Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dorfs getting distracted of almost everything.  (Read 1350 times)

Grax

• Bay Watcher
  • The Only.
    • View Profile
Dorfs getting distracted of almost everything.
« on: January 22, 2016, 09:05:53 am »

I'm just a week ago started with 42.04 and now playing 42.05 and my dorfs getting distracted of almost anything. Those who work getting unfocused of being away from friends, from unable to help anybody, being away from traditions, being unable to merry, and another ten strings of "being unable" and so.
They have a temple, they're meditating at royal room and praying all their gods and drinking twelve kinds of booze from masterwork cups and eating masterwork meals of 50-60 ingredients in masterwork detailed rooms all the time, those fcking dorfs are working a day per month and they're being distracted all the same!

Both [NOTHOUGHT] and [NOEMOTION] doesn't help. WTF by the way?

Maybe there's [ment_att] or [personality] that can help to get rid of these distracted thoughts?
Finis sanctificat media.

Grax

• Bay Watcher
  • The Only.
    • View Profile
Re: Dorfs getting distracted of almost everything.
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2016, 11:14:03 am »

The main question, WHY THE FK [NOTHOUGHT]&[NOEMOTION] doesn't affect all these unfocused/distracted?!
Finis sanctificat media.

Cheesoburgor

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_SLEEP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2016, 01:02:11 pm »

The main question, WHY THE FK [NOTHOUGHT]&[NOEMOTION] doesn't affect all these unfocused/distracted?!
Because NOTHOUGHT has nothing to do with emotions or personality, its used to determine if a creature is capable of living without [THOUGHT] body part and NOEMOTION affects things like if a creature can rage and (i think) stress.
Im alive again after a 4 year break!

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2016, 05:09:46 pm »

If you want to modify their behavior, use PERSONALITY tokens instead.  For example, giving them low GREGARIOUSNESS will keep them from needing to be around friends, and low ALTRUISM will keep them from needing to help others.  You can also modify their civ's values to change what will or will not get them distracted.

Grax

• Bay Watcher
  • The Only.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2016, 02:30:07 pm »

If you want to modify their behavior, use PERSONALITY tokens instead.  For example, giving them low GREGARIOUSNESS will keep them from needing to be around friends, and low ALTRUISM will keep them from needing to help others.
Why do the animals get distracted while having grass and not being disturbed by anyone? ;-)

You can also modify their civ's values to change what will or will not get them distracted.
This don't help.
Finis sanctificat media.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2016, 02:40:35 pm »

If you want to modify their behavior, use PERSONALITY tokens instead.  For example, giving them low GREGARIOUSNESS will keep them from needing to be around friends, and low ALTRUISM will keep them from needing to help others.
Why do the animals get distracted while having grass and not being disturbed by anyone? ;-)
A bug.
You can also modify their civ's values to change what will or will not get them distracted.
This don't help.
That's the only advice possible. Without awful complicated crashy DFHack, I don't think there's a way to remove the new Needs system.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2016, 09:33:48 am »

A bug.

This might be the case, but it is worth noting that animals have modifiable personalities.  This is most noticeable with combat-affecting personality traits like VIOLENT and BRAVERY (you can make small animals willing to fight larger ones by changing these values), but it might have other applications as well.  I'm not sure if animals have the same needs as intelligent creatures but this bug might be a result of one such need.