11:35 pm »

Unless, of course, FoU is willing to put his money where his mouth is and vote Moonlit?

Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 237