Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 745 746 [747] 748 749 ... 795

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 1127292 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Things that made you mildly upset today thread
« Reply #11190 on: August 14, 2023, 09:32:17 am »

I'm bloated as all hell. Not sure why, got plenty of fibre and I've been drinking plenty.
Regular diet of oats porridge with greek yoghurt is super good for countering this, just helps build up a solid gut flora capable of handling fibre and carbohydrates in abundance. But people going from keto straight into oats porridge... I've heard had nuclear reactions, until their guts adjusted ;d

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11191 on: August 14, 2023, 12:08:10 pm »

When you're gleefully erasing and drawing on a layer you think is a copy but after half an hour you realize is the original and now you gotta redo an entire half of a side that was finished weeks ago for fucks sake this is why people say layer management is an important skill in digital art :V
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #11192 on: August 14, 2023, 04:36:46 pm »

Set up a new customer 2 weeks ago. They just cancelled.

I was told that, among the reasons they cancelled was the owner didn't appreciate my input on their personnel issues. Fair.

Then again, when _every single person at the business points to one individual as the reason everything is fucked up_ I tend to communicate that to the powers that be.

I even sat in a 45 minute meeting with the owner and said things like "I don't want to overstep my bounds here but...." The owner even said they appreciated what they were hearing and wanted my perspective.

The person in question actively sabotaged our implementation the first day we were there by going to his immediate supervisors and strenuously advocating for abandoning ship.

They also are the most senior employee there and have a personal relationship with the owner going back to before high school.

I'm just frustrated because I *hate* when people say one thing but think another. I didn't get the impression when talking to the owner he had any problems with what they were hearing. But I guess that's the lesson: never say anything you don't need to.

Oh and top of that they said the training went too fast and no one paid attention. Lol.

Whatever though. The software system they were getting away from is closing down in October, so they have like a month and a half to find something new. Good luck to them. Meanwhile, that's a a week and change of my life I don't get back. But at least I got a hat out of it.

It sucks and I'm working through my own feelings and responsibilities on this one. But at the end of the day, I don't think I me saying less would have salvaged this relationship.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2023, 04:38:39 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #11193 on: August 15, 2023, 08:39:30 am »

Just here to complain about modern electronics again.

My daughter broke the top screen of my 3DS, so I bought a replacement screen. So far, I've needed 5 tools to dismantle the thing, and I can't go any further because I need another tool to move on. That's even BEFORE the heatgun needed to melt glue holding everything in the top half together.

Christ almighty, just let me take my shit apart.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #11194 on: August 15, 2023, 10:40:58 am »

Wait... 3DS still counts as modern tech?  :P
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #11195 on: August 15, 2023, 06:35:23 pm »

It has New in the title!

Welp, my heatgun broke thanks to a power surge, which would cost as much to replace as a used new3ds...
« Last Edit: August 16, 2023, 03:53:27 am by delphonso »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #11196 on: August 16, 2023, 05:04:00 am »

friggin biology driving to a place you haven't been isn't a goddamn bear this isn't helping #fuckanxietyreactionsaaaahhhh
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #11197 on: August 16, 2023, 05:10:59 am »

*The bear you'll meet on the road*

Yessss, keep telling yourself that little snack.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11198 on: August 16, 2023, 05:12:08 am »

We also had a power surge here, it killed the AC during hottest part of the day, luckily we had an old one we could swap it out for.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #11199 on: August 16, 2023, 02:17:47 pm »

Our generator keeps overheating while running, which means we have to turn off the AC too to avoid draining the batteries. It's a pain in the ass.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11200 on: August 16, 2023, 03:00:31 pm »

I'm pretty fortunate... our high temperature yesterday was a whopping 291K1.  We had an overnight low of only 285K. Unseasonably cool for August.  (Today's high is about 540R2 though, closer to average).

Spoiler: 1 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: 2 (click to show/hide)
This product contains deoxyribonucleic acid which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, reproductive harm, and other health issues.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11201 on: August 16, 2023, 03:45:47 pm »

K is just C with baggage. It is logical and sensible. You can't annoy us with it.
F on the other hand is the spawn of the deep ones. Conceived on the precipice of sanity where unthinkable geometry reigns.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11202 on: August 16, 2023, 03:52:48 pm »

Rankine is my favorite, so ha.
It's cool here as well; it's been an incredibly cool summer overall. I certainly don't mind.

Celsius doesn't make any sense. What's so special about 100, what's so special about water, what's so special about boiling? Only lunatics think that's logical.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #11203 on: August 16, 2023, 03:54:08 pm »

It’s only critical to life as we know it :p
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11204 on: August 16, 2023, 03:54:27 pm »

What's so special about water - said mostly water.
Pages: 1 ... 745 746 [747] 748 749 ... 795