Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12

Author Topic: Black Desert, the new Korean Grindfest 9000  (Read 30641 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Black Desert, the new Korean Grindfest 9000
« Reply #105 on: March 30, 2016, 03:46:47 pm »

Prices are not set in stone, if you keep selling at max price, the max price can go up. Same for minimum prices.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 31, 2016, 03:58:01 pm »

TL;DW: He afk fishes at a spot that already counts as exhausted so it can't get worse, and it isn't even the best spot around, drops his inventory at a merchant he hasn't even really optimized, makes almost 1,000,000 silver for the trip.

So when I ask if this trivializes silver, I mean that someone playing the game in the expected way (running errands, making stuff, doing business) is going to make money at an extremely slow rate in comparison, while the player economy suffers from silver inflation. So it's like making $3 an hour but eggs cost $1 each. Alternately, if fishing is the necessary way to engage with the player economy because of that inflation, the game becomes Black Desert Online Fishing Simulator With Some Horses Also.

Does it seem like that's happening?

The game is what you choose to do in it, for some people it's grind 24/7 and for some it's fishing or whatever else.

You can get a lot more money just grinding mobs efficiently in about any semi decent area, long before lvl 50.

Just like you can get a lot of money from agriculture, if you know what you're doing. Same with trading. Fishing is just a low hanging fruit and people like it because you can do it afk, and there's no energy cost.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 31, 2016, 04:32:31 pm »

Not just having no energy cost, but actually able to recoup energy while you're gaining money.

Although I'm honestly not entirely sure how that works. Sometimes I logged off one character to another then back, and that character didn't regain any energy. Same if I logged out completely and came back an hour or two later. But if I left it for the day and came back the next (not necessarily 24 hours later), I had a full bar. (It is possible I am remembering incorrectly, that after logging out I never came back in less than 24 hours and that it would be at that point that you regain a full bar.)

Anyway, I suppose this is can also be true with trading (if you don't haggle or check the price of goods), or grinding mobs.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 04:34:12 pm by Niveras »

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 31, 2016, 05:40:03 pm »

Everything but the character in use has the offline regen rate which is 1energy/30mins.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 04, 2016, 01:45:00 pm »

Up to the 41 now with my Witch.  Skilled in gathering and processing.  Fishing Boat construction is getting into swing now that I've secured the supply chain and stuff.  I'll be selling that at max price, like I'm now doing for Strong Wagons.

Leveled up Tamer and Valkyrie to lower 20s. 
A whole lot of wtf are my moves and screw it, I'mma be a freaking whirlwind/spammer using only basic/easy moves.  That totally works at that level too, cause both classes have skills that spin the NPC around for easy back attacks and plenty of evasion moves that I can just keep on attacking with minimal damage taken.  Obviously won't work as well when I start hitting things that are immune to many of the basic effects that I now rely on at the 20s.  But maybe I'll remember how to use the other moves by then... or forget it all again.
Its a fun change of pace playing as whirlwind/spammer melee.  Its easy.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Finndibaenn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 05, 2016, 04:53:43 pm »

I just reached Kaplan and can't manage to make the transport option available in the warehouse.
I activated all points between Kaplan and Glish and Glish itself is connected to Heidel and Velia.

I am able to transport goods without issues between  Heidel, Velia, Glish (and Olvia , not sure where it is though ...) but Keplan doesn't show.

What did I miss ?

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 05, 2016, 09:53:14 pm »

I just reached Kaplan and can't manage to make the transport option available in the warehouse.
I activated all points between Kaplan and Glish and Glish itself is connected to Heidel and Velia.

Double check to make sure you actually invested in each node along the way. If you activate the nodes on either side then you'll see the lines going all the way, but unless each node is actually invested it won't count.

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 06, 2016, 01:01:07 am »

I am able to transport goods without issues between  Heidel, Velia, Glish (and Olvia , not sure where it is though ...) but Keplan doesn't show.

What did I miss ?

Maybe you need to connect to Calpheon as well for some obscure reason ?

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 06, 2016, 01:55:57 pm »

Kinda weird to me that some warrior in my guild was complaining about not being able to dodge ranged attacks, specifically from the Owl Archers north of Florin.  Even complaining that arrows change directions to hit him.  Maybe he means the archers being accurate... cause they can be.

So I went there and tried it out and had zero problems evading, not even with arrows changing direction.
Owl Archers, their timing is very consistent, once you figure out the sweet spot, you can evade em all day.  Problem is you'll have to take a hit or 2 if you want to let off a proper combo. (But yea, that is what my shank is for.)

Dodging ranged is basically moving/evading before they loose their attacks, but after they 'finish aiming'.  Which is different for many of the ranged types of creatures you encounter.  Troll Throwers for one have a very different wind-up that can make it harder to predict when you should evade, especially with big tanky things also chasing after you.(Guildies complaining those are undodgeable too, but I've managed with varying degrees of failure.)

Combat is awesome cause evasion really works.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...

Finndibaenn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 06, 2016, 01:57:07 pm »

according to the docs i could find , you should be able to transport even if un connected, it's just 3 times more expensive.
No idea

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 06, 2016, 02:40:49 pm »

according to the docs i could find , you should be able to transport even if un connected, it's just 3 times more expensive.
No idea
Nah, I have the same problem with Keplan.  I havn't found all the nodes between Keplan and other towns though. 

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 06, 2016, 02:48:52 pm »

I have been wanting to ask this since forever.

But what is so black about this desert?
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 06, 2016, 02:54:24 pm »

Well, I reckon the black part is the thing that you first meet.  The desert, is probably a place you go to later.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 06, 2016, 02:56:09 pm »

The desert is in an area we don't have yet.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Finndibaenn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 06, 2016, 04:39:52 pm »

update regarding my transport issue : i just activated Calpheon, and I can now transport between Calpheon and Keplan, and between Calpheon and Heidel/Velia and other easterns towns, but still not directly.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12