Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 661 662 [663] 664 665 ... 779

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 859190 times)

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly upset today thread
« Reply #9930 on: June 03, 2022, 02:24:15 am »

I also meant online.
Dammit Max, are you okay? I don't know you all that well but from what I've seen I do like you. You've got it bad enough irl, living at the wrong place at the wrong time and all.. please feel welcome here at least.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #9931 on: June 03, 2022, 02:29:33 am »

Neurosurgeon wants to cut me open. Well, at least my elbow.
Not upset about that though, I'll be happy when that fixes my ulnaropathy.

Mildly upset that they want to put me under for a 20 minute minor surgery.

Yo... 'T is but a scratch, can I please just have local anesthesia? And preferably a monitor so I can watch and be intrigued? Thx.
It might not be life or death surgery but it doesnt sound easy to be amenable to use local anaesthesia. It's meaty and invasive enough to make local anaesthethics not a good option, it's too proximal to just anaesthethize the arm, and it's too high to use spinal anaesthesia without hazard. 
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #9932 on: June 03, 2022, 02:30:22 am »

I also meant online.
Dammit Max, are you okay? I don't know you all that well but from what I've seen I do like you. You've got it bad enough irl, living at the wrong place at the wrong time and all.. please feel welcome here at least.
Just feeling very anxious as of recent and also I just feel like people secretly want me gone.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #9933 on: June 03, 2022, 03:17:11 am »

Nobody wants you gone, and if they’re doing it secretly well they’re just assholes, and consequently not worth paying attention to.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #9934 on: June 03, 2022, 03:19:14 am »

Nobody wants you gone, and if they’re doing it secretly well they’re just assholes, and consequently not worth paying attention to.
Spies and assassins that are after you are not worth paying attention to? Now that's news.  :P

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9935 on: June 03, 2022, 03:34:36 am »

Spies and assassins that are after you are not worth paying attention to? Now that's news.  :P
It’s not paranoia if I’m right!
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9936 on: June 03, 2022, 03:42:52 am »

I want to die. Nobody would ever miss me if I just disappeared from existence the next minute. I would be forgotten within weeks.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2022, 03:47:37 am by MaxTheFox »
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9937 on: June 03, 2022, 03:50:37 am »

Okay. I don't know your personal circumstances. I have a hunch you're having a terrible time in real life, but that's personal and none of my bussiness, so it's hard to comment.

If you want to know, yes, I would miss your foxy-ass avatar, for what it's worth. I hope you are able to find people in real life who can help you, because there is very little that we can do online from far away. If there is anything you want to talk about please feel free, but we understand if you don't.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9938 on: June 03, 2022, 03:56:56 am »

Okay. I don't know your personal circumstances. I have a hunch you're having a terrible time in real life, but that's personal and none of my bussiness, so it's hard to comment.

If you want to know, yes, I would miss your foxy-ass avatar, for what it's worth. I hope you are able to find people in real life who can help you, because there is very little that we can do online from far away. If there is anything you want to talk about please feel free, but we understand if you don't.
<3

It's a lot of small things, not any single event. Just a lot of shit piling up. Lowkey having a meltdown right now.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9939 on: June 03, 2022, 04:06:58 am »

There are plenty of people in your life that would remember you forever, some you probably don’t even know about.

You’d be missed around here for certain.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9940 on: June 03, 2022, 04:10:58 am »

There are plenty of people in your life that would remember you forever, some you probably don’t even know about.

You’d be missed around here for certain.
<3 <3 <3 Thank you.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #9941 on: June 03, 2022, 08:10:27 am »

I hope things get better for you soon Max.
I do appreciate your presence on this forum and would be sad if you left.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #9942 on: June 03, 2022, 01:58:46 pm »

I feel one of those summer funks coming up. Friend is leaving back home (out of country), another has been forced to come back due to work trouble. They're all starting or in the process of having a family and I'm kinda sitting here still single, and while I'm in no rush to do something like that anytime soon, I do wonder at times and it does kinda feel like I'm treading water while everyone else is happily moving along in life.

I've been trying to figure out a direction but holy shit is it a terrifying prospect, despite knowing, at an intellectual level that nothing is permanent and whatever the fuck I pick I can in most cases change my mind and alter course down the road, convincing my animal brain the same is proving a more difficult task.

That lovely line from the Modest Mouse song comes to mind: "Where do you move when what you're moving from is yourself?"

I feel this shit might escalate to some major sads if I don't get it under control soon but I'm not currently feeling up to that task I guess.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9943 on: June 03, 2022, 11:12:49 pm »

I hope things get better for you soon Max.
I do appreciate your presence on this forum and would be sad if you left.
<3

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9944 on: June 04, 2022, 07:40:18 am »

Ash goes in the cardbox, styrofoam goes in the knottables, everybody is allowed a mistake and you got to understand I didn't go out to greet them so obviously they need to do n'importequoi because I'm lazy, it's not like the community is gonna subvent your filthiness.... I cAnT jUSt IgNoRe ThE pEoPlE aT mY WoRk EiThEr

Yes because if send them home with half their shit they will be so much happier. Less than animals, their language skills are nothing but mimetism.
let
Pages: 1 ... 661 662 [663] 664 665 ... 779