Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12

Author Topic: Black Desert, the new Korean Grindfest 9000  (Read 30664 times)

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Black Desert, the new Korean Grindfest 9000
« Reply #90 on: March 28, 2016, 10:16:40 am »

Fun Tip: Early on, try to get an Ultimate Syd X type of weapon.  Extremely cheap on market and high AP, but it can't be enhanced.  You'd need a few enhancements in a green weapon to make it better then the Ultimate Syd types.

If you're using the utimate styd weapon, that is fine until ~lvl 30, but then you get a basteer weapon from the black spirit quests. If you equip it and you've advanced enough in your questing, you'll get another quest to turn in into an ultimate basteer weapon. This one is even better than ultimate styd once upgraded to +7 (max upgrade for that weapon, can't fail). And if you keep it until ~lvl 50, you'll get a chain quest with lots of black stones rewards.

I almost missed out on that because I was using an ultimate styd weapon and only realised my mistake because my friend got the quest and I didn't. Good thing I hadn't sold my basteer...

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 28, 2016, 11:44:02 am »

Fun Tip: Early on, try to get an Ultimate Syd X type of weapon.  Extremely cheap on market and high AP, but it can't be enhanced.  You'd need a few enhancements in a green weapon to make it better then the Ultimate Syd types.

If you're using the utimate styd weapon, that is fine until ~lvl 30, but then you get a basteer weapon from the black spirit quests. If you equip it and you've advanced enough in your questing, you'll get another quest to turn in into an ultimate basteer weapon. This one is even better than ultimate styd once upgraded to +7 (max upgrade for that weapon, can't fail). And if you keep it until ~lvl 50, you'll get a chain quest with lots of black stones rewards.

I almost missed out on that because I was using an ultimate styd weapon and only realised my mistake because my friend got the quest and I didn't. Good thing I hadn't sold my basteer...
Yea... its collecting dust in my storage.  Taking up space.  As for that quest to turn it, I'm guessing I'll come upon it sooner or later... or do I need to carry it? 

I've been hugely distracted by the many other quests that pop up. 
I sometimes feel that I don't go out on genocide sprees often enough and I'm leveling at a damn good pace, in my opinion anyways.  But that XP wall will probably show up in the level 40s.

Recently invested into luck gear, will make genocide more lucrative.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 28, 2016, 11:57:24 am »

Luck gear?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 28, 2016, 12:18:35 pm »

Luck gear?
In the marketplace, look in the armor section and search: Luck
You only need 2 out of 4 pieces to get +2 luck.

To supplement that, look in the gem section and search: Perfect
Gem that gives +1 Luck.  (Obviously, the plan is to not die.)

Apparently, gaining titles will also give you luck, but that comes with play time/doing things...  So luck gear is at least a nice stopgap for now.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 28, 2016, 01:02:15 pm »

The quest for the ultimate basteer weapon doesn't come up unless you equip the regular basteer weapon. It also involves speaking with Granbill at the delph knights castle. They'll have you upgrade the basteer weapon to +1 and then extract the stone (destroying the weapon), that's when Granbill will give you the better version.

About luck, it's not hard to get a +2 from titles if you spend a bit of time farming low level mobs for combat titles (piss easy with wizard and chain lightning), and speak with everyone in calpheon + visit the library and read every book. If you use luck gems, there's a jeweler in Calpheon selling them for 100k.

As for quests, it's much more manageable if you just ignore all crafting/gathering/fishing/commerce quests until you're willing to devote some time to that aspect of the game. As long as you don't level up a profession, most related quests won't show up anyway.

Finndibaenn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 29, 2016, 01:18:46 pm »

Hi,

What I read here triggered me into buying this game about a week ago, and I was wondering if there was any bay12 members on the european servers ?

Lithare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 29, 2016, 02:53:19 pm »

Hey all,

I'm on Uno in a guild called Billion_Silver.  I see we have a couple of threads, so had to do some reading to find the updated one.  :)

In-game, I'm typically on Flayr (Family Name:  Grayston).  Feel free to let me know if you have questions or need help with anything.  Or, if for whatever reason, this pseudo B12 guild doesn't live long, anyone is welcome in mine.

Ruskin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 29, 2016, 08:38:13 pm »

Same goes for you guys, you're welcome to join us if your guild dies out, splits up, or you just wanna join a different guild

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 29, 2016, 10:41:32 pm »

Somehow (the stars must've aligned and confused the shit out of the server, or something equally unlikely), this happened. And then it went up instead of down!

When I have less than a million silver total, with the vast majority of that made up of current marketplace asset value numbers in storages.

Later edit: And now its dropped me back down, sigh :)
« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 12:07:14 am by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 30, 2016, 08:27:26 am »

Mediah Patch Notes
http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/59844-patch-notes-march-30th/

New continent, new equipment slot, new underwear, Cherry Blossom Event, 40v40 PVP matches, customizable chat filter, and more.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 30, 2016, 08:32:50 am »

Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Lithare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 30, 2016, 09:25:25 am »

Apparently not, on the 16+ enchanting thing.  Per patch notes.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 30, 2016, 10:52:08 am »

Well my account got unbanned. I didn't get an e-mail back from support though so I'm not sure why it was banned in the first place. I'm currently level 48 and playing on Orwen. I mainly play witch, my character name is Aleandra and my family name is Fyrehaart. Feel free to friend me in game!

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 30, 2016, 02:33:15 pm »

The "mega fishing" probably refers to a specific area where you can catch very high quality fish with high frequency. Like, even at beginner skill, you'll be easily catching gold fish (or whatever tier is worth 20k silver) more than 0% of the time. You'll still catch the lower tiers but your results will be probably 99% actual fish (or maybe silver keys) and virtually no junk like seaweed and fish bones. You'll know you're at one if you see lots and lots of people fishing at the same, otherwise inconvenient, location.

The most recent one (I'm not sure how often they change) was just off the beach from the Coastal Cave. Several dozen people (regardless of shard) on their boats, forming basically an atoll from Waterworld, fishing in the same spot.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xR9VkFHS55E
TL;DW: He afk fishes at a spot that already counts as exhausted so it can't get worse, and it isn't even the best spot around, drops his inventory at a merchant he hasn't even really optimized, makes almost 1,000,000 silver for the trip.

So when I ask if this trivializes silver, I mean that someone playing the game in the expected way (running errands, making stuff, doing business) is going to make money at an extremely slow rate in comparison, while the player economy suffers from silver inflation. So it's like making $3 an hour but eggs cost $1 each. Alternately, if fishing is the necessary way to engage with the player economy because of that inflation, the game becomes Black Desert Online Fishing Simulator With Some Horses Also.

Does it seem like that's happening?
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 30, 2016, 03:31:38 pm »

The games market it actually controlled in a way that prevents price inflation.  Items have a max price they can be sold on the market for.  Prices are going to pretty consistant for most items it seems, even after most players can afford the 30mil items.

Another thing is that 1mil is almost nothing in the grand scheme, it costs that much to keep high end gear repaired.  Would cost that much to fix just a weapon.  That's before the coming expansions adding more expensive/powerful items.

Also people can probably make 3 times what he made in those hours of fishing by doing almost anything else.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12