Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 744 745 [746] 747 748 ... 779

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 858945 times)

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly upset today thread
« Reply #11175 on: August 03, 2023, 09:42:01 am »

dgaf
« Last Edit: August 03, 2023, 10:25:58 am by dragdeler »
let

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11176 on: August 03, 2023, 10:31:13 pm »

Stuck dodging traffic in memory lane.

By far my youth wasn't super for a number of reasons (thankfully not my home life) but I still find myself missing it. I think it was the simplicity that does it for me.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11177 on: August 04, 2023, 02:06:47 pm »

can or to can, that is the question
« Last Edit: August 08, 2023, 04:53:24 am by dragdeler »
let

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #11178 on: August 08, 2023, 05:59:31 am »

Can or Toucan, which is full of more beans?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #11179 on: August 08, 2023, 06:51:52 am »

When you're starting to contemplate chucking a molotov at the garbage truck, it's probably time to start trying to figure out if there's a less violent way to get their pickup schedule changed.

It'd be real nice if those fuckers would stop running at four in the goddamn morning, though. House isn't soundproof enough to deal with that shit :-\
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11180 on: August 08, 2023, 01:09:35 pm »

There is only one way to tell, get me my beanoculars.

No see the garbage truck needs to be done before a certain time or else the daytime despots are exposed to bags or cans, and anything including the daytime despots and waste managament is against the geneva convention or at least that's what I can presume given their indignation.

let

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11181 on: August 08, 2023, 03:31:51 pm »

Oh great nvidia are so hellbent on getting a freaking email adress trough their geforce experience service that keeps disconnecting itself and has too stringent password requirements for how negligeable it is.... that they removed the control panel from the taskbar icon. It still exists mind you, of course, you can't even do everything in geforce experience you can do in there. I didnt even manually update nor did I activate any kind of automatic update... Of course I couldnt doublecheck without bothering to connect, and since my experience quick access bar is working why would I bother.

Geniuses...
let

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #11182 on: August 08, 2023, 06:32:35 pm »

I swear, every goddamn time I take a nap I wake up in pain or otherwise feeling worse. They're so tempting, and often the worst of it's after my body's really insistent that a nap would be an incredibly good idea, but, like. Every goddamn time. Usually, today too, it's a headache from hell.

I'm getting plenty of water so it's extremely unlikely to be dehydration, so, just. I wish I could make it stop, or at least finally have it internalize that no matter how attractive that nap is looking, it's just pain and it's going to make things worse so don't do it. Fucking ow.

This is me. It takes me 45 minutes to even get into a low level of sleep. But once I'm there I'm down for at least another hour and I always wake up feeling worse than when I laid down. This is particularly true when traveling. I will do whatever it takes not to sleep in airplane or airport because I will wake up a) groggier than before b) headacheier than before and c) it always tastes and feels like something died in my mouth.

Fuck naps, get real sleep.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2023, 06:35:07 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11183 on: August 08, 2023, 06:40:29 pm »

Same, it takes me a while to fall asleep and anything waking me up ruins my sleep. Last night was a particular example of this; my parents had gone out for most of the evening, and hadn't gotten home by the time I went to bed. I was woken up about an hour later, meaning I had a few minutes actual unconsciousness at most, but I still had trouble falling asleep again for the rest of the night.

What makes it odd was what woke me up. It wasn't my parents coming home through the front door - which is heavy, stuckish, and located very close to the head of my bed(the walls are thin too). No, it was the sound of my mom in the kitchen - on the opposite side of the house - putting something away quietly that woke me up.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11184 on: August 09, 2023, 02:44:39 pm »

I count 6 "if"s. 6 things that were outside of my control, and too unfair for me to just get over at the same time I'm dealing with daily life. Not unfair in like systemic injustice, more in like had lightning struck 5 seconds earlier or later, that could have spared me a lot of grief - stochastic misery kind of way. Sure a tenfoot laundry list of things I could have tried better, instead of just trying hard. Being the looserquitter I am I prefered to not make myself vulnerable to any additional dissapoinments. The nice way to say to say that is that my stoic principles advised I only focus on the things I can change. I don't count other people's behaviour among the things I can change. I'll lift Atlas with baggage before I "parents(com)plain" a single thing in my life. You know discourse à la it is not realistic for you to to expect me to solve your problems and you need to take responsibility for yourself... Would you leave your own home in such a state, would you threat your siblings in this manner, would you kiss your mother with that mouth kind of tiresome self obvious nagging. Those sentences are not part of my toolset, I refuse, it's about the most indignified thing I could imagine, to say something as obvious, only to see someone trample on the arbitrary demarcation in the sand.

If it matters, I will tell you in a much more escalative way, the base assumption should be that people can not possibly be this dense if they made it past 25 without dying an entirely avoidable accident.

I wasn't cut out for this work.

edit: Heh... if I had to gauge the day of the week, orienting myself only by my felt stress, I'd say it's friday allready. Ugh everything will be fine, everything will be fine. Soon it will be over, and it will not be the end of the world.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2023, 04:09:45 pm by dragdeler »
let

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11185 on: August 10, 2023, 06:05:09 am »

I've got a 1-1.5cm long ingrown hair that stubbornly refuses to uningrow, and resists all attempts to extract it. I've dug into a surprising amount of living dermis and all that's done is cause some minor bleeding and make the hair more visible. Part of the issue is that I really struggle to actually dig into the skin with a (sterilised) needle, something in my brain heavily resists it.

I feel it'd actually be easier to chop off a finger than do this, at least with the finger there's no delicacy, I could just make a hard swing and not think about the consequences until they actually arrive. This, I have to stare at it, be careful, and the whole time it's stinging away and causing some part of my brain to recoil hard.

EDIT: Oh yeah, it's on my belly too so half the time I try to get the needle to dig in and instead the pudge just presses in instead.

I need an exfoliant. A proper one, not the shitty "exfoliant" I have which would struggle to exfoliate my skin if it was already sloughing off.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2023, 06:08:27 am by Great Order »

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11186 on: August 10, 2023, 09:50:15 am »

EDIT: Oh yeah, it's on my belly too so half the time I try to get the needle to dig in and instead the pudge just presses in instead.

Yeah no there is zones with more pain receptors, like the hands that'd would make me less woozy than digging in my belly.

hmm its weird how im fired... cant promise to make me the paperwork for unemployment, cant tell me when Im going to stop, if Ill have to fill in my 14 days notice... somehow I am here waiting as if everything was normal and yet I could be hardfired for gross misconduct... oh and I guess I'll have to do the writeup of the incident myself.

this is very whatever
let

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11187 on: August 10, 2023, 12:57:47 pm »

Just make sure to read anything they ask you to sign. Last thing you want is to sign something saying that you voluntarily resigned, that can mess with unemployment benefits if you live somewhere that requires you to be fired for it.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #11188 on: August 10, 2023, 08:07:09 pm »

Just a frustrating day today.

Restoration people are dodging my phone calls about getting a manifest for the contents of the house they cleaned and boxed. Took three weeks of me harassing them just to get an invoice.

We moved to a new case tracking software on Monday and things were going well. But today another big project manager, whom I like but is very opinionated, started having all sorts of opinions about data organization because a handful of her client's "main page" where all their notes and contact info goes takes 45 seconds to load because of all the case work they've generated over the years. Some of it auto-generated nonsense I suggested they prune during importation but no one could be assed. So now she wants to shift everything around in terms of what's linked to what after I put in 2.5 days of manually moving and updating all our customer records......ggaaaaaaahhhh. What she fails to realize is, the thing she's pinning her hopes on....is going to load slow with several thousand linked cases too. We just need to finally archive some of the shit that goes back 10 fucking years.

And then on the other side of me I have a customer bad mouthing our actual software in emails, who can't be assed to touch it and makes statements like "it does not keep an accurate record of sales and profitability." You fucking jackass, that's exactly what it does if you even bothered to do more than turn to your wife and go "do all the work." He thinks our software is fucking Quickbooks and should account for his goddamn water bill so he can look at one year-end statement. I've been hand regenerating this asshole's accounting for close to 6 months now as his wife back enters 2022 data poorly and I have to check all her work and tell her things like "this Purchase Order you wrote is dated in NOVEMBER OF THIS YEAR."

I actually had to have someone vibe check my response email before I sent it. Been a while since I've needed that.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2023, 08:21:39 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11189 on: August 11, 2023, 03:52:52 pm »

I'm bloated as all hell. Not sure why, got plenty of fibre and I've been drinking plenty.
Pages: 1 ... 744 745 [746] 747 748 ... 779