Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 743 744 [745] 746 747 ... 795

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 1127295 times)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly upset today thread
« Reply #11160 on: July 30, 2023, 03:39:07 am »

Silly design choices.

When my phone rings, the green accept button is on the left, the red don't accept button on the right.

However, if you make a call using whatsapp's call service, the buttons are reversed. So someone just thought I pushed their call away while I was trying to accept it.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11161 on: July 30, 2023, 04:00:36 am »

My phone goes black while im calling someone and I hate it: dial number, nothing fucking happens for 40 seconds, can I please see my stupid screen take it off the ear several times before the damn thing reactivates... and at one point it'll do then... phone with the most compute power I ever had on the phone but it's ill suited to do phone things -.-
let

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11162 on: July 30, 2023, 04:01:47 am »

I picked up Fire Emblem Fates again, just because I miss the pairing mechanic so much, and it upset me that the 'good' part of the game is so small. After Conquest chapter 10, which is a chapter that's so honest and pure in design, and then after that it's a straight nosedive into irritating gimmicks and bullshit. I hadn't touched the game in years, and for good reason, and that reason was that the game is such a crushing disappointment. It just upsets me to see so much wasted potential.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11163 on: July 30, 2023, 06:03:55 am »

As for my own mildly upset, I discovered several slats on one of my window blinds to be missing. I don't know when it happened, except it had to have been very recently. Possibly today. And I discovered this while trying to adjust the slats to deflect a wall of horizontal rain hitting my window. Annoyingly, they are at "privacy" height, which is also the height where a lot of my things, mousepad in particular, got wet. I would be more angry, but I looked up and found out that it's easy enough to fix, I just have to buy new slats since this window blind doesn't have spares.

So it turns out that several of the slats were just stuck together. *facepalm*
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #11164 on: July 30, 2023, 07:32:30 pm »

I picked up Fire Emblem Fates again, just because I miss the pairing mechanic so much, and it upset me that the 'good' part of the game is so small. After Conquest chapter 10, which is a chapter that's so honest and pure in design, and then after that it's a straight nosedive into irritating gimmicks and bullshit. I hadn't touched the game in years, and for good reason, and that reason was that the game is such a crushing disappointment. It just upsets me to see so much wasted potential.

Basically all the post-original-DS Fire Emblems have broken my icy heart one way or another. Awakening hurt the most with good reviews and then dumb spawn-and-attack tactics, plus most of the huge cast are insufferable.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #11165 on: July 30, 2023, 10:51:39 pm »

Pro-tip: when smashing a rock with a sledgehammer, take off any rings and wear gloves to prevent minor but otherwise uncomfortable injuries to your hands.

Also, gross there are bugs in my rock.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #11166 on: July 31, 2023, 12:02:30 am »

Just in general, gloves when using tools is a good idea if you want to reduce the chance of some kind of hand related annoyance happening.

I used to be kinda' lackadaisical about it, and then going a little too hard with a rake ended up causing the right kind of damage to get a wart to settle in to one of my thumbs. It took multiple doctor trips and like a fucking year to get rid of that thing. Ever since: Gloves. Every time.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #11167 on: July 31, 2023, 08:22:02 am »

Every time I convince myself I don't need gloves I get a glass shard or a wood splinter stuck in my hand that takes ages (or much digging with a knife and tweezers) to remove. Gloves are worth it, despite whatever we may choose to believe is optional

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #11168 on: July 31, 2023, 09:42:18 am »

I even put on safety glasses to protect me peepers (and my regular glasses).
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #11169 on: July 31, 2023, 03:33:34 pm »

I swear, every goddamn time I take a nap I wake up in pain or otherwise feeling worse. They're so tempting, and often the worst of it's after my body's really insistent that a nap would be an incredibly good idea, but, like. Every goddamn time. Usually, today too, it's a headache from hell.

I'm getting plenty of water so it's extremely unlikely to be dehydration, so, just. I wish I could make it stop, or at least finally have it internalize that no matter how attractive that nap is looking, it's just pain and it's going to make things worse so don't do it. Fucking ow.
Ask not!
Ask!

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11170 on: July 31, 2023, 04:18:20 pm »

I've noticed if I nap in jeans or a shirt, I'll wake up sweating to death.

Art manager has been on vacation for a week, so I'm the only one who knows how the system works. I'll know how well I did tomorrow. But there's been more than a few problems, like clients sending in shitty jpgs or asking for some major edits of their art. Just today I had to wait a half-hour downloading an Adobe Illustrator file, just to find out it's basically blank because the client didn't include the image file in the zip.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #11171 on: August 01, 2023, 07:05:28 am »

Dear God I hate writer's block.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11172 on: August 01, 2023, 05:38:11 pm »

Dear God I hate writer's block.

Tell me about it!
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. I also geld memes.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #11173 on: August 01, 2023, 05:40:32 pm »

Tell you about it... in writing :V
Ask not!
Ask!

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11174 on: August 03, 2023, 03:36:58 am »

Tell you about it... in writing :V

NO
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. I also geld memes.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!
Pages: 1 ... 743 744 [745] 746 747 ... 795