Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

(Placeholder Poll) Deathtubes vs Space Magic?

Deathtubes!
Space Magic!

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12

Author Topic: Common Soldiers Union meeting room  (Read 16035 times)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: Common Soldiers Union meeting room
« Reply #75 on: January 29, 2016, 12:07:41 pm »

Yeah, it would have technically been going to UristMcCoder. Not sure if he still posts at all in ER, his last activity here was nearly 2 months ago.

He is also owed two tokens from me. I would be fine to donate these to the union. I was going to give Maurice two tokens, but that seems to have been delayed at least, so that should be fine.

Overall, I should have come out of it with the twitchblade, down two tokens. Apparently, I'm just getting the twitchblade instead, so that's my profit.
One wheel short of a wagon

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 29, 2016, 12:13:23 pm »

I would ask that we all try to put a bit of something into the union right now and try to improve everyone's gear. I am fine on my own right now. Perhaps we may buy and artifact and see about finding a way to implement it into our stuff. Also the trade agreement over the orb, with some of what we got out of that, I ask that some of it be given out to the members who it would best suit them.Also how much is i  the union token fund right now?
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 29, 2016, 12:45:55 pm »

I'll give some tokens, I have more than enough, as soon as I work out how many I actually have.

About which. Nunzillor's character 4/pneuma did not buy a share in the nyartifact, his last (dead) one did. Would it be wrong or metagaming to give 4 their share? Should I just give the tokens to the fund instead?

Nunzillor

« Reply #78 on: January 29, 2016, 01:38:54 pm »

Possibly.  What everyone else thinks is fine.

spazyak: there's currently 4 tokens in the fund.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 01:46:33 pm by Nunzillor »

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 29, 2016, 01:51:54 pm »

Possibly.  What everyone else thinks is fine.

spazyak: there's currently 4 tokens in the fund.
Hmm, we can hold a vote on what we should do with those 4 tokens. My current ideals for it are save them,  spend them on a nyartifact, or spend them on anything in particular we may find of us. The last two would require further input and decision making.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Nunzillor

« Reply #80 on: January 29, 2016, 01:57:58 pm »

My thoughts are to use them for services, like loaning out tokens to members that request them.  Or maybe buying low level protection gear that members may need.  I'd be open to purchasing a cheap Nyars artifact with the funds though, as it did pay off this time.

Also, that's 6 tokens after NJW2000's 2 token donation in the On-ship thread.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 02:00:20 pm by Nunzillor »

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 29, 2016, 02:03:06 pm »

Might take a 2 token lone myself for purchasing a mk 2 as it shows me having 3 tokens.
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 29, 2016, 02:06:27 pm »

Given your recent donation of two tokens, I'd call that more than fair.

Nunzillor

« Reply #83 on: January 29, 2016, 02:08:01 pm »

I'm personally fine with it, but should we call for a vote on giving him two tokens?  Honestly, I'm not sure how this is supposed to work.  Do we need member consensus?

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 29, 2016, 02:12:13 pm »

If he wants to withdraw the two tokens he just gave us, that might be a little bureaucratic.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 29, 2016, 02:18:21 pm »

Okay, I still plan to pay back the lone I just didn't keep track of just how many tokens I had.  I can wait,
Either way I still plan to improve and work on the  Union hq. might add a storage area , a work shop, and a bed area

Edit: never mind, mcp 2 are 3 tokens, i'm dumb
« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 02:23:08 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Nunzillor

« Reply #86 on: January 29, 2016, 02:21:11 pm »

If he wants to withdraw the two tokens he just gave us, that might be a little bureaucratic.
Fair enough... I've added them back.

Edit: and just saw the edit.  Fund now has 6 tokens again.

PS: I've asked in the On-ship thread if pw remembers the effects of the Garrow artifact.  If not, he may be willing to regen the effects.  Hopefully it will result in effects that are more immediately and clearly useful than the artifact's current effects appear to be.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 03:59:12 pm by Nunzillor »

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 29, 2016, 03:57:06 pm »

Fair enough... I've added them back.

Edit: and just saw the edit.  Fund now has 6 tokens again.

PS: I've asked in the On-ship thread if pw remembers the effects of the Garrow artifact.  If not, he may be willing to regen the effects.  Hopefully there'll be some that are more immediately and clearly useful than the artifact's current effects appear to be.
Sorry, didn't realize the mcp2 had the same things as  mk2
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 30, 2016, 04:58:08 pm »

I think lending to people is a kind of risk. Sometimes, you can get tokens or just favours by taking that risk, though sometimes you'll lose out. I don't really see why Team fund, joker fund, or union treasuries should take on the risk for somebody else, if that makes sense.
If someone owes you money when they die you're entitled to some of their stuff. You're just not entitled to anyone else's stuff.

Seems reasonable enough. Ok then, we can do it like this, unless anyone else has a serious counterpoint to bring up?

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 30, 2016, 05:31:55 pm »

Hey, Union people, you're interested in buying artifacts, right?  I've got one that I've had sitting in my bunker for two years, completely untested.  PW forgot what it was supposed to do, but he offered to regen it.

Quote from: description
A strange machine; It's quite large, maybe three feet wide and 2 tall with a square central section and two circular lobes coming out of either side. The only controls are a button and a knob with numbers 1 to 10.

As I said, it's completely untested; for all I know, it could cause everyone nearby to be connected in a telepathic hivemind, or the bulbs could open revealing it to be a miniature SCP-914.  I'd keep it for myself, but Saint isn't the type to use poorly understood artifacts, and it would likely languish in his bunker for another few decades before being used.

You guys interested in buying it?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12