Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 767 768 [769] 770 771 ... 779

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 859269 times)

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly upset today thread
« Reply #11520 on: February 06, 2024, 03:32:12 pm »

Spoiler: rant (click to show/hide)

Were those asinine reasons family? Cause if so, I can relate.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #11521 on: February 07, 2024, 06:54:34 am »

Wait until you see Maratus volans.

Honestly I don't get the massive ick factor with insects. Except craneflies, something about those proportions slam my panic button. I had a practical where we got to handle stick insects and I was the only one in the group willing to. Kind of pathetic for a group of zoologists-to-be.

I refuse to believe anyone could think badly about the harmless cutieflies that are craneflies but not recognise the horror come alive that are the shape of parasitic wasps, just impossible

Stick insects are really cool though but for some reason they feel unsanitary to me – a different kind of ick perhaps but not the same as the primal terror ick of the wasps. I'd still opt to hold one if I got the chance.
Love, scriver~

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Leftover Potential
    • View Profile
« Reply #11522 on: February 08, 2024, 12:33:02 am »

Wasps would be an issue if they were on the same scale as me, but they're really not our problem if you remember to not poke the yellowjackets. Mosquitos are our problem, though, since they drinky our own precious blood and carelessly spit into us doing so.
Always remember!
Pumsy loves you!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11523 on: February 08, 2024, 02:30:32 am »

Why worry about wasps when you can just smash them and their nests with a shovel, I mean that's what I do to them.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11524 on: February 08, 2024, 08:37:11 am »

Where :D I have you running around slapping wasp nests around that where hanging above head hight now ^^.
let

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11525 on: February 08, 2024, 09:45:02 am »

My preferred method of dealing with stinging flying insects is a strategically placed shop vac.

I removed a yellow jacket nest from under my front porch step that way.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #11526 on: February 08, 2024, 10:45:37 am »

Why worry about wasps when you can just smash them and their nests with a shovel, I mean that's what I do to them.

Parasitic wasps don't have nests that you can smash, they nest in your body

provided yoh have the body of their victim species

Like ya'll keep bringing up normal wasps like they're the same thing, but they don't look the same at all. Normal wasps just look like angry bees. Parasitic wasps look like nightmare fuel.
Love, scriver~

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11527 on: February 08, 2024, 03:56:06 pm »

Lots of things nest in your body. I don't get why you care about this one particular thing so much. Do you have any idea what's already in your body?

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #11528 on: February 08, 2024, 04:00:48 pm »

yes i do

it's not wasps

i'm not sure why that's difficult to comprehend

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11529 on: February 08, 2024, 04:01:26 pm »

yes i do

it's not wasps

i'm not sure why that's difficult to comprehend
I just don't see wasps as especially worse than lots of other options.

Schmaven

• Bay Watcher
  • Abiding
    • View Profile
« Reply #11530 on: February 08, 2024, 06:20:55 pm »

The images of caterpillars covered in dozens of  parasitic wasp larvae bursting from their backs and sides, as they still try to crawl around are quite horrifying.  I imagine doubly so for the caterpillars to experience that.  Like, "phew, close call with that wasp, I'm glad it didn't kill me back there"... only to later have all those babies eat it from the inside out.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #11531 on: February 08, 2024, 06:21:48 pm »

Tried this... crustless pizza on a lark. It. It's basically the saddest pasta I've ever seen in my life, and everything mediocre about cheap bottom barrel pizza, just. Without crust to hold anything together.

Like. I bought it, and I'm going to eat it, but. I have regrets. This ain't good stuff. You'd think it'd be hard to screw up cheese and tomato sauce and pepperoni but by the gods someone's achieved it :-\

... actually.

I have regrets, and I think I'm going to have more by doing something I really shouldn't salt intake wise and dump this mess into a bowl of mac and cheese -- this thing's basically one of those red box t-something pizzas without the crust, and I know from actual experience shoving one of those into a bowl of mac is actually pretty tasty. Lemme' go do that real quick. Just got to remember not to eat all of it in one go, lest it kills me or somethin'.

E: Okay, noticed the primary problem: Was looking more at price than brand when I made the order for the thing, and missed it was frikkin' Banquet. For those that don't know, it's a common low end frozen food brand in at least parts of the US, and it's, like. Ubiquitously terrible. To the point it's given me actual food poisoning before. Mistakes were made.

Sticking it in a bowl of mac has made it better, though. Somewhat.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2024, 06:43:34 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #11532 on: February 09, 2024, 09:03:56 pm »

Sometimes life can be complicated.

Went out to the pubs today. All evening, had two girls hanging around my neck and kissing me. Lesbian girls. Or okay well, one lesbian one bisexual.
Hey... I know I am a man with some feminine sides. That's what you get when raised by only women.
But but but.... I am a man. I fancy women. I lke the kisses hugs and attention for being 'the sweet safe guy', and I enjoy the company and the compliments.
But why do I always end up with lesbian woman attention. :P
I'd like to have a girl who likes me and just me :P
I am sorry that I am a feminist egalitarist anti-macho, that doesn't mean I am gay or a boy toy for lesbians.

In related news, I believe that tradwives should be neutered so they don't spread their genes.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2024, 09:09:16 pm by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11533 on: February 10, 2024, 01:21:49 am »

What’s wrong with the bisexual? Doesn’t that count as a win?
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #11534 on: February 10, 2024, 02:36:30 am »

I think he means something more than surface level sweet nothings. People can have this really unfortunate tendency to be nice/sweet/sexy to you because your attention makes them feel good, while having no actual intention of having a relationship. As someone who always seems to draw the attention of people already in relationships, I can relate. It's difficult not to feel used after a while. I don't flirt with people I don't intend to try and date, and I'm always confused when others do that because it feels incredibly dishonest to me.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 ... 767 768 [769] 770 771 ... 779