Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 237

Author Topic: Mafia Marathon  (Read 231624 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Marathon (Semi-bastard) Bonus Round
« Reply #1425 on: April 14, 2016, 05:18:15 pm »

This is why I have issue with all the parentheses. It's like reading someone's unfiltered thoughts, it is rather difficult to follow a lot of the time.

I have great disdain for reading a sentence, wandering into the parentheses, then having to read the sentence again, ignore the parentheses to get what the sentence was in the first place, and then run into a second set of parentheses, read it, re-read the entire sentence for a second time ignoring two sets of parentheses and then a third set of parentheses... etc. etc.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: April 14, 2016, 07:17:37 pm »

Missed this:

Quote from: Starver
Fallacy's "Blocking-and-killing" action might yet have killed Fish/Frisk, Night 1.  Didn't even block me, but somehow guessed that I did nothing and didn't want the attention (whether good or ill).  For some reason, Moonlit doesn't want to realise/reveal this, in hindsight.

Oh? Well, that would mean he's telling the truth. It may be possible... who knows? Furthermore, does it matter?
Whut?

That's an extract from a possible alternative, if I have things wrong.

Who is it that (if this is the case) you think would now be telling the truth?
@Hector: What I'm asking is who is it that, if this is the case, Moonlit thinks would now be telling the truth.  But I'm not sure avoiding brackets helps.

And I don't know if it matters.  That's just one of three speculative differences from my conclusions.  I set less store in that being the truth.

But if it were correct, then Fallacy would have been faking "finding that I did nothing", which has Implications.  Which I have indeed been taking note of.

Well you better believe it because exactly what it said (well, paraphrasing because saying it exactly is against the rules) was that I couldn't vote or target Hector as long as he was Asriel.
I need to see how this turns out...  Sounds like you think that when Hector was claiming Chara, you could have voted or targeted Hector, in your ignorance as to the truth.  Even though you may have been fully aware of the lie.

You could even have legitimately done so, knowing what you apparently knew about the Evilness of Chara to construct a surprisingly good reason for Hector-Chara being Evil.

The only feasible reason you would not would have been actual Masonic-like knowledge, which doesn't sound feasibly compatible with the small-game format we're using, albeit that it's a Bastard-ish one most times.  But if that was so then your (fake?) shock at Hector's proclamation serves no purpose.

I'm left with the conclusion that you're mistaken as the most likely reason.  I acknowledge that there's loads of weird and wonderful possibilities, but I've got to go with the most likely one on the balance.

And what do scum like? To be in obscurity.
It helps, but it's not an absolute.

Let's go back to your other games as scum. You were barely noticed in the last game (fault of me, you were actually being pretty stupid), in the game with FoU as Driver you didn't do much either.
In both games I had a full back-story.  If not right from the start, certainly by the time serious questions were starting to be asked, and answered.  If anyone had actually asked me, I could tell you more about those pseudo-characters than I can actually tell you about this character.  But I wasn't going to volunteer my patter, lest you think it was a patter.  I was awaiting being asked about it.

My Technician with the somewhat screwy access to the security cameras was a Town Special, rather than a Town Investigator.  He was one of the ship's crew, not an evacuee. I even had a Secret Auto.  (That, of course 'I' did not know about beforehand, but that could have come into play if my hand was forced.)

But to blurt it all out would have been... well, the kind of thing Hector doesn't like.  I was drip-feeding you, and I got overexcited in name-checking my Playback skill by name so early on, but nobody even noticed so I just left it as an unconsidered Easter Egg, should anybody want to check back.  SFAICT, nobody voiced any opinions that suggested that they did.

(Almost everything I have about Undyne, I gave you straight during Day 2, I think.  My night action I left until it didn't matter to anybody.)

Well guess what? Your newfound activity in the past day has given me a lot to think about. In other words, Starver[/color=red].
Up to you.  If I get you all (bar one) to go with me I can't even win for... reasons.  And it's not newfound (nor strictly the past day), but that's outside the scope of the game.

I think it's both unlikely because he's Asriel, and because he's been pretty un-scummy in his posts.
The first part's possible, certainly.  For the second, YMDV.  I've seen Hector work in Town's interest in past rounds, and I just don't get the same feeling for this one...  Something's changed, and I can't even blame it all on me.

Was actually going to dive in and continue the seemingly futile dialogue with with Hector, again, but first I need to regain my reason to care...

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: April 14, 2016, 07:22:03 pm »

(EBWOP - Trying again, to fix the bad quote-tag.)

I think it's both unlikely because he's Asriel, and because he's been pretty un-scummy in his posts.
The first part's possible, certainly.  For the second, YMDV.  I've seen Hector work in Town's interest in past rounds, and I just don't get the same feeling for this one...  Something's changed, and I can't even blame it all on me.

Was actually going to dive in and continue the seemingly futile dialogue with with Hector, again, but first I need to regain my reason to care...

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: April 14, 2016, 10:30:02 pm »

If I'm correct, we now have 2 votes for Starver and 2 votes for Hector.
Impasse, oui?
~~~
3 votes is hammer. Whoever the scum is voting for, he/she could switch his/her vote to the other to cause a hammer. Unless of course he/she is one of the ones being voted.
In my belief, to some degree, that's evidence either hector or Starver is the scum.
~~~
At this point, my best idea is a full claim from everybody- we've had partial claims from everybody, but not full ones. And... well...

Tomasque: is this the last day of this round?
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: April 14, 2016, 10:40:22 pm »

I don't think a full claim will solve anything right now.

Anyway, I think everybody other than Moonlit (due to a new role) has basically claimed everything they have anyway.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: April 15, 2016, 08:11:48 am »

Tomasque: is this the last day of this round?
Yes.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: April 15, 2016, 11:46:37 am »

I don't think a full claim will solve anything right now.
If not now, then when?

Have I missed what your claimed action/ability/whatever is?

I am, and always have been, Undyne.  I am Neutral and and cannot now 'win' because there are no more night-times in which to discover a Human.  (Because that's what I do, apparently.)  All this was already revealed, but now in one place.  Probably helps Evil more than Town, though.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: April 15, 2016, 11:51:25 am »

Well what will a claim do? We can't confirm anything now, on D3.

How could you miss my claim? You just went through all the posts.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: April 15, 2016, 01:02:55 pm »

Well what will a claim do? We can't confirm anything now, on D3.
Right.  No claims on D1.  No claims on D3.  I'll remember that.

How could you miss my claim? You just went through all the posts.
Yes, and I just went through again a moment ago, because I had been sure you had said something, but it escaped me.  Hence why I tentatively asked, just now.  No need to be so spikey...

(I didn't use the word "role" in the message summary "Hector states Town Weakness.  Expects something Secret to happen.", meaning I didn't even find it in my summary drawn up and posted yesterday.  My self-Google-Fu broke, in other words.)

As to what help there is, obviously someone who is a Town Weak role (despite being a powerful and important game character, SFAICT) is weak because there's nothing at all they can do to prove themselves as a true Townie...  Even worse, when we necessarily have to ignore Lore.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: April 15, 2016, 04:25:37 pm »

Asriel is, at various points, a child, a homicidal flower after he dies and what is termed by the community as "the angel of death" during the final boss fight of the True Pacifist run.

Given that I have no abilities, I assume I'm the child version. This is why I was quite active during D1 and 2, as I have no other way to prove my town-ness beyond what I post, and why I was upset over few people voting on D1. Vote analysis is a pretty significant part of Mafia, especially in smaller games when you have much less time to question people.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: April 15, 2016, 05:44:30 pm »

I should have voted for Chara, yup...

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: April 15, 2016, 08:57:17 pm »

Ok, as it stands:

We don't know what Fish was originally.  Claimed Sans/Town Investigator.  Lynched off, then killed-for-real in replacement role, so who knows...
Hector says started as Asriel (Town Weak - apparently totally powerless), and would still be so.
Fallacy says Papyrus (Town Special? - Blue SOUL 'aggressive blocking' skill is possibly confirmed).
I say I'm Undyne (Neutral - as far as I'm concerned I'm a Vig, who failed) right from the start.
Moonlit was Chara (declared as Evil, takes credit for Fish's nightkill), initially.  But since the end of D2 is Nabstablook (who? ...top of the Tropes though, a Town Weak who is apparently outside of the process...

So at face value, starting scenario was Investigator, Weak, Special, Neutral, Evil.  (Covers the whole spectrum, reasonably.)  Current scenario is Weak, Special, Neutral, Weak #2.  (Reasonable.)  Unless at least at least one of those is not what it's said.

I think Hector and Moonlit have it tied up, if Fallacy is at all minded to change, from what's said.  Given who you are (at least with both Chara/Asriel being adoptive kin, but Nabstablook seems to be..? no idea what to make of them with their 'lazy/brutal' mix, sorry...) it seems obvious that you're closely enough allied to at least think you'd rather keep it at stalemate than do anything different.

Whatyergonnado, Fallacy?

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: April 15, 2016, 09:10:18 pm »

Current scenario is Weak, Special, Neutral, Weak #2.  (Reasonable.)  Unless at least at least one of those is not what it's said.

Yeah, with the roleswapping this is... wait what? Weak is Hector (Asriel), Special is FoU (Papyrus), I'm Weak 2 (Nabstablook), and you're Neutral (Undyne)? Oh... right, forgot. Anyway, with the roleswapping it's useless analyzing the way the roles are.
I was going by the order of my above rundown.  Skipping Fish for the 'current' status, thus that's, Hector, Fallacy, me and you.  I agree that the roleswapping/junking makes that not exactly an ideal thing to list, but no worse than the likelihood of at least one case of personation along the way...

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: April 15, 2016, 10:19:15 pm »

I'm Nabstablook. I have an auto which is that I am not counted in the Evil Role's wincon. I don't really believe Starver of his wincon, though it's kinda screaming 'I'm Evil'. He wants all humans to be gone, and if he visits them at night, they die.
If you're telling the truth, this breaks my theory that the lynch replaces people with monsters. Then again, you claim to have been a human originally...
~~~
I am Neutral and and cannot now 'win' because there are no more night-times in which to discover a Human.
I'm not entirely sure about that.
Tomasque: will there be a night phase after this day phase?
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: April 15, 2016, 10:20:42 pm »

If you're telling the truth, this breaks my theory that the lynch replaces people with monsters. Then again, you claim to have been a human originally...

Well, I think TBF's lynch (from claimed Sans) and death (he flipped Frisk) also breaks that theory :P

Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 237