Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 657 658 [659] 660 661 ... 794

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 1123624 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly upset today thread
« Reply #9870 on: May 18, 2022, 02:53:40 pm »

Anonymous emails via Tor to whoever oversees this?

Or the media. Or both!
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9871 on: May 18, 2022, 03:41:08 pm »

*waggles hand* It's risky, even with that. Generally with that kind of thing there's only a certain amount of people with access to the data that'd show the problem, so if the information leaks, well... there's only so many possibilities. If there's not fairly robust whistleblower protections in your locality (and there probably isn't :-\), it can be difficult to bring that sort of thing to anyone's attention, especially without screwing yourself over pretty hard.

I'm honestly not sure what the personally safest way to alert folks to that sort of mess is. Part of me thinks maybe whitehat hackers or somethin' like that, for a degree of separation from the leak, but... yeah.

E: Though with government/local audits, it's possible the data is public record (if buried or hard to access), in which case yeah, just tipping off media might manage something.

E2: All that said, if there's someone you're supposed to inform of discrepancies as part of your normal work duties... do that. Also document doing that, and if it's legal keep copies of the records involved showing the problem, so if at some point in the future it does get out and the folks doing it try to scapegoat you, you can just go "Ah hell naw" and show the papertrail saying it ain't your damn fault and you did exactly what you were supposed to do.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2022, 03:46:30 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #9872 on: May 18, 2022, 04:57:44 pm »

For what it's worth, time reveals all.

A scummy person has adopted the worldview of doing scummy things.  They're not going to stop doing scummy things, so eventually they get caught.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9873 on: May 18, 2022, 05:16:46 pm »

Helped buddy build a new pc with his tax money. His old pc suffered from likely power supply or overheating issues. He gave me the old pc.

FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9874 on: May 18, 2022, 05:53:35 pm »

Chat group I'm an admin for just suffered a complete meltdown resulting in the headmins ragequitting. I'm now one of 2.5 moderators left, because apparently emotional outbursts is how we do.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9875 on: May 18, 2022, 05:59:28 pm »

I'd assume it would be if you've halved one of your admins and are still using what's left of them to handle moderation. Most folks don't do somethin' like that in a calm state of being :V
Ask not!
Ask!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9876 on: May 19, 2022, 02:03:25 am »

Heh, I say ".5" because she feels partly responsible for the blowout and like she's being viewed with hostility by the rest of the team besides me... So she's considering quitting as a means of making peace and also for her own stress.

So yeah, she's probably feeling a bit halved at the moment

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9877 on: May 19, 2022, 11:39:01 am »

Everybody let's give up a round of applause for the inability of the front pocket of an eastpack to hold phone + wallet + tabacco... They allways trying so hard to squeeze themselves empty and past the other objects... Like... You shitstains everything being equal you are supposed to arrange yourself by weight where does all the stupid shear force come from... I swear...

"Blasphemy? Speak not blasphemy to me, for I would strike down the sun if it insulted me..."
let

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9878 on: May 19, 2022, 01:32:58 pm »

Always, always prioritize pocket size for lower body clothing, yes yes. Ones I'm wearing can fit like a water bottle and a paperback novel in one pocket, plus keys and stuff. Tablet I'm using nowadays can't quite fit, but it's a close thing. You can hold an unhappy kitten in these things. Best feature of these pants, yes.
Ask not!
Ask!

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9879 on: May 19, 2022, 01:51:24 pm »

Alas I am bound to neon yellow code conform garments provided to me by my liege. The master won't even let me fold up the lower parts of the trousers into a short for fear of the insurance gods.

The shuffling around of items along the day drives me insane, allways gotta have your wallet and your phone and your pfffffffffff, the inventory management mechanics leave some things to be desired, let me assign hotkeys to different profiles.
let

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9880 on: May 20, 2022, 01:57:54 am »

Chat group I'm an admin for just suffered a complete meltdown resulting in the headmins ragequitting. I'm now one of 2.5 moderators left, because apparently emotional outbursts is how we do.

Update: The two ragequitting admins reappeared after apparently holding a secret kangaroo court with the one other dude left over for the .5, deeming her guilty in absentia. Their silent rejoining was accompanied by the remaining dude giving the announcement that "we have come to the agreement that" the .5 should step down due to "personality conflicts", his first time commenting on the situation at all. Apparently it was a conscious decision to have him be the one give this message, because the owner "wanted a neutral party to give the notice, so that .5 didn't feel like she was being ganged up on".

Given that it's blatantly obvious even to me that this decision was reached by a secret inner circle, I'm not sure how effective that tactic was.

I also can't shake the feeling that I've got a target painted on my back now, given that the .5 was a friend and I voiced some of my concerns with the owner, which she is entirely too quick to treat as an attack.

So, basically, your usual fun times with drama. It's a shame, I liked all these people, and the group itself. Don't know how much longer I'm going to last there though.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #9881 on: May 20, 2022, 02:27:20 am »

Go out in a blaze of glory, man. Take them down from the inside!
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #9882 on: May 20, 2022, 09:48:30 am »

Or, assuming for a second it's discord or something similar, you hit that nice "Delete Server" button and save yourself the headaches.
What I like about discord is that I can usually meet up with the cool people on other servers if one goes sour.

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #9883 on: May 20, 2022, 10:57:57 am »

Always, always prioritize pocket size for lower body clothing, yes yes. Ones I'm wearing can fit like a water bottle and a paperback novel in one pocket, plus keys and stuff. Tablet I'm using nowadays can't quite fit, but it's a close thing. You can hold an unhappy kitten in these things. Best feature of these pants, yes.

Tangentially related, but I've always though that 8in or so is the superior tablet size- just large enough for a luxurious screen, and small enough to take generally wherever, or fit in a back pocket for a brief transport.
Also, nobody really makes 7in tablets worth a damn.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9884 on: May 20, 2022, 11:18:57 am »

Yeah, ended up typing up a resignation message just to see if it felt right. When I checked into admin chat again to think about posting it, I saw that they were smack-talking the recently removed admin over something completely inane. It felt more right.

Hands are still shaking and my heart's still thundering away, but that's just me with conflicts.
Pages: 1 ... 657 658 [659] 660 661 ... 794