Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 36

Author Topic: Local Emergency Mafia | Bastard Game: GAME OVER, DEUS ASMOTH'S CULT WINS!  (Read 46824 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Local Emergency Mafia | Bastard Game: Day 3 (6/9)
« Reply #345 on: April 13, 2016, 03:37:23 pm »

In my first paragraph of the game, I breadcrumbed my role:

Can we take a moment before we start properly to share any game relevant info? One of the things I've learned from playing previous bastard games is that there's always a puzzle embedded in them that needs to be solved. Puzzle solving comes out of clues, so if you have any clue, do share!

I soft claim my inspect results on Moonlit on D2:
Without claiming yet, I can tell you I have good reason to believe Moonlit is lying.

Yesterday I knew TDS wasn't an arsonist, because arson is a crime and TDS came up clean when I inspected him.

If there's any arsonist, what better cover than from a 'fire chief'? Deus Asmoth

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: April 13, 2016, 03:46:38 pm »

I'm finding it hard to believe that DA has that your role flavour of looking for accelerants (which I would expect to be something of "is/is not an arsonist" result) leads you to a cultist result.

However, also not quite sure how cop roles work (I've had it once, in a BM game) so... would a cult leader show up as the cult leader with an investigation result, as opposed to a cultist?

Also, NQT, what kind of results do you get? You claimed you knew Moonlit was lying about his wincon after N1; presumably investigated TDS after N2, resulting in a "clean" investigation (not criminal?) and finally Moonlit N3, who is a political follower.

Sounds like three different types of investigation there, bro.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: April 13, 2016, 04:08:14 pm »

Sounds like three different types of investigation there, bro.
You wouldn't know if you don't have role actions, but all the action results are rich with description and in my case have to be interpreted. You could say I'm a flavour cop, but part of the inspect is bolded so I know whether or not someone is a criminal.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: April 13, 2016, 04:15:54 pm »

hector: all I can tell you is that I went to TDS's place to look for evidence and found a bunch of posters for someone who was definitely not TDS and a cultist result.

NQT:
In my first paragraph of the game, I breadcrumbed my role:

Can we take a moment before we start properly to share any game relevant info? One of the things I've learned from playing previous bastard games is that there's always a puzzle embedded in them that needs to be solved. Puzzle solving comes out of clues, so if you have any clue, do share!
It's amazing how useful breadcrumbing things is when it comes to pulling 'aha!' moments and proving absolutely nothing. Can scum not breadcrumb a fakeclaim or something? In any case, you converted TDS on night 2 then? And I'm guessing you tried to convert TMS during night 1, which is why you don't have the numbers to win yet. So who did you target last night?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: April 13, 2016, 06:38:09 pm »

Day 4 Votecount
Fillipk (0)
Deus Asmoth (1): NotQuiteThere
TheDarkStar (0)
Hector13 (0)
Reverie (0)
NotQuiteThere (2): Deus Asmoth, Fillipk

Not Voting: TheDarkStar, Hector13, Reverie.

Election Nominations:
Revarie (1/4)

Not Voting: Fillipk, Deus Asmoth, TheDarkStar, Reverie, NotQuiteThere.

4 votes needed for majority

Day 4 will end on Friday at 9:00PM about 46 hours from now.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 02:40:07 pm by origamiscienceguy »
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Local Emergency Mafia | Bastard Game: Day 4 (6/9)
« Reply #350 on: April 14, 2016, 03:24:35 pm »

NQT: First of all, unless I'm missing something, I'm not in a cult. It's actually pretty odd that you'd come to that conclusion after BlackHeartKabal's false result, but he played with the idea that his power was broken before we confirmed that it was. Are you trying to piggyback on that to bolster a fakeclaim or is there something screwy going on? More specifically, what gives you the idea that I'm a 'political follower'?

Anyways, I suppose it does look like we have a cult. If Deus isn't talking out of his ass, there's an arsonist too. I did check fillipk's claim, and that checked out, so he can't be our arsonist, despite the oily flavour. I can't discount that he hasn't been indoctrinated into the cult since I've checked him, but I'm more interested in finding the leader and doing away with him. hector13 is vanilla town, so he is both not an arsonist or in a cult since I've just read him.
That leaves Deus, NQT and TDS as absolute unknowns. Seeing as how NQT is wrongly calling me out as a cultist, I'm inclined to disbelieve his intentions, but not necessarily that he's a cop. The game works in pairs, so having both a fire chief and a cop makes sense, but there was never any guarantee that either would be good and just. I don't know. I'll refrain from voting for now, but I want to hear people's thoughts.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: April 14, 2016, 03:34:55 pm »

To be honest, I'm inclined to vote for either DA or NQT.

I think it's noteworthy ATH was the chief physician, and he had the option to be a candidate for the mayor, so it could easily be the case for the remaining two "chiefs" as well.

I also meant to look back on DA and fillipk's history, since I'm reasonably sure fillipk has backed DA with little to no evidence before, but I haven't got round to it.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: April 14, 2016, 03:42:26 pm »

I think it's noteworthy ATH was the chief physician, and he had the option to be a candidate for the mayor, so it could easily be the case for the remaining two "chiefs" as well.
Woah, fair point.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: April 14, 2016, 04:47:52 pm »

I also meant to look back on DA and fillipk's history, since I'm reasonably sure fillipk has backed DA with little to no evidence before, but I haven't got round to it.
I believe I have, but there was always some evidence to go off of, maybe it was something I noticed or brought up at that point but it was always something.

Woah, fair point.
So you are insinuating that they are both cult leaders, well given that it is day 4 shouldn't we all be cultists and locked in some sort of 3v3 stale mate then?
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: April 14, 2016, 04:52:34 pm »

So you are insinuating that they are both cult leaders, well given that it is day 4 shouldn't we all be cultists and locked in some sort of 3v3 stale mate then?
Not exactly. If the doctor's claim was any indication, the potential candidates would have to activate themselves to create the cult.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: April 14, 2016, 05:14:58 pm »

You know that politics and religion are very similar, so perhaps the "cult" in this case is a political party, that can't convert people. They just need to gain the mayors title. Cult of personality and all that...

So, since nobody seems to be going for the Reverie nomination but also nothing has actually been said anything against it in the two times I've voted for her, perhaps there are two political parties. One headed up by each of NQT and DA, with TDS and fillipk as their respective aides or whatever.

Though this perhaps doesn't make much sense for the third party, headed by ATH. Unless Reverie is the aide for that, which is not beyond the realms of possibility. NQT's claim to have investigated and returned the result "political follower" certainly points that way.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: April 14, 2016, 05:31:03 pm »

Except if I were a political follower/aide to the late ATH I think I would have known it. If he was indeed a potential cult leader, he died before he could convert anyone, so that doesn't make any sense.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: April 14, 2016, 05:37:38 pm »

Just thinking out loud. I don't think anyone is going to confirm this for me *shrugs* but it makes sense to me.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: April 14, 2016, 05:43:47 pm »

Just thinking out loud. I don't think anyone is going to confirm this for me *shrugs* but it makes sense to me.

It makes sense to me too, actually, except the part about me being a cultist. NQT and Deus really do appear to be cult leaders.

If we do vote for a mayor today, it should be someone who does not appear to be one of the candidates. Preferably not you, either, since you might be a survivor who needs to become the mayor to win.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: April 14, 2016, 05:51:01 pm »

How about no mayor? There really is no room for one in the anarcho-townie wincon.
Maybe we just win by postponing the election ad-infinitum? Maybe killing both the police chief and the fire chief, leaving no cult at all? If we take out NQT first, that leaves us with a Deus with an unresolved wincon (he still has to find his arsonist), and then we take him out too. Boom, that's it.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 36