Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16

Author Topic: Space Wizards 4: Now with more rocketpunk. Turn 14 (Mar 25)  (Read 23131 times)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Re: Space Wizards 4: Now with more rocketpunk. Turn 2 (4/3)
« Reply #75 on: February 04, 2016, 07:02:15 pm »

(Pokes head in) Didn't this used to be a thing? Before you killed it? Celestial Space Wizards or something?

Celestial Wizards was a spin-off. This is more in line with the older Space Wizards games that I hosted a long time ago.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
Re: Space Wizards 4: Now with more rocketpunk. Turn 1 (2/3)
« Reply #76 on: February 04, 2016, 07:16:04 pm »

This is good old-fashioned equipment maintenance.
(That does not answer my question.)
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Space Wizards 4: Now with more rocketpunk. Turn 1 (2/3)
« Reply #77 on: February 04, 2016, 07:16:46 pm »

((It's not a roll, I think he might mean.))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 04, 2016, 09:19:05 pm »

Pfff. She doesn't know what she's missing.

Grab the towel. Crumple up the note and toss it under the coffee table.

Anyway, Violaceous Turaco uses that 20 to enter the research section in search of his cape and anything that appears to be a weapon.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 04, 2016, 09:20:02 pm »

Wait, I thought I was just coming out of my cell. Why am I in a line, and possibly in a cafeteria?

Maybe we should get a map.

Apparently, trying to bluff the guards into thinking I was sick (with my +10 bonus) didn't even get a roll. Well, on to Plan B.

If there's only one (or none) guard who's in an appropriate position to shoot at me: Taser the guard that can shoot at me to death. Then, squish the guards that are under me (to complete the mini-quest), possibly crushing some of them to death. Then, pick up a needlegun and shoot all of the guards that I can with it. If I can, have everyone that I kill this turn become a sacrifice to my artifact.

If there are too many guards to fight: Continue flailing. "Sneeze" some fear spores with such "force" that I "accidentally" crush the guards beneath me. Dodge any taser shots/needles, "accidentally" disarm the guards beneath me with my "flailing", and try to swap my taser for a needlegun.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 04, 2016, 09:41:55 pm »

(I thought it does. You're performing maintenance on external equipment. It's not implanted inside you or anything, so it doesn't count as an implant.

The skill is supposed to represent your ability to take the implant out and keep it in order, or to work on it inside the body. It doesn't apply to something that doesn't go inside your body and doesn't relate to any sort of medical skills.)

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 04, 2016, 10:12:20 pm »

Use 1 free pick to turn the 20 into a skill point, putting it into Predator. (+stealth rolls)

Then, use another free pick to roll a 14 to sneak through the glass doors to the restricted area.

Well that was exciting. Now, the cowboy probably went over to get our artifacts. I won't be of much use here, so I may as well join him in the endeavor.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 05, 2016, 12:36:19 am »

Avoiding the vision of the guards, attempt to leave through the glass doors.

Raioyris' pays 'the butcher' a last look before walking away. I hope I didn't hurt him too bad.

Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 05, 2016, 04:00:10 am »

Turn 3

Wait, I thought I was just coming out of my cell. Why am I in a line, and possibly in a cafeteria?

Maybe we should get a map.

Apparently, trying to bluff the guards into thinking I was sick (with my +10 bonus) didn't even get a roll. Well, on to Plan B.

If there's only one (or none) guard who's in an appropriate position to shoot at me: Taser the guard that can shoot at me to death. Then, squish the guards that are under me (to complete the mini-quest), possibly crushing some of them to death. Then, pick up a needlegun and shoot all of the guards that I can with it. If I can, have everyone that I kill this turn become a sacrifice to my artifact.

If there are too many guards to fight: Continue flailing. "Sneeze" some fear spores with such "force" that I "accidentally" crush the guards beneath me. Dodge any taser shots/needles, "accidentally" disarm the guards beneath me with my "flailing", and try to swap my taser for a needlegun.

(You are coming out of your cell. The line is right next to your cell. Your cell block was close to the hallway.
Who needs a map?
Anyway, I never said they don't think you're sick right now...)

Able Guard: Someone help this thing up!
The lone guard not pinned realizes that he is alone. The other guard that was with him seems to have scampered off to help Archie do something.
Able Guard: Frick... what the hell are you doing? Come on, we need to--
That's when you shoot him. On the highest setting. Because he wasn't expecting it, you autohit for a critical strike. (Defense: 4) The shot impacts him directly in the face, not only causing his whole body to sieze, but probably flying his brain in the process. You aren't supposed to shoot people in the head with those. There are two brown marks visible on his nose where the plasma channels entered.

[Strength + Wrestle: 6+1] You settle down further on top of all the guards to keep them in place, but with an organized effort they manage to heave your girth off of them, throwing you back.
None of them have needleguns, fortunately for you, but they all have stun pistols except the one you stole it from. They somehow don't notice the pistol you're holding behind your back.
Unarmed Guard: Where'd my pistol go?

Raioyris tries to sneak past, but one of the three guards you just tried to squish sees him and goes off. That leaves three guards immediately next to you, and another guard over at Archie's cell. Raioyris is currently midway through the hall.

(Miniquest might not be practical anymore. Quest updated. Also I clarified on which roll is picked for all of them. The defense roll is used for all of them. You only roll once if you wrestle them all at once, since it's a single action.)
(You also don't have your artifact on you. It's probably beyond the glass doors in the cafeteria)

Dice queue (You have no 20's, 3 free picks): [-] [-] [-] [-] [-] [-]
Miniquests:
Body Slam: Pin one guard such that his action modifiers are -20. (Reward: If you wrestle multiple people at once, you now use the lowest defense roll for all of them.)

Spoiler: Arthur, AKA ATHATH (click to show/hide)

Avoiding the vision of the guards, attempt to leave through the glass doors.

Raioyris' pays 'the butcher' a last look before walking away. I hope I didn't hurt him too bad.

[Stealth: 10] One of the guards catches you as you walk past. He runs up to you as you make your way through the hall.
Guard: Hey, hold on...
[Charisma + Suspicious Opinion (-1) + Persuasion: 14+2-1] You're just getting food, aren't you? He lets you go, having bigger things to worry about.

(A character that is suspicious will have a -1 modifier. Your Appearance only gets you so far, if you cause an NPC to shift to a negative attitude your +1 goes away.)

Lunch isn't being served anymore. You wonder who's supposed to be serving it, and where he ran off to.
You innocently walk through the glass doors, wearing the padded suit that's sure to get you shot if you're sighted. [Stealth: 10] Narrowly avoiding the guard in an office you pass (who walks out and heads back toward the cafeteria), you come across a lounge. Something tells you someone was here before.

Quote from: in the footsteps of...
At the end, you enter what looks to be a lounge area. Half the floor is taken up by a giant round window with a grate over it to make it smooth. Perched over the window is a short coffee table too small to hide under, a large sofa, two rotating chairs, and a polymer desk next to a bookcase.

On the coffee table you find a white towel with a note attached to it. You read it: "This is NOT the towel! Whoever mixed them up is about to be fired. -Dr. Hans"

The desk has an open book on it, a classic Epic known as Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. It's turned to a part about a towel, apparently. The desk lamp is still on.
The bookcase itself is sparsely populated, but contains mostly classic from across the galaxy, both ancient, pre-virus, and post-virus.

There are two hallways branching off from this room. The signs on the wall says one goes to the research wing [RESEARCH PERSONNEL ONLY], while the other goes to the rest of the quarters.

Dice queue (1 free picks): 4 20 16 2 11 1
Miniquests:
The Butchererer: Commit violent acts of justice three more times (Reward: You unlock the ability to use both hands in unarmed combat (you can attack twice))

Use 1 free pick to turn the 20 into a skill point, putting it into Predator. (+stealth rolls)

Then, use another free pick to roll a 14 to sneak through the glass doors to the restricted area.

Well that was exciting. Now, the cowboy probably went over to get our artifacts. I won't be of much use here, so I may as well join him in the endeavor.

[Stealth: 14+1] You sneak past effortlessly, following about thirty seconds behind Raioyris. However, a guard with a needle rifle comes through, and you just barely take cover behind a food table upon hearing the footsteps before he shows up. As he walks past, back into the hallway, and wades into the noise of the faceless prisoner crowd do you walk past.

You bump into Raioyris in the lounge.

Quote from: deja vu
At the end, you enter what looks to be a lounge area. Half the floor is taken up by a giant round window with a grate over it to make it smooth. Perched over the window is a short coffee table too small to hide under, a large sofa, two rotating chairs, and a polymer desk next to a bookcase.

On the coffee table you find a white towel with a note attached to it. You read it: "This is NOT the towel! Whoever mixed them up is about to be fired. -Dr. Hans"

The desk has an open book on it, a classic Epic known as Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. It's turned to a part about a towel, apparently. The desk lamp is still on.
The bookcase itself is sparsely populated, but contains mostly classic from across the galaxy, both ancient, pre-virus, and post-virus.

There are two hallways branching off from this room. The signs on the wall says one goes to the research wing [RESEARCH PERSONNEL ONLY], while the other goes to the rest of the quarters.

Dice queue (1 free picks): 4 12 10 20 20 10

Pfff. She doesn't know what she's missing.

Grab the towel. Crumple up the note and toss it under the coffee table.

Anyway, Violaceous Turaco uses that 20 to enter the research section in search of his cape and anything that appears to be a weapon.

You focus all of your will, all of your pride, every last drop of luck into making this count. You're not getting shoved back inside that cell.
(The 20 was already at the front, but yeah. I assume you want the quest.)

[20] You barge into the door. Dramatically. A scientist stands in the center of the room, examining a strange, demonic altar in the middle of a reinforced glass tank that can be raised into the ceiling by a hydraulic actuator (the control panel for it is nowhere to be found).
Analog computers cover the far wall up to the ceiling, along with a stepladder for shorter employees to reach the upper dials and switches. Lots of cable and wires are present, although you're not quite sure what everything does.

To your right is a female clerk, who prior to your entrance was working a desk job. There's a stack of smartpapers on the corner of the desk, as well as a divider holding record papers and a desk light. She stands up and grabs the closest weapon she can find: A foundtain pen from a desk drawer.

And lastly, just at the door to the left (marked HAZARDOUS MATERIALS STORAGE) is an indescript worker in a hazmat suit. He carries a tray of petri dishes, apparently illuminated by a UV lamp clipped to the tray.

There's a camera in the far right corner. Better make this one count.

Dice queue (0 free picks): 4 11 17 6 7
Miniquests:
Dramatic Entrance: Subdue all who have been alerted by your presence. Non-lethally. (Reward: You are now unable to kill people unintentionally, unless you roll a 20)

"It's a bit of a tricky proposition, but What I do is retract my arms into the body of the suit, twist it the torso so that my face-screen is behind me, crouch slightly so as to give the head part of my suit a bit of freedom of movement, thus allowing me to get a window by flipping the head of the suit forward. this provides me a narrow window to see the controls. after that, I do most of it by hand feel, using what little vision I have to fine tune controls."

Archibald would explain as he demonstrates the positioning as he prepares to change tanks.  He would then quickly set to work on switching them out, and the guard could hear him audibly inhale as he prepares to disconnect the old tank.

(does this get affected by augmentation? It's not exactly a implant, but..)

[Maintenance: 20] You make the switch.

A puff of yellow gas comes out as you remove the first tank and replace it.
You then realize that the old tank was leaking, its inner seal corroded away. As colorless gas leaks out, you notice that it's having an effect on the guard: He is now itching profusely, feeling rather uncomfortable, and limping around half-asleep at the same time. You're not sure why the oxygen is doing that, unless the tanks were laced with some sort of chemical mixed into the gas.

Dice queue (1 free picks): 20 3 6 15 19 6 15

Wrap the dice in the towel, but re-roll that 2  and the 3 first.

You throw the 2 on the ground. [2] It comes up as 2 again. Most interesting, the chances of that happening are 1 in 20.

You then roll the [3]. It comes up again as three. That's a 1 in 400 chance.

Something is definitely up here. You put the dice back in the towel and behold the chaos that is ocurring in the cell block, with several guards clustered around a very, very sick mushroom person, who seems to be hiding a stun pistol behind his back.

[13+3] Something happens when you jumble the dice together. You're not sure what, exactly, but you have a feeling that, well, something is happening.

Dice queue (2 free picks): [?] [?] [?] [?] [?] [?]

« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 04:44:27 pm by _DivideByZero_ »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Space Wizards 4: Now with more rocketpunk. Turn 3 (2/5)
« Reply #84 on: February 05, 2016, 05:31:11 am »

...Right.

Open the towel back up.

Remove dice.  Put in a pocket.

Cover face.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 05:31:31 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 05, 2016, 06:49:15 am »

Wait in the queue, I guess.
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 05, 2016, 10:35:25 am »

Look innocent, then sucker-taser all of the remaining guards. If any of them live, charge into them before they can fire their tasers and pin them against the wall (getting hit with a taser penalizes your wrestling rolls, right?).
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 05, 2016, 01:06:05 pm »

Look innocent, then sucker-taser all of the remaining guards. If any of them live, charge into them before they can fire their tasers and pin them against the wall (getting hit with a taser penalizes your wrestling rolls, right?).

(It most probably will.)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 05, 2016, 03:21:27 pm »

Archibald would mumble an "Uh oh" and start righting himself in his suit. The seal had been compromised, meaning that even with the filter built into his suit, chances are the poor sod is infected with megaInfluenza. Either that, or there was a high enough dose of spores clogging the filter to mess the poor sod up. Either way, he needed to get them to a medical ward ASAP. If the guard would let him, he would quickly start assisting them in the direction of it, or at the very least the research station.
(Do I get a miniquest? or two?)
« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 03:31:22 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 05, 2016, 03:39:54 pm »

Archibald would mumble an "Uh oh" and start righting himself in his suit. The seal had been compromised, meaning that even with the filter built into his suit, chances are the poor sod is infected with megaInfluenza. Either that, or there was a high enough dose of spores clogging the filter to mess the poor sod up. Either way, he needed to get them to a medical ward ASAP. If the guard would let him, he would quickly start assisting them in the direction of it, or at the very least the research station.
(Do I get a miniquest? or two?)

(You have to use free pick to get a miniquest for a 20. You didn't have any at the time. You have one now though.

It's supposed to balance out the fact that you can basically build 20's using the combination mechanics.)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16