Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

(Placeholder Poll) Deathtubes vs Space Magic?

Deathtubes!
Space Magic!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12

Author Topic: Common Soldiers Union meeting room  (Read 16021 times)

Nunzillor

Re: Common Soldiers Union meeting room
« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2016, 02:59:33 pm »

I trust NJW to promote our agenda, but if people are worried I like the idea of alternating control of the fund (though I'm not sure about the term "king"), but when it comes to things like meetings and votes, I worry about inactivity.  If several of the union members are not present for an extended period of time, it can be difficult to form a majority since several people won't be voting...  I think we'd end up waiting forever for votes and not getting much done.

With that being said, however, I think there do need to be checks and balances, I'm just not sure how that can be efficiently handled, though.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 21, 2016, 03:11:02 pm »

How about:
-The union chairman has decision making power and controls the fund.
-After every mission cycle we vote. Whoever has the most votes is the new chairman.
-If anyone disagrees with the chairman's decision, the matter is put to vote.
-Voting is not compulsory, and can be done either IC or OOC.

That seems like a good balance of efficiency and democracy to me.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Nunzillor

« Reply #47 on: January 21, 2016, 03:13:53 pm »

Sounds good, as long as we establish that all votes must occur within two days (too few days?) or so of the end of a mission cycle or after a disagreement, to prevent it from dragging on.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 21, 2016, 03:14:15 pm »

We set a minuimum number of voters that, after a certain time has passed, are the least ammount needed to vote in a topic.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Nunzillor

« Reply #49 on: January 21, 2016, 03:15:35 pm »

Good idea, so that one or very few votes total by the end of the voting period can't decide the issue.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #50 on: January 21, 2016, 03:22:23 pm »

Somebody didn't get the reference...

Anyway, also add that every Union member (or at least every active member) should be notified of the vote via PM or similar. Then you can do a test run by voting on the procedure itself. Formalize it a bit and if it passes, add it to the wiki and start preparing for the Union leader elections.

Nunzillor

« Reply #51 on: January 21, 2016, 03:42:33 pm »

Somebody didn't get the reference...

Anyway, also add that every Union member (or at least every active member) should be notified of the vote via PM or similar. Then you can do a test run by voting on the procedure itself. Formalize it a bit and if it passes, add it to the wiki and start preparing for the Union leader elections.
We're just humble mud farming peasants, can't expect us to catch every reference.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 03:57:27 pm by Nunzillor »

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 26, 2016, 06:52:19 pm »

The poll's been up for a week and voting seems to have stopped.
When a union member dies, their stuff goes to the union, unless otherwise specified. This is automatically added to all union member's wills.

Support: 8 (66.7%)
Oppose: 3 (25%)
No Opinion: 1 (8.3%)
The results are clear. The union is automatically added to all union member's wills.

Dubley hangs some blades forged by Jim on the union room's walls, and his laser cannon's empty frame too. They're mostly there for decoration, but if anyone has use for them feel free..
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 26, 2016, 06:55:41 pm »

Fantastic.
One wheel short of a wagon

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 27, 2016, 02:08:51 am »

Congrats on getting this thing rolling a bit more. One thing though, while auto-willing stuff to the union is all fine by me, do note that this should also mean that any debts would also go to said union. It'd be a bit unfair if you cashed in if there's stuff to grab, but then rejected it when there's a debt to that person and not enough on him to pay it back in full. Not that people often die with more debt to their name than net value, but just in case.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 27, 2016, 02:17:35 am »

Such as the guy who died with a token in debt to me.
Just sayin.
I know we're both union members, yeah.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Nunzillor

« Reply #56 on: January 27, 2016, 02:19:10 am »

I'll see if I can get that token to you somehow, Xantalos.  I did (briefly) appreciate the loan.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 27, 2016, 02:20:11 am »

I don't mean to be pushy; I won't need the tokens for ... probably at least an RL week or so. Should be long enough to get the conversation done. Maybe.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Nunzillor

« Reply #58 on: January 27, 2016, 02:31:58 am »

It's fine.  Shouldn't be too much of a problem, hopefully.  Let me know when you absolutely need it, I think I'll have it by then.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 02:35:42 am by Nunzillor »

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 27, 2016, 07:05:08 am »

Congrats on getting this thing rolling a bit more. One thing though, while auto-willing stuff to the union is all fine by me, do note that this should also mean that any debts would also go to said union. It'd be a bit unfair if you cashed in if there's stuff to grab, but then rejected it when there's a debt to that person and not enough on him to pay it back in full. Not that people often die with more debt to their name than net value, but just in case.
Does the team fund work that way, does everyone elses debt transfer to the team fund when they die?

Such as the guy who died with a token in debt to me.
Just sayin.
I know we're both union members, yeah.
He never had the union in the will, he died before that happened. So I don't think the union owes you anything unless we can have that will retroactively added.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 07:30:16 am by NAV »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12