Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 237

Author Topic: Mafia Marathon  (Read 231305 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Marathon (Semi-bastard) Round 10
« Reply #1725 on: May 08, 2016, 08:45:29 am »

Well, let's hear it anyway?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: May 08, 2016, 08:46:06 am »

Wait, what do you mean, "not even to save you"?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: May 08, 2016, 09:08:28 am »

Well, let's hear it anyway?
One investigation, but the other "visit" was both a blind and a nod to the actual target.

Wait, what do you mean, "not even to save you"?
Silly phrasing. I'm happy to sacrifice myself for a Town win, but I forgot that Fallacy was claiming Neutral, not sure where that leaves the balance. I do tend to like helping Neutrals when I'm Town (and vice-versa, of course), but that's probably not sensible.

Also worried if it's a traditional Lovers-type pairing (one dies, other dies) and if that's true then (even if they don't know it) it's possible that we also kill the Beloved. Who could be anyone but Moonlit, if true.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: May 08, 2016, 09:36:07 am »

Perhaps it needs to be triggered before the lover thing happens. Or it could be unrequited (poor FoU!)

There is also a chance the lover is the Evil role, which would win the game for us if they do die too.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: May 08, 2016, 09:46:38 am »

I don't think Tomasque would be that much of a bastard.
Sigtext

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: May 08, 2016, 09:51:58 am »

We have 10 minutes to be convinced otherwise.

I guess this game compared to the last one is an example that timing your claim can be the difference between winning and losing.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: May 08, 2016, 04:12:53 pm »

Round 10 - Night 1
  It seemed a few had caught on to the existence of some unknown menace. A swift arrest is made, but in the subsequent hours it becomes clear that the suspect was not the real threat, but was instead a lowly crook. His arrest barred him from re-entering the community, but it did no good in stopping the evil still among the townsfolk.

Votecount
hector13 (0)
FallacyofUrist (3) - TheBiggerFish, The Moonlit Shadow, hector13
TheBiggerFish (0)
Starver (0)
The Moonlit Shadow (0)

Not Voting: FallacyofUrist, Starver

FallacyofUrist was the Salesman
Spoiler: Salesman (click to show/hide)
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: May 09, 2016, 11:35:43 am »

Round 10 - Day 2
 The day came around again, and in the little paradise of the Suburbs District 6, few noticed the loss of the salesman, and even fewer knew the very real danger they were in. The time was coming. Soon, it would be unstoppable.

Votecount
hector13 (0)
TheBiggerFish (0)
Starver (0)
The Moonlit Shadow (0)

Day ends Wednesday, 9:30 AM PST
              Wednesday, 4:30 PM GMT
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: May 09, 2016, 11:52:25 am »

So... I think I may have this game figured out, though I have to make a few assumptions regarding certain things.

Starver is likely the Evil role. Everyone else I think - with varying degrees of confidence - is town.

If FoU wasn't pulling our chain regarding a cult-esque entity, which I'm still sure would be lead by Starver, I think Moonlit would have been targeted, given the claims made by TBF and myself.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: May 09, 2016, 11:56:02 am »

Well, that was an interesting role, that Fallacy had there.

And I can tell you that the "enlightened society" person is still active, to whatever purpose...  Given the soft-confirmation of Moonlit, I reckon that means either claimed-blocker or claimed-refuser is the bad guy... Any thoughts on this?

Oh ninjaed by Hector
 Are you worried that my Good Listener role isn't susceptible,  then? Hector seems to have put his foot in it.!

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: May 09, 2016, 12:02:51 pm »

Just to add, I'd be interested to hear if anybody does communicate by posted leaflet... Because Hector's claim of being both deaf and blind to all advances, effectively, just doesn't square with the purely word-of-mouth mechanisms that I've so far seen given.  It's an obvious fakeclaim overkill.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: May 09, 2016, 12:04:01 pm »

Well, that was an interesting role, that Fallacy had there.

And I can tell you that the "enlightened society" person is still active, to whatever purpose...  Given the soft-confirmation of Moonlit, I reckon that means either claimed-blocker or claimed-refuser is the bad guy... Any thoughts on this?

Oh ninjaed by Hector
 Are you worried that my Good Listener role isn't susceptible,  then? Hector seems to have put his foot in it.!

No, certain things occurred during the night that leads me to believe that Moonlit is benign, my role leads me to believe that TBF (and his meta...) is telling it true, which leaves you.

What does your good listening role do?

PPE: I did fakeclaim, yes, but for good reason. Moonlit will hopefully be able to confirm.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: May 09, 2016, 12:13:31 pm »

No, certain things occurred during the night that leads me to believe that Moonlit is benign, my role leads me to believe that TBF (and his meta...) is telling it true, which leaves you.
Lucky you. Until you spouted up, I still wasn't sure.
What does your good listening role do?
Unlike Fish's auto-refuser, I nod and smile at doorsteppers, but don't take them seriously.  Hence why I wanted to hint I was actually "auto accept" to trap anyone, once Fish made himself clear.

I was worried about Autos,  but I haven't heard about changes to my Wincon, so I feel happy enough.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: May 09, 2016, 12:16:40 pm »

Oh? What changes to your wincon were you expecting?

Were you visited last night?

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: May 09, 2016, 12:22:01 pm »

Oh? What changes to your wincon were you expecting?

Were you visited last night?

My "listen but ignore" suggests I'm not susceptible, but a secret auto of mine or an overpowering auto of my enemy's could have scuppered that protection. Tomasque hasn't said "Your wincon now is that you're with the Evil side", so I'm fairly confident the doorstepper didn't have an effect.  If you know different, tell me. If I now have an Evil wincon, I need to side with the person proven to be Evil, right?
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 237