Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 658 659 [660] 661 662 ... 779

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 858902 times)

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly upset today thread
« Reply #9885 on: May 20, 2022, 11:27:18 am »

I'm sorry to hear that, it is a truly awful thing to be embroiled in a conflict like that, especially when it's in a community you care about.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #9886 on: May 20, 2022, 11:33:16 am »

Yeah, I'm sorry your community turned out like that.  :'(
I'm mostly against resignation letters, myself.  Its just more fuel to be used against your absent self, and not likely to change anything.
But if it gives you closure, its fine no problems.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9887 on: May 20, 2022, 02:48:24 pm »

Bought a bunch of foam storage sheets for my minis the other day, turned out none of the boxes* I have are the right size to fit them into, so I've got the sheets lying around my room while I wait on bigger boxes to arrive. Left my door open for about a quarter of an hour while I had a conversation with my mother, in that time the dog went into my room and ruined two of the sheets. I have decided to buy a door spring to close the door automatically behind me. This will not be great for the cat or tortoise's ability to wander the house freely, but at this point the dog has made it clear he can't be trusted with access to my room or any of my hobby materials and I just can't be bothered with my stuff being wrecked anymore.

*Mostly under the bed storage boxes, not really designed with foam trays in mind.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9888 on: May 21, 2022, 02:04:34 am »

Yeah, I'm sorry your community turned out like that.  :'(
I'm mostly against resignation letters, myself.  Its just more fuel to be used against your absent self, and not likely to change anything.
But if it gives you closure, its fine no problems.

It does give me some, and it shows to myself and to them that I'm not like the owner who just dips without saying anything... I felt like I owed people an explanation for why I was going, as there would've been a lot read into my wordlessly leaving anyways.

I won't say that the message in itself changed this, but I did manage to keep in touch with one of the admins that I quite liked afterwards, despite us technically being on "opposing sides" in the conflict. So there's that.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #9889 on: May 21, 2022, 02:29:04 am »

I have three canker sores at the very end of the soft palate in my mouth, and it is painful to swallow, and will likely be so for however many days it takes to go away.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #9890 on: May 21, 2022, 08:20:30 am »

I have three canker sores at the very end of the soft palate in my mouth, and it is painful to swallow, and will likely be so for however many days it takes to go away.

Don't worry, Uncle Poo gotcha covered

https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/product/827/smpc#gref
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #9891 on: May 21, 2022, 09:01:44 am »

cinnamyl alcohol, citral, citronellol, eugenol, geraniol, isoeugenol, limonene and linalool.

This is the most fake sounding ingredient list I have ever seen. Who comes up with these names? Cinnamyl? Citronellol? Eugene-ol? Limonene and linalool? Somewhere I feel i crossed over into a Dr Seuss poem
Love, scriver~

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9892 on: May 21, 2022, 09:04:44 am »

Possibly terpenes so like aetheric oil extracts?
let

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #9893 on: May 21, 2022, 10:00:06 am »

Probably better than trying to apply a topical anaesthetic via finger or cotton bud.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9894 on: May 21, 2022, 12:58:34 pm »

cinnamyl alcohol, citral, citronellol, eugenol, geraniol, isoeugenol, limonene and linalool.

This is the most fake sounding ingredient list I have ever seen. Who comes up with these names? Cinnamyl? Citronellol? Eugene-ol? Limonene and linalool? Somewhere I feel i crossed over into a Dr Seuss poem

Evetything that is an alcohol derivative (additional OH group) of a chemical that has a conventional short name (xxx) will be named liked (xxx)yl alcohol or (xxx)ol.    This is because the name of the chemical group (component) corresponding to (xxx) is often called (xxx)yl, and it's followed by what's attached to it (an alcohol group). For example, the alcohol derivative of ethane is ethyl alcohol or ethanol. The name of the compound that gives most of the vanilla flavor is vanillin, with group name vanillyl. The alcohol derivative of vanillin would then be called vanillyl alcohol or vanillol.

Apparently a component of cinnamon has the name cinnamaldehyde, so called because it is an aldehyde, and cinnamyl alcohol is the alcohol derivative of that aldehyde (via reduction). Eugenol is apparently another component of cinnamon.

From what I remember limonene is a very nice organic solvent you can extract from citrus rinds!

« Last Edit: May 21, 2022, 01:04:22 pm by bloop_bleep »
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9895 on: May 21, 2022, 02:00:36 pm »

Scriveeehhr, you wouldn't reverse-engineer a cinnamon from booze! That's a clear violation of intellectual property rights!
let

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #9896 on: May 22, 2022, 02:07:24 am »

Probably better than trying to apply a topical anaesthetic via finger or cotton bud.
I usually juryrig a makeshift mucositis mouthwash using lidocaine but you wont get that OTC and the stuff I linked is good enoigh usually..
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9897 on: May 22, 2022, 11:08:49 am »

I usually juryrig a makeshift mucositis mouthwash using lidocaine but you wont get that OTC and the stuff I linked is good enoigh usually..

Wait, as a doctor do you just get to buy whatever prescription medication you desire?
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #9898 on: May 22, 2022, 01:29:01 pm »

Wait, as a doctor do you just get to buy whatever prescription medication you desire?
Yup. They can write prescriptions.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9899 on: May 22, 2022, 01:39:04 pm »

That's kinda hilarious...
Pages: 1 ... 658 659 [660] 661 662 ... 779