Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12

Author Topic: Black Desert, the new Korean Grindfest 9000  (Read 30647 times)

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Black Desert, the new Korean Grindfest 9000
« Reply #75 on: March 25, 2016, 10:00:16 pm »

I'm downloading the game right now. 31 Gig take forever on my poor Inet-Speed.

I hit the wiki trying to decide what Class I want to play, one thing that I noticed, why so many gender locked ones? I've heard all female or all male RACES before, but never seen it on classes to this degree. Especially on random stuff like tamer.

Don't get me wrong, it's not a deal breaker. It just struck me as really odd. But might be a good time to make my first female alter ego ever.

Aha that's why I love FTTH, it took about 10 minutes for me to download the game ^^

About the gender lock, basically it seems that the main issue is that they have to create twice the models for each armor set and costume. All that clothing/armor is pretty detailed, so that's a lot of work. Most of their female clothing is very girly, so there's no way to share models between genders, except maybe on the wizard/witch. I think that's why they made the Valkyrie instead of a generic female warrior : since they weren't going to reuse art assets, which are the major bottleneck, they might as well make a new class entirely.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 26, 2016, 05:53:41 am »

I suspect they haven't spend time on the art budget as much.  The berzerker is a LOT different in shape from the Tamer, for instance, so you'd have to make a whole new set of assets for female berzerkers.  It's easier on the art team to gender or race lock things.  It may crop up later, but games like this generally don't provide that expansion after release.

Anyhow, I'm enjoying the game.  Got into the B12 guild on US Uno and learning the ropes on money and workers.

Stuebi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 26, 2016, 02:09:07 pm »

Finally got to play this for a little while.

The combat system is great, the game also looks fantastic. The character creation allows for a LOT of customization.

One thing that worries me tough, is the cash shop the ONLY way to alter the appearance of your equipment? Armor specifically? I can see that the swords look different when I equip them, but swapping around armor changes absolutely nothing. It would be seriously off-putting if you never change appearance unless you put down money in the cash shop, especially since the Outfits cost waaaaay too much.
English isnt my mother language, so feel free to correct me if I make a mistake in my post.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 26, 2016, 06:43:58 pm »

We got a B12 guild? which server are you guys on?

I know I said I'm waiting to see what happens but I suck at that. As beautiful as the details on the outfits are, its really limited in terms of customizing clothes. But I have other games for that.

My interest is the whole slaveworker management and faffing about in an open world.

Ruskin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 26, 2016, 07:28:54 pm »

We're on Uno, I'll keep an eye on this thread so just tell me when ya make a char and I can run over and send ya an invite

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 26, 2016, 08:30:39 pm »

Made a character in Uno. Name is Vishta and currently in Balenos U1

Ruskin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 26, 2016, 08:37:26 pm »

Got it, change to Calpheon U1 and I'll head on over right now

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 26, 2016, 08:43:07 pm »

Alright changed now.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 27, 2016, 11:57:17 am »

I am seriously considering putting in some cash-monies for a pet or 2.  They auto-loot for you, look cute and I can internally justify it as paying into a monthly subscription.  >.>

Fair warning, these things eat a TON of food. I often question if they cost more to feed than what they earn from looting. Also, different pets have different special abilities. Cats can find hidden harvest nodes, dogs detect pvp enemies, and birds find elite monsters.
Meh, food hasn't been a burden to me... I already have a beer making industry to feed my own workers.  (One of my blues finally got promoted.)  Plus I only got 1 pet, more then I need for the job it does.

I'm also not that bad in the cash department, profits everyday, despite the spending.  Errr... I guess I'm saving up for stuff.  Havn't figured out what exactly I'm saving for though.
At level 33.

Fun Tip: Early on, try to get an Ultimate Syd X type of weapon.  Extremely cheap on market and high AP, but it can't be enhanced.  You'd need a few enhancements in a green weapon to make it better then the Ultimate Syd types. 
Accuracy is also useful if you tend to like to fight things that are light red/red...  It seems that gap is starting to widen for me at level 33-ish... lots of missed attacks against light red pigs.

EDIT: ... I need more storage space = more contribution points.   Already sitting at 99 contribution, at least half of that is dedicated to storage.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 12:33:41 pm by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 27, 2016, 10:15:35 pm »

Is there a way for workers to gather rough stones or is that player only?
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 27, 2016, 10:33:28 pm »

You have to mine yourself.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 28, 2016, 02:03:52 am »

Is there a way for workers to gather rough stones or is that player only?
If you need black powder, you can grind up gems instead of mining rough stone.  Its roughly +4 black powder per gem, on average... at least for me, Apprentice Processing.

I've not looked back since... but, I still have a ton of rough stone laying around, which can be used for other stuff...
« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 02:07:51 am by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 28, 2016, 04:55:09 am »

Ok, I've also noticed there is 0 wild horses...I've seen one and used about 30 ropes trying to catch it, haven't seen another one and the market is pretty much flooded with level 1 horses...which I don't want to potentially feed the bots.

Nevermind, I found one and managed to get it.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 05:24:30 am by etgfrog »
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

Robosaur

• Bay Watcher
  • [POOP:INORGANIC: NUCLEAR_BOMBS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 28, 2016, 08:06:52 am »

The character creator lets you create the exact person you want... If it is a woman.

Can't even do that. Just try and make a fat woman in the creator. It's impossible.
You are a terrible person and the sad truth is deep down you know it.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 28, 2016, 09:21:25 am »

Ok, I've also noticed there is 0 wild horses...I've seen one and used about 30 ropes trying to catch it, haven't seen another one and the market is pretty much flooded with level 1 horses...which I don't want to potentially feed the bots.

Nevermind, I found one and managed to get it.
Spawns are roughly every 2 hours and anyone can walk up to em.  I've gotten pretty lucky... and a T1 is still useful, you can ride em to raise your own Trainer xp.  Horse Level = Trainer XP
I guess throwing em into a wagon works too.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 09:25:00 am by Zangi »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12