Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16

Author Topic: Space Wizards 4: Now with more rocketpunk. Turn 14 (Mar 25)  (Read 23118 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Space Wizards 4: Now with more rocketpunk. Turn 1 (2/3)
« Reply #60 on: February 03, 2016, 10:16:47 pm »

((Right.

Anywho I put stuff in my backstory.))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 03, 2016, 10:17:14 pm »

where does that place Archibald?
Also, why is there a hitchhiker in this galaxy?!

((Edited to make it clearer.

Also, blame TheBiggerFish. It's his character. :)))
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 03, 2016, 10:23:03 pm »

thankya much.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 03, 2016, 11:16:09 pm »

Wait, our rooms have bars? I thought our cells were carved-out shipping containers. I'm still being taken out of my cell, right?

"ACHOO!"

Release some irritating (as in, physically itchy and uncomfortable, not irritated as in the emotion) spores.

"Ugh, I feel really sick- BLEGH."

Throw up some more irritation spores on the guards.

"Sorry about *sniff* that. ACK!"

"Collapse" onto one of their uber-one-shot guns, knocking to the floor (almost under me, so that they won't try to grab it back, but not so far that I can't pull it out and shoot it quickly).

"Just... Just a minute... You... Might not want to stand- ACHOO-"

More spores, in an area around me!

"-Near me..."

While they're moving back and have their guard down, shoot them both with the uber-rifle. Use my 20 on this.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 11:19:35 pm by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 03, 2016, 11:48:07 pm »

((I see you updated my action, I was going to ask why I didn't get my skill point and why my defense roll didn't use a queued dice and add my dexterity.))

Split my 8 (should cost no free actions), then use my two remaining free actions to add one of the split portions to my 16 and move it to the front of the queue.

"Um sir, forgive me, I never intended to make you go and do that."

Ouch, he looks pretty hurt. I bet I could outmaneuver him now even in this suit. I better not kill him though, that's what got me into this mess in the first place.

Maneuver behind my assailant, then swing my arm out and strike the back of his neck hard enough to knock him to the floor.

I like this dice queue system. A lot more thinking goes into my actions because of it and plus I'm still being screwed over by bad rolls for my next few actions. :P
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 04, 2016, 01:04:44 am »

Wait, our rooms have bars? I thought our cells were carved-out shipping containers. I'm still being taken out of my cell, right?

The whole room is a huge cargo container. Cargo containers are sturdy and cheap pressurrizeable hulls.

Waiting on inaluct and HighEndNoob.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 04, 2016, 01:47:27 pm »

I take advantage of the multiple fairly serious incidents happening right now (there's a prison fight, a space mushroom running amok, people still pouring into the cafeteria, and the guards are on strike and refusing to let people enter or leave) to sneak back through those glass doors, keeping my eye out for the guard with the needle rifle, places of concealment (closets, under desks, etc), and recognizable space wizard artifacts, hopefully my own.

Dice queue (3 free picks): 5 12 20 18 4

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 04, 2016, 03:30:40 pm »

Cover my face with the towel.

Towel: Queue?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 04, 2016, 05:21:57 pm »

((Sorry, yourmaster posted. But...

I don't usually make exceptions, but since in some pre-game PM's the others were mentioning your character, I guess I have to include you. So on we go.))

Turn 2

Release some irritating (as in, physically itchy and uncomfortable, not irritated as in the emotion) spores.

[18] You release a sudden puff of spores. Nearby prisoners start itching and scratching their bodies.
Guard: Get ahold of yourself. Come on.

Throw up some more irritation spores on the guards.

[17] You try really hard to direct the spores in the direction of the guard, creating a visible spray. It still seems to have no effect.
Guard: I said move it!

The guard tries to drag you. More guards come to help, three in total.

"Collapse" onto one of their uber-one-shot guns, knocking to the floor (almost under me, so that they won't try to grab it back, but not so far that I can't pull it out and shoot it quickly).

[Wrestle + Strength: 20+1] [d6: 4] ((Funny enough, the 20 was what you rolled, so it wouldn't cost you a free pick, but you get a miniquest for this because of it.))

You trip unintentionally, landing directly on top of the four guards trying to pull you! Rolls: [14][1][5][13].
The guards begin to suffocate, their precarious location beneath you granting them -7, -20, -16, and -8 to their next actions respectively.

[Wrestle + Strength: 10+1] You wrestle one of their stun-pistols free. It is a zIF-22 Rancor, a weapon commonly used by law-enforcement. It has a slider which alters the energy of the shock it gives. On the highest setting it can give severe surface burns. On the lowest setting it produces a painful tickling effect on human flesh.

You are currently at the back of the line, with four guards in close range. On the other side of the line there may be more guards, the distance at this point being mid range (basically outside of 20ft).

Dice queue (You have no 20's, 2 free picks): [-] [-] [-] [-] [-] [-]
Miniquests:
Body Slam: Pin all four guards such that their action modifiers are -20. (Reward: If you wrestle multiple people at once, you now use the highest roll for all of them.)

Spoiler: Arthur, AKA ATHATH (click to show/hide)

Split my 8 (should cost no free actions), then use my two remaining free actions to add one of the split portions to my 16 and move it to the front of the queue.

"Um sir, forgive me, I never intended to make you go and do that."

Ouch, he looks pretty hurt. I bet I could outmaneuver him now even in this suit. I better not kill him though, that's what got me into this mess in the first place.

Maneuver behind my assailant, then swing my arm out and strike the back of his neck hard enough to knock him to the floor.

[Mobility: 13+2 vs 2-3] Excercising unnatural deftness even in a padded suit, you maneuver behind your foe and secure a garaunteed critical hit. In fact, he seems so confused he doesn't even see you. That means...
[Unarmed + Strength: 20] You whack him rather hard on the back of the head. (Defense: 18) Your padded arm bounces off his skull. [Critical: 14+3] On the surface, it seems the padded suit has worked against you. But in truth, you applied force in the exact position necessary in order to jar his head and give him a virtual concussion.
The Butcher slumps to the floor, defeated.

Dice queue (0 free picks): 14 10 4 20 16 2
Miniquests:
The Butchererer: Commit violent acts of justice three more times (Reward: You unlock the ability to use both hands in unarmed combat (you can attack twice))

You're feeling lucky today. All you need to do now is sit back and watch chaos unfold.

Dice queue (3 free picks): 4 20 12 14 10 20

I take advantage of the multiple fairly serious incidents happening right now (there's a prison fight, a space mushroom running amok, people still pouring into the cafeteria, and the guards are on strike and refusing to let people enter or leave) to sneak back through those glass doors, keeping my eye out for the guard with the needle rifle, places of concealment (closets, under desks, etc), and recognizable space wizard artifacts, hopefully my own.

Dice queue (3 free picks): 5 12 20 18 4

Oh silly you! The glass doors are precisely what the guards are barring access to. They've likely got their eyes set on it. After all, prison fights are a regular occurrence.

[Stealth: 18] Wait... it seems that none of them are actually paying attention. The four guards occupied by the Space Mushroom are currently busy at the base of the line, and there are only two guards in the cafeteria. Both of whom you walk casually past as their attention is drawn toward what is going on at the back of the line.

Now in the cafeteria, you notice that the server who hands out food is a woman. You think quickly, calculating the precise angle your teeth need in order to reflect the flourescent lamps into her eyes.
And then you smile.

[Charisma: 5+2] The woman runs away screaming into the kitchen.

The glass doors are wide open.

[Observation: 12] Now inside a restricted area, you try to listen past the arguing and shouting from beyond the cafeteria, to see if there's anyone coming up the hallway.
Nobody in the first hallway. That's a good sign. You walk past the kitchen entrance, a utility closet, and an office, inside which you see a black silhouette--the exact color of the guards' uniform.

At the end, you enter what looks to be a lounge area. Half the floor is taken up by a giant round window with a grate over it to make it smooth. Perched over the window is a short coffee table too small to hide under, a large sofa, two rotating chairs, and a polymer desk next to a bookcase.

On the coffee table you find a white towel with a note attached to it. You read it: "This is NOT the towel! Whoever mixed them up is about to be fired. -Dr. Hans"

The desk has an open book on it, a classic Epic known as Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. It's turned to a part about a towel, apparently. The desk lamp is still on.
The bookcase itself is sparsely populated, but contains mostly classic from across the galaxy, both ancient, pre-virus, and post-virus.

There are two hallways branching off from this room. The signs on the wall says one goes to the research wing [RESEARCH PERSONNEL ONLY], while the other goes to the rest of the quarters.

Dice queue (1 free picks): 20 4 11 17 6

archibald would note the intercom announcement, and approach the guards. He looks somewhat worried.
"Excuse me, but if we are being kept here against our will, I require a spare oxygen tank, along with the tools to exchange them from my suit. Otherwise, I will have to remove or breach my suit for the sake of survival, a terrifying prospect considering the amount of adapted organisms trapped within. Would you kindly do me a favor, and prevent this disaster for me?
he would keep his tone amicable, and while a threat is implied, it would be passive and spoken more as a concern for everyone else.
(Spend one 20 on a intimidation point, and the other on a persuader point. Split the 15.)

Two more guards show up in an attempt to restrain the space mushroom. You attempt to get one's attention, [Starting Opinion + Polite Request: 8+1+1] but the current matter seems more pressing. He doesn't seem to be threatened (certain characters have personalities or attitudes that prevent them from sensing implied stuff).
[Intimidation + Starting Opinion + Polite Request: 8+1+1+1] The other guard seems a bit more timid. He looks back at the space mushroom thrashing around, considers his options, and then looks back at you nodding.

Timid guard: I'll get you an oxygen tank. I mean, and the tools...

He seems a bit shaken by the current events. But true to his word, the guard returns holding a small cylinder of liquid oxygen covered in condensation, and an electric screwdriver with some heads.

Timid guard: How are you going to replace it when it's in your backpack?

((Sorry, you used a free pick to split the 16 earlier. That means you only had two picks this turn.
I merged Indimidation, Politeness, and Elegance into Conduct. Don't worry, you get the same bonuses as before))
Dice queue (0 free picks): 20 20 3 6 15 19 6

[Stealth: 20] You don't have your towel. But you do know where to get one! As the guard lets the others out, you take off and head to the laundry room. The guard on the catwalk doesn't see you, fortunately, since his attention is focused on the line that's forming to the cafeteria.
You walk to the nearest bin of washed towels and yank the first one you see.

As you press the towel to your face, it drops some black twenty-sided dice that were folded up inside it.
You read the values:
Dice queue (3 free picks): 2 13 3 13 19 20

Get back and just observe what's happening.

[Observation: 4] You don't see much of anything. But the line of twenty-so prisoners sure seems agitated.

Dice queue (3 free picks): 20 6 4 1 15 20

« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 12:28:02 am by _DivideByZero_ »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Space Wizards 4: Now with more rocketpunk. Turn 2 (4/3)
« Reply #69 on: February 04, 2016, 05:37:49 pm »

((Er, that was my first roll, and a 20?))
Sigtext

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 04, 2016, 06:16:51 pm »

"It's a bit of a tricky proposition, but What I do is retract my arms into the body of the suit, twist it the torso so that my face-screen is behind me, crouch slightly so as to give the head part of my suit a bit of freedom of movement, thus allowing me to get a window by flipping the head of the suit forward. this provides me a narrow window to see the controls. after that, I do most of it by hand feel, using what little vision I have to fine tune controls."

Archibald would explain as he demonstrates the positioning as he prepares to change tanks.  He would then quickly set to work on switching them out, and the guard could hear him audibly inhale as he prepares to disconnect the old tank.

(does this get affected by augmentation? It's not exactly a implant, but..)
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 06:39:00 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 04, 2016, 06:18:55 pm »

Wrap the dice in the towel, but re-roll that 2  and the 3 first.

((I mostly posted because, y'know, you put me in the cellblock.))
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 10:15:13 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 04, 2016, 06:45:03 pm »

"It's a bit of a tricky proposition, but What I do is retract my arms into the body of the suit, twist it the torso so that my face-screen is behind me, crouch slightly so as to give the head part of my suit a bit of freedom of movement, thus allowing me to get a window by flipping the head of the suit forward. this provides me a narrow window to see the controls. after that, I do most of it by hand feel, using what little vision I have to fine tune controls."

Archibald would explain as he demonstrates the positioning as he prepares to change tanks.  He would then quickly set to work on switching them out, and the guard could hear him audibly inhale as he prepares to disconnect the old tank.

(does this get affected by augmentation? It's not exactly a implant, but..)

This is good old-fashioned equipment maintenance.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 04, 2016, 06:51:06 pm »

(Pokes head in) Didn't this used to be a thing? Before you killed it? Celestial Space Wizards or something?
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 04, 2016, 06:51:52 pm »

((It's Space Wizards 4, so, yes?))
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16